Qatar World Cup 2022 šŸ‡¶šŸ‡¦

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the mbappe stuff is ridiculous. he had a quiet game yesterday because england had at least two men on him (and not in a good way) at all times. iā€™m also sick of seeing that photo of him laughing after the penalty miss - the abject horror that england feel whenever anyone doesnā€™t roll over for them (i hate him, but see also ronaldoā€™s wink) is so entitled. he knew that, in the moment, his team was probably going to the semis but is apparently not allowed to express an emotion about that.

given how much england fans celebrated germany getting knocked out i would say they have very short memories. though their continued belief that they have an epic rivalry with germany because of 1966 when germany went onto win multiple tournaments after that and genuinely do not care anymore is ridic šŸ¤£
this is going to be my reply to salty England fans moaning for the foreseeable

58079B69-DA84-46A2-9EE9-3566408E13AB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A few years ago my mum and I made a huge mistake when booking a holiday to Mallorca and ended up a predominately German resort in a hotel full of German people. We stood out like sore thumbs, but they were lovely and so welcoming to us. Most spoke perfect English as well (they could also drink us under the table but did so without making a scene and vomiting everywhere). If the boot were on the other foot and two Germans ended up in Magaluf by mistake I canā€™t see Brits having been as welcoming and tolerant towards them. They were lovely, warm, welcoming people. The two world wars thing is embarrassing seeing Germany have won the World Cup about three times and always beat England.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
this is going to be my reply to salty England fans moaning for the foreseeable

View attachment 1798784
look how happy he is šŸ¤£

but the absolute drama iā€™ve seen with this being posted on twitter saying itā€™s disrespectful. if he was doing it right in an england playerā€™s face then, sure. but people are allowed to be happy when their team is winning or when they ride out a huge opportunity from the other team.

Reactions: 3
look how happy he is šŸ¤£

but the absolute drama iā€™ve seen with this being posted on twitter saying itā€™s disrespectful. if he was doing it right in an england playerā€™s face then, sure. but people are allowed to be happy when their team is winning or when they ride out a huge opportunity from the other team.
Obviously youā€™re going to be buzzing your opponent team have missed in a big tournament and it looks like youā€™re gonna win. The amount of hate iā€™ve seen for him is ridiculous! the rest of the team were probs the same itā€™s only because the camera panned to him

Reactions: 2
This is when football (fans) gets on my wick. People so entrenched. Eugh.

Itā€™s been beautiful and fun and thereā€™s more to come.

Reactions: 2
England never win and the sooner the dopey fans accept that and lower their expectations the bloody better! I did predict a 2-1 win for France šŸ˜Š . My OH laughed when My team Brazil got knocked out and I said 'I wouldn't laugh too much England will be on the other plane home' and boy was I right:ROFLMAO:.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Doesnā€™t really seem to be the aim of the game does it? Not expecting to win.
Itā€™s the hope that kills ya, though. Exquisite hope.

Reactions: 1
Yes thereā€™s the nuance - hope v expectation.

Tbh I donā€™t know any England fans that expect to win - too world weary.

F78E4793-023B-4D1C-B97A-E8BABBC9D915.jpeg

The Wikipedia page now has a protected view to stop people from editing it šŸ¤£. It is funny how crazy England fans are getting over this.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Quite a long way off the 30 million viewers expected

Screenshot_20221211_115827.jpg

Reactions: 1
England fans complaining about the ref have forgotten about the fact that they booed the players off the pitch after the USA match.
Not sure I understand the criticism of the ref, he awarded England 2 penalties, not his fault they didnā€™t score both. England played well but were beaten by the current world champions, itā€™s not too shabby šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Croatia to win šŸ™

Reactions: 9
Thank god, we now get four years before we're forced to listen to the inevitable Three Lions (60 Years of Hurt Remix).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They should start trend that it's a curse saying "it's coming come", boycott the song for the next one and hopefully then they'll win and it'll be the end of that.

There's nothing unique or exceptional with England and having a small minority of fans with terrible behaviour.

Itā€™s already home. Itā€™s galling that this is overlooked.

BBC radio news reporting a higher viewer figure than that.

Also, the New Order song with John Barnes rapping is so much better than Three Lions.

• Heart
England fans complaining about the ref have forgotten about the fact that they booed the players off the pitch after the USA match.
Not sure I understand the criticism of the ref, he awarded England 2 penalties, not his fault they didnā€™t score both. England played well but were beaten by the current world champions, itā€™s not too shabby šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Croatia to win šŸ™
I donā€™t understand it either, yeah there were maybe a couple of things he missed - the Kane foul (was it or was it not a penalty) but he gave them two penalties which were the only real chances at goal they had apart from a shot from Bellingham and Rashford from what I can remember. Look at how terrible the Argentina/Netherlands referee was, imagine if heā€™d done this match šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

If youā€™re having to rely on penalties to score a goal youā€™re not exactly doing a great job. I thought they played quite well (not an England fan) but you canā€™t blame a ref because your team couldnā€™t score goals nor defend the two they let in. I think the team are hilarious, I enjoy watching TikToks of them and they seem a good bunch of lads but the media/pundits really need to just let them do their thing and stop putting pressure on them.

So many comments from the Engerland fans on SM about Mbappe ā€˜not being good enough from the Premier Leagueā€™. Presumably that why several of the big clubs have been sniffing around him for the last few years šŸ˜‚ I mean didnā€™t Liverpool try and buy him at one point? Heā€™s not playing in the PL because he doesnā€™t want to! These people talk such rubbish and this just fuels the ā€˜anyone but Englandā€™ feeling. There is a thread currently running on MN where people are explaining far more eloquently than I am exactly why so many of us feel the way that we do about the England mens team and its just not going in at all. So many English people lack any insight about how they behave and how they are seen by the rest of the world. Apparently this is jealousy, jealousy over what? Scotland were a better side than England for many years, Ireland qualified in 1994 and England didnā€™t Wales went further in 2016. We all qualified for the Euroā€™s last year. Jealousy over 1966?! An event that will fade from living memory within the next decade? If you say so šŸ˜‚

Carlo Garganese (Italian football journalist) invented a great phrase for these people, ā€œPremfacesā€.

263C9893-750F-456A-8072-98EF55758D7D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5