Puppies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just seen this thread. My puppy is just over 5 months and is going through a wee fear stage. I’ve read this is normal and they can go through a couple of these before they’re a year old.

My issue is she seems to have regressed in terms of going out walks. As soon as she sees someone or another dog, even in the distance, or hears barking she immediately panics and makes a bee line for the house or car and I’ve no idea how to help her 😭. Has anyone experienced this with their dog?

I’ve just seen this thread. My puppy is just over 5 months and is going through a wee fear stage. I’ve read this is normal and they can go through a couple of these before they’re a year old.

My issue is she seems to have regressed in terms of going out walks. As soon as she sees someone or another dog, even in the distance, or hears barking she immediately panics and makes a bee line for the house or car and I’ve no idea how to help her 😭. Has anyone experienced this with their dog?
Yep I've been through that (many years ago), it's so upsetting, what breed is she?

Yep I've been through that (many years ago), it's so upsetting, what breed is she?
She’s a cocker spaniel. It’s weird because she loves people any other time (postman, delivery drivers etc) and she used loved making pals with other dogs when out a walk lol

She’s a cocker spaniel. It’s weird because she loves people any other time (postman, delivery drivers etc) and she used loved making pals with other dogs when out a walk lol
I don't know the breed, but maybe she's about to come into season ?

I don't know the breed, but maybe she's about to come into season ?
I don’t know, I think she’s a bit young for that. According to what I’ve read it’s normal and she should come out of it in her own time and I shouldn’t push her, but it’s been going on for a few weeks now.

I've always found witches alot more sensitive than boys, If I remember my last girl got her first season at 6 months, hope you can overcome it with her.

Reactions: 2
We’ve been keeping ours on a lead as we feel the season imminent, she’s now 9 months and so desperate to be able to go and play properly :(

Thought I'd do an update. Puppy is now five months, teeth falling out left right and centre so the nipping is still going 😂 training going well to but only has a small concentration span but really wants to learn! We are getting really good at knowing when she's tired/teething for naps. Still won't go in her crate on her own though 🙄 wants to be with you and doesn't want to miss out if you get up lmao. But we are very slowly getting there 😆

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thought I'd do an update. Puppy is now five months, teeth falling out left right and centre so the nipping is still going 😂 training going well to but only has a small concentration span but really wants to learn! We are getting really good at knowing when she's tired/teething for naps. Still won't go in her crate on her own though 🙄 wants to be with you and doesn't want to miss out if you get up lmao. But we are very slowly getting there 😆
What a gorgeous pup 💛 My little male spaniel is a Velcro dog too, he can be in the deepest sleep ever but if you dare to stand up he’ll be wide awake and ready to follow 😆 he’s 9 months and although he’s not quite as clingy as he was as a bubba he’s still definitely clingy but I’ve kind of got used to it!

Reactions: 2
What a gorgeous pup 💛 My little male spaniel is a Velcro dog too, he can be in the deepest sleep ever but if you dare to stand up he’ll be wide awake and ready to follow 😆 he’s 9 months and although he’s not quite as clingy as he was as a bubba he’s still definitely clingy but I’ve kind of got used to it!
We've definitely gotten used to it now. She'll sometimes follow you to the bathroom and has been known to come in as well while we use the loo 🤣 we try and crate her as best we can so she isn't getting up all the time when we move and she can actually nap it's wild how they can be dead to the world but soon as a door opens they're like hello I'm here now! 🤣 Awe bless him! Sometimes it's nice to have a clingy dog then you get all the cuddles! We can get cuddles when she's reallllllly tired othr whose your hands do become chew toys 😆

Spaniels are the ultimate shadow dog. They wanna be with you all the time ❤ she is beautiful.
Thank youuu. Never really had a clingy dog before. Our previous dogs have been boxers. one was very independent and our second (who passed last year) did like to be on you or in the same room as you. He didn't necessarily follow you. But if you where upstairs he'd want to be in the same bit of the house just in a different room lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Such a gorgeous pup! 😍🥰 congrats on getting through 5 months. I’m at 9 months now and I don’t know how I’ve coped haha

• Haha
Such a gorgeous pup! 😍🥰 congrats on getting through 5 months. I’m at 9 months now and I don’t know how I’ve coped haha
Thanks for the confidence 🤣 not quite sure how we managed to get this far either 🤣

Does anybody have any tips for barking please?

My dogs barking has increasingly got worse over the last couple of months. He barks as soon as I open the back door to let him out in the garden, he'll run down the path barking and then bark for a few seconds at the back gate. We believe it's because he's previously seen a cat in the garden so he's barking almost as like a warning sign, but it's so annoying and no doubt my neighbours have noticed. It makes me nervous to let him out first thing in the morning or before we go to bed at night! I resorted to taking him out on a lead the other day!

He also barks at us if he wants to play - I do play with him a lot whilst I am at home but sometimes it's just not possible to play all the time! He will bring a toy over and if we don't pick it up, or we say no, he'll just sit and periodically bark at us. :LOL:

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated. A friend suggested one of those vibrating collars but I don't know that I'm comfortable using something like that and I'd rather train it out of him myself!

Does anybody have any tips for barking please?

My dogs barking has increasingly got worse over the last couple of months. He barks as soon as I open the back door to let him out in the garden, he'll run down the path barking and then bark for a few seconds at the back gate. We believe it's because he's previously seen a cat in the garden so he's barking almost as like a warning sign, but it's so annoying and no doubt my neighbours have noticed. It makes me nervous to let him out first thing in the morning or before we go to bed at night! I resorted to taking him out on a lead the other day!

He also barks at us if he wants to play - I do play with him a lot whilst I am at home but sometimes it's just not possible to play all the time! He will bring a toy over and if we don't pick it up, or we say no, he'll just sit and periodically bark at us. :LOL:

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated. A friend suggested one of those vibrating collars but I don't know that I'm comfortable using something like that and I'd rather train it out of him myself!
Question and dont take it the wrong way, just want to know. Do you not walk your dog? Or just not early in the morning?

No tips for the barking, feel like bad behaviour is best to be ignored with dogs and not give him attention when he Does something bad but to give him a treat when he isnt barking.

Any tips of cat/dog bonding? I’m still trying to keep them separate (cat upstairs, dog downstairs) but on the occasion that the dog manages to get upstairs, and always taking a toy up for our cat, which I think is the cutest but the cat isn’t impressed. Should I just let nature take its cause and hopefully they’ll become more comfortable with each other?

Question and dont take it the wrong way, just want to know. Do you not walk your dog? Or just not early in the morning?

No tips for the barking, feel like bad behaviour is best to be ignored with dogs and not give him attention when he Does something bad but to give him a treat when he isnt barking.
My dog is walked at 7am and 7pm every day without fail ☺ the morning walk is normally 30-45 mins and in the evening a minimum of 45 mins too. What made you ask that?

My dog is walked at 7am and 7pm every day without fail ☺ the morning walk is normally 30-45 mins and in the evening a minimum of 45 mins too. What made you ask that?
Nothing to do against you or anyone but I know a lot of people that ‘walk’ their dog in the yard but not out out you know. I wanted to know why people would chose that. English isnt my first language, sorry if I came of as rude.

• Heart
Nothing to do against you or anyone but I know a lot of people that ‘walk’ their dog in the yard but not out out you know. I wanted to know why people would chose that. English isnt my first language, sorry if I came of as rude.
No, it’s fine ☺ you probably got confused because I said I took him in the garden on a lead (that was to try stop the barking - it didn’t work 😂) but he does get lots of walks!
I don’t know why anyone would think walking the dog in the garden is enough?! Poor things! 😞

• Heart
No, it’s fine ☺ you probably got confused because I said I took him in the garden on a lead (that was to try stop the barking - it didn’t work 😂) but he does get lots of walks!
I don’t know why anyone would think walking the dog in the garden is enough?! Poor things! 😞
Oh god, i have a really barky dog in the house opposite me and I remember when I first got my pup she said, don’t worry just leave the door open 😭 I have never seen her walk the dog she just literally stays in the living room barking. I think she’s also a rescue dog but has no social skills and not enough exercise (she’s a big dog). She’s a lovely and quite elderly lady and another neighbour I spoke to offered to walk her with her dog but then she went into the house and there was tit everywhere and she can’t trust the dog around her dog. 😭

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.