PTWM #76 Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey, braces are off but her teeth are wonky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He must be a bloody genius to fake those tears. That was genuine distress he was in.
My son had proper tears the other night at the tea table as I took his toy dinosaur off him as it was distracting him, he soon got over it and ate his tea. W soon got over it and was smiling, just saying šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 8
I never or hardly ever use the term naughty. I just tell them to stop being silly if they are acting up.

Reactions: 7
I think W isnā€™t daft, the noise sounded like pretend crying to me and he has already learnt that that probably means chocolate buttons are coming his way. Heā€™s got them all trained just the way he wants them, in fact he reminded me of Stewie from Family Guy this morning when he was smiling after they had gone. Maybe Winston could be Brian šŸ˜†
You know heā€™s only 20 months right? Funnily enough I donā€™t see him strategically planning a crying fit for chocolate buttons, (unless heā€™s secretly been trained by MI5 due his enhanced intellectual abilities šŸ¤Ø.)

The kid was sobbing. All she needed to do was put the phone down and comfort him. But she didnā€™t because sheā€™s using him to entertain people. Unless you think heā€™s the mastermind behind that also?

Reactions: 22
My son had proper tears the other night at the tea table as I took his toy dinosaur off him as it was distracting him, he soon got over it and ate his tea. W soon got over it and was smiling, just saying šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
How old is your son? Iā€™d get him signed up with an agent if he can fake the type of tears Wilby was crying.

And just because Rach said he stopped crying as soon as they left doesnā€™t mean thatā€™s what happened. Sheā€™s hardly known for her honesty is she?

Also toddlers have no concept of controlling their emotions. In that moment she was filming Wilby was genuinely in distress. Yes he calmed down soon after but doesnā€™t change how upset he was while his mother just filmed him.

Reactions: 16
It isn't fake crying, he really feels that. Toddlers just have fleeting moods. Genuinely he was sad they were going out without him. My smallest has done the same. But I don't expect him to stand by the door sobbing and saying goodbye, we distract him and get him involved in an activity so he barely notices. But yet again thats not a good show for the gram is it?

Reactions: 15
You know heā€™s only 20 months right? Funnily enough I donā€™t see him strategically planning a crying fit for chocolate buttons, (unless heā€™s secretly been trained by MI5 due his enhanced intellectual abilities šŸ¤Ø.)

The kid was sobbing. All she needed to do was put the phone down and comfort him. But she didnā€™t because sheā€™s using him to entertain people. Unless you think heā€™s the mastermind behind that also?
Forgive me Mumsnet Tattle for I have voiced an opinion on a childā€™s behaviour. I THINK (never met the kid, couldnā€™t possibly know, only see 10 minutes of his day) that I wouldnā€™t call that being in massively distressed, just upset he wasnā€™t going with them and yes a cuddle would have much better than filming it for her crappy content. You donā€™t have to think that too. I shall crawl back under the rock I came from now šŸ™„

Reactions: 12
I haven't watched her tit show stories.
It might just be me, but whenever either of my children cry (fake or not) it absolutely melts me and breaks my heart and I HAVE to cuddle them. Even if iv told them off and they cry, I give them a cuddle afterwards šŸ¤£
My youngest went through a stage when the schools opened back up and he sobbed and begged for his brother not to go school, it was heartbreaking, it wasn't funny and I didn't film it.
R needs a bloody parenting intervention

Reactions: 14
Forgive me Mumsnet Tattle for I have voiced an opinion on a childā€™s behaviour. I THINK (never met the kid, couldnā€™t possibly know, only see 10 minutes of his day) that I wouldnā€™t call that being in massively distressed, just upset he wasnā€™t going with them and yes a cuddle would have much better than filming it for her crappy content. You donā€™t have to think that too. I shall crawl back under the rock I came from now šŸ™„
Okay cool. I just wasnā€™t aware there was now a measurement tool for crying for toddlers. When mine were little all cries were cries. Is it like:

Toddler breaks bone - High level cry. Action needed
Toddler stumps toe - Mid level cry. Just say ā€˜awwā€™
Toddler needs a cuddle - Low level cry. Get camera out.

Do I ask Mumsnet?

Reactions: 7
I propose a game. Next time she leaves a gazillion stories on Insta we all agree on a time to watch it. Every time she says "giving it one of 'em" we have to do a shot. It'll be a virtual party!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I propose a game. Next time she leaves a gazillion stories on Insta we all agree on a time to watch it. Every time she says "giving it one of 'em" we have to do a shot. It'll be a virtual party!
Iā€™m teetotal (I genuinely donā€™t like the taste šŸ˜‚) but Iā€™m so game!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Okay cool. I just wasnā€™t aware there was now a measurement tool for crying for toddlers. When mine were little all cries were cries. Is it like:

Toddler breaks bone - High level cry. Action needed
Toddler stumps toe - Mid level cry. Just say ā€˜awwā€™
Toddler needs a cuddle - Low level cry. Get camera out.

Do I ask Mumsnet?
Yes sounds good to me šŸ™„ having heard the cry of a child with a broken bone I would say your not far off . You were obviously lucky that your kids didnā€™t try it on with you, I know mine do and I know the signs. I donā€™t know W, I was just forming an opinion based on my own experiences. But you huns can carry on telling me Iā€™m wrong. Iā€™m off to get my vaccine šŸ’‰

Reactions: 2
Yes sounds good to me šŸ™„ having heard the cry of a child with a broken bone I would say your not far off . You were obviously lucky that your kids didnā€™t try it on with you, I know mine do and I know the signs. I donā€™t know W, I was just forming an opinion based on my own experiences. But you huns can carry on telling me Iā€™m wrong. Iā€™m off to get my vaccine šŸ’‰
Resorting to name calling = a sure sign the debate is lost.

Wilby is 20 months old, he does not have the ability to be wilfully naughty or to try it on to the point of producing an awful lot of tears. All kids try it on, of course they do, but only once they have the mental capacity to do so. A 20 month old lacks that ability. Iā€™m pretty sure the vast majority of us here are well aware when our kids have tried it on. Have to be honest though none of mine, while trying it on, have ever been able to produce tears to that extent. My indicator of them trying to have me over is a distinct lack of tears (although the 18 and 12 year olds now compete at who can produce fake tears the fastest).

Reactions: 9
Canā€™t think of anything to say to that to be honest

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Im pretty sure B not long ago said T doesnt remember anything from that time šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I vaguely remember that being said too, but she doesn't need to remember it to have anxiety from it, professionals believe that my child has developed anxiety over something she witnessed as a 6 year old, she has zero memory of it. The way it was explained to me was that as a child's mind develops between the ages of 0-7 years, if they experience something traumatic, their brain can get stuck in fight or flight mode, this is often the cause of anxiety in children. As R always likes to point out, we only see 5 mins of their day, but I have to say, from those snippets, I definitely see an anxious child in T at times, her playing up to the camera isn't a sign of otherwise imo

• Sad
I love Stewie, so I thought your original comment was quite funny šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I'm sure Emily was probably on her way over to comfort him while Rachaele writes another 3000 words

Reactions: 5
At what point do you duck up being a parent so much that your first instinct is to film your upset child rather than comfort them? Do we think she was always destined to be a terrible parent or has the fame/money slowly taken over and turned her that way?
My husband would hit the roof with me if I was filming our crying child while he was leaving the house, does J know this isnā€™t right but puts up with it or is he also just a tit parent?
Honestly my mind is blown with this, how did we evolve to this level where people film the very people they are supposed to protect and post it for others to see šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I get the impression a lot of her more discerning followers donā€™t often watch the stories - I expect theyā€™re too busy actually parenting their own kids and working - and the grid posts and whatā€™s shared on FB is a bit more palatable. The lady who interviewed her the other day even said she doesnā€™t watch many of her stories (the fact they disappear after 24 hours works in her favour) so itā€™s possible a lot of her worst behaviour goes unnoticed.
I think there is also a certain type of follower buying into and trying to replicate the ā€œFmlā€ thing, they also seem desperate for attention from her as well so overlook a lot just for a šŸ’œ from that weirdo

Reactions: 11
At what point do you duck up being a parent so much that your first instinct is to film your upset child rather than comfort them? Do we think she was always destined to be a terrible parent or has the fame/money slowly taken over and turned her that way?
My husband would hit the roof with me if I was filming our crying child while he was leaving the house, does J know this isnā€™t right but puts up with it or is he also just a tit parent?
Honestly my mind is blown with this, how did we evolve to this level where people film the very people they are supposed to protect and post it for others to see šŸ™„
I think he's just as bad to be honest. When he's interacting with Wilbert he looks awkward, more like a childless uncle than the child's father. He never seems to put his foot down about the oversharing or leaving the toddler unsupervised all the time. Wasn't he supposedly in charge the day that Wilby licked a firelighter? I know accidents happen (my daughter rolled off the changing table at the paediatricians office once ) but altogether the picture they build up of what is going on in that house is indifference from both of the adults

Reactions: 22
I donā€™t actually think W was crying because his siblings were leaving, I think it was because he knew he was being left alone with Rachelieieo!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.