Puppies #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My pup (8 months next week) has turned into a devil these last few days. Growling and attacking me for trying to stroke him. The trainer came yesterday and has advised me how to stop it. Said he is trying to get his own way and also will be in a regression phase. I'm hoping he will learn. He never breaks my skin when he does it, although I know he can as he has before but only when playing and he goes to grab the toy, misses (as I probably moved it) and he has got my finger.

I do really hope it is the regression phase and can teach him not to be like this as I don't want an aggressive dog. Done training classes and now the 1-1 training. Whereas my previous family dogs we never did anything and they were never like this

The training seems to have worked for the crate guarding but still working on it so he doesn't go back and become bad with that again.

Ordered butternut box as he really has been even less interested in his food recently. It's expensive so I'll probably keep him on it till he is on adult food as there is more choice then. That's if he likes it.

My pup (8 months next week) has turned into a devil these last few days. Growling and attacking me for trying to stroke him. The trainer came yesterday and has advised me how to stop it. Said he is trying to get his own way and also will be in a regression phase. I'm hoping he will learn. He never breaks my skin when he does it, although I know he can as he has before but only when playing and he goes to grab the toy, misses (as I probably moved it) and he has got my finger.

I do really hope it is the regression phase and can teach him not to be like this as I don't want an aggressive dog. Done training classes and now the 1-1 training. Whereas my previous family dogs we never did anything and they were never like this

The training seems to have worked for the crate guarding but still working on it so he doesn't go back and become bad with that again.

Ordered butternut box as he really has been even less interested in his food recently. It's expensive so I'll probably keep him on it till he is on adult food as there is more choice then. That's if he likes it.
What sort of dog? Is the guarding a breed trait?

What sort of dog? Is the guarding a breed trait?
It shouldn't be. I actually just fed him a different kind of food than normal since he wasn't eating his normal food well recently especially the last few days. He was grumpy all day today, the worst he has ever been, he usually only does it when tired. After he ate this different food well he has been happy and waggy so I'm hoping if I can find a good he eats well maybe it'll help his behaviour

It shouldn't be. I actually just fed him a different kind of food than normal since he wasn't eating his normal food well recently especially the last few days. He was grumpy all day today, the worst he has ever been, he usually only does it when tired. After he ate this different food well he has been happy and waggy so I'm hoping if I can find a good he eats well maybe it'll help his behaviour
My dog isnt fussy but once when our food delivery was a tiny bit late (i.e he still got breakfast just not as much) he was sooo grumpy.

So maybe that will help.

Reactions: 1
My dog isnt fussy but once when our food delivery was a tiny bit late (i.e he still got breakfast just not as much) he was sooo grumpy.

So maybe that will help.
I wish mine wasn't fussy. My cats are fussy as well. I don't want a dog that would eat anything but one that would nicely eat the food it's meant to 😅.
Bet he won't like butternut box.
Went to a restaurant once where they served doggy roast dinners, he only ate the meant and left everything else, most dogs would've ate that in record time

I wish mine wasn't fussy. My cats are fussy as well. I don't want a dog that would eat anything but one that would nicely eat the food it's meant to 😅.
Bet he won't like butternut box.
Went to a restaurant once where they served doggy roast dinners, he only ate the meant and left everything else, most dogs would've ate that in record time
I have two so ultimately they eat or the other one eats it.

I feed bella and duke raw and both wolf it down. Dogs seem to like butternut box. So fingers crossed

Have you spoken to the vet? I’m in a training group on fb (I think it’s been posted on here before but not 100% and not sure if we’re allowed to promote fb groups or not) - basically they sometimes say unusual behaviours like suddenly attacking or going off food could be a sign of pain so to get the dog checked.

I know when my boy really goes off his food (he is generally indifferent to food anyway but will eat) it’s usually followed by him being ill in the days following.

Reactions: 1
Have you spoken to the vet? I’m in a training group on fb (I think it’s been posted on here before but not 100% and not sure if we’re allowed to promote fb groups or not) - basically they sometimes say unusual behaviours like suddenly attacking or going off food could be a sign of pain so to get the dog checked.

I know when my boy really goes off his food (he is generally indifferent to food anyway but will eat) it’s usually followed by him being ill in the days following.
He has been and don't think it is. He is very fussy with food anyway even with treats. When I first got him he would only eat his kibble even treats he'd refuse now he is the opposite 🙄. He eats my other dogs food better than his but that's not puppy food so don't want him having that. He is eating treats fine still well the ones he likes 😅. After he ate today he was fine again. He is always bright and playful and barely sits still.