PTWM #58 The Diary of Rachel Hambleton, age 36 and 3/4: PayPal scams, Instagram and Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she’d better off applying to DIY SOS than ‘E!’ at the moment 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
But she definitely needs help.. help to remember where the PayPal and go fund me money went! And help to remember we are in the middle of a pandemic 😷

Reactions: 11
Thread suggestion:

Erratic behaviour over barking dogs, I'll still not show you the PayPal logs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
This dog thing.. is just another "lonely bean" "landing light" story. Zzzzzzzzz
Incoming ad......
Defo, she's not done one since the 16th so there's gotta be one due soon 😂

I can picture it now

“Edie hold that thought...stop talking..I need to put my phone down so I can record this...ready, steady..annnnnd perform”

if my sister had done this to my niece, my niece would get up and walk off if she can’t have a chat with her mum without a camera. These kids are so groomed to perform
they are, when they were in the car the other day and E was singing, once she saw the camera rolling she starting smirking and got louder. Wouldn't be so bad if it was just just for R's own personal albums but E knows it will go on the gram if she performs well.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I find it so sad that she has to film everything that happens in that house. Every conversation, every tantrum, every private thing going on in those kids lives. My heart breaks for all those kids, she’s screwed them up completely. I think the two older boys show maturity way beyond their years, they seem like amazing lads.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Its like when your at work... if your popular with the boss then you get "employee of month"
Except in Rs case, its whoever is popular with the huns they get promoted to favourite child.
And the sad thing is... all the kids know it too

Reactions: 18
Do you think in the future it will be illegal or along those lines to post footage of your children. It’s such a breech of their rights and wellbeing. I know that opens a whole can of worms/debates but imagine when all these Insta influencers kids are 18 plus .. how are they going to feel?!

Reactions: 17
Do you think in the future it will be illegal or along those lines to post footage of your children. It’s such a breech of their rights and wellbeing. I know that opens a whole can of worms/debates but imagine when all these Insta influencers kids are 18 plus .. how are they going to feel?!
I was thinking something similar to this the other day... not in regards to legalities etc but about what is ‘out there’ in their digital footprint before they even have a chance to decide for themselves.
As this is PTWM thread I’ll use it as an example but I’m sure there are others ...
just on tattle alone there are thousands of comments on Wilbys development/behaviour, what his parents let him get up to, how he’s just ‘left’, slobbed in front the tv...of course it’s only written here as it’s plastered all over the internet in the first place and people are entitled to opinions, but imagine being that little boy when he grows up. He’ll have so many questions, so much to read about himself, photos/videos/comments that he never agreed to be shared with the world... it’s not ‘ just’a few hundred thousand followers - an open profile and places like here etc can be read by literally any person in the world.
E for example, she’ll read about how she was a spoilt brat, played up to the camera etc ... and surely again will question why so many people have been ABLE to discuss her childhood.
I know the parents could quite easily say ‘trolls shouldn’t be saying this stuff’ - but the very fact that their life is so public and people DO comment on things, then surely you’d think... duck this, it’s really not worth it just for money...?
If I saw just one negative comment about my children, I’d be reevaluating my choices as to what I’d posted for all to see... I’d want to protect my child from seeing stuff like that (not to the point where I think they should grow up in cotton wool, but where I could protect them, I would.)

hopefully the point I’m trying to make comes across there, it’s a bit waffled

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I was thinking something similar to this the other day... not in regards to legalities etc but about what is ‘out there’ in their digital footprint before they even have a chance to decide for themselves.
As this is PTWM thread I’ll use it as an example but I’m sure there are others ...
just on tattle alone there are thousands of comments on Wilbys development/behaviour, what his parents let him get up to, how he’s just ‘left’, slobbed in front the tv...of course it’s only written here as it’s plastered all over the internet in the first place and people are entitled to opinions, but imagine being that little boy when he grows up. He’ll have so many questions, so much to read about himself, photos/videos/comments that he never agreed to be shared with the world... it’s not ‘ just’a few hundred thousand followers - an open profile and places like here etc can be read by literally any person in the world.
E for example, she’ll read about how she was a spoilt brat, played up to the camera etc ... and surely again will question why so many people have been ABLE to discuss her childhood.
I know the parents could quite easily say ‘trolls shouldn’t be saying this stuff’ - but the very fact that their life is so public and people DO comment on things, then surely you’d think... duck this, it’s really not worth it just for money...?
If I saw just one negative comment about my children, I’d be reevaluating my choices as to what I’d posted for all to see... I’d want to protect my child from seeing stuff like that (not to the point where I think they should grow up in cotton wool, but where I could protect them, I would.)

hopefully the point I’m trying to make comes across there, it’s a bit waffled
Rachel’s put a price on this, a price on selling your kids emotions for the rest of their childhood and beyond = all the chavvy sh1t she can get her hands on

Reactions: 12
Every new phenomenon starts out unregulated. It takes a while for our law makers/ politicians to catch up and negotiate terms with whoever starts up/ owns the rights to whatever the phenomenon is. Social media is coming up to its twentieth year and people like Mark Zuckerberg are finding themselves answerable for their platforms content more often than ever before.

Usually and I expect the issues over sharenting to be no different, something happens that becomes a catalyst for reform and regulation. No doubt at some point over the next few years a child will either get hurt or hurt themselves as a result of a parent oversharing. This will start a campaign (see something like #metoo etc,) others will start speaking up about what it’s like to live with their lives being a show, studies will be done, evidence that it’s harmful will be given and that will eventually propel stricter regulations. Most likely that the children have to have independent representation (a manager etc) and that licences will be required to make sure the child’s rights are adequately served.

Then as with everything, those that saw it coming will say ‘I knew that would happen,’ and those that actually engaged in the oversharing like Rachael, will blame everyone else for the damage, be relieved it wasn’t their child that got hurt and continue on their way, leaving the mess for others to clear up. Plus when people remind her that she sold up the kids for what she has, it will go in one ear and out the other, because if she and all the others did care about the consequences of what they do. They’d have already stopped doing it.

It will never be illegal as we do have freedom and autonomy in a democracy. Though, give it five years and regulations will appear for the actual child’s protection

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Quite frankly, I think it will take the death of a child of an influencer or celebrity to spark new social media legislation. Either due to neglect as a child or more likely from suicide as an adult trying to process their childhood.

• Sad
Maybe it could start with children who’s custody is shared, I feel for the others but there is one little girl who’s ups and downs of childhood is broadcasted and profiteered from - who has another loving parent. Surely things don’t sit right with him?

I have to say that I really feel for the other parent. I would imagine that a huge amount of tongue biting and appeasement has to go on for fear that access will be removed as it apparently was in the past.

• Heart
Rach is the stereotypical kids are weapons mum isnt she. I can imagine a lot of truths will come out when the little ones are no longer children and the parents dont have to keep her sweet for fear of being alienated or slagged off publicly

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Rach is the stereotypical kids are weapons mum isnt she. I can imagine a lot of truths will come out when the little ones are no longer children and the parents dont have to keep her sweet for fear of being alienated or slagged off publicly
Exactly this!!! She seems to think she has the upper hand on everyone. And I feel for anyone who has been directly affected by her behaviour, whether that be the children,ex partners and ex friends, even current friends and also immediate family. She has literally fucked over everyone she has come into contact with.
And she has the nerve to say they are all toxic, no rach, your the common denominator. Think about it!
She knows she's the manipulating one, but she really doesn't care. She's very selfish and narcissistic

Reactions: 14
There’s been a case in France where the child of an influencer successfully took the parent to court. Hopefully it’ll happen here soon.

One of the main things that keeps me interested in Rachael and the clan (other than ripping the piss out of PC Bird Ponce,) is just how on earth she exists in the present when her whole life is entrenched in her past. Everything she does and says in embedded in what previously happened to her.
I’m the total opposite you see, for instance my older kids Dads etc, I can barely remember the relationships, I just think of them as co parents. Like we have a job to do but that’s about it. She could really do with some CBT to let go of that bitterness

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.