PTWM #37 Babying Wilby to keep up the ads: Fathers Day’s expensive with that many dads!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Family relationships can be so complex and I always saw the way she wrote about her relationship with her mother as a kind of therapy for her. As someone who has complicated relationships with my own family, putting it all out there in the public domain is not something I would choose to do. However, I never saw the way she wrote about her mother as her shaming her, or having a dig, but I think she has been deeply damaged by her mum leaving the family when she was so young and then growing up in an environment where she didn't feel loved or nurtured. Whether you believe her account of her childhood after her mum left or not, I think its plain to see that it was a cataclysmic event which has shaped who she is today, and is not something she has fully recovered from as her relationship with her mother is still clearly not stable and a lot of R's behaviour suggests a need for approval/to be loved/to be the hero etc.

I do think it is lovely that T has such a good relationship with her though, and R clearly encourages that, regardless of whether they are speaking or not, because she knows how much it means to her.

I agree it probably shouldn't be used for content, for T's sake more than anything.
Personally I think that dwelling on the past is unhealthy for a person and the kids they parent.. You have to move on at some point. I get it, but she’s to old now to wallow. I would say feel it, just don’t put it on the blast if you don’t want people to ask questions 🤷‍♀️ She needs to hold back on some things.

Reactions: 9
Haha I was on Instagram and I was searching for a different person and I saw Betsy come up and had a nose, clicked through to Joyce’s page and I’m blocked 😂 don’t know if I have ever followed him or interacted on his page but Dominic blocked me from stories when I liked a negative comment on her grid 🤣 100% she does his account as I don’t know when I would have even looked on his page

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Personally I think that dwelling on the past is unhealthy for a person and the kids they parent.. You have to move on at some point. I get it, but she’s to old now to wallow. I would say feel it, just don’t put it on the blast if you don’t want people to ask questions 🤷‍♀️ She needs to hold back on some things.
Agree it shouldn't be for public consumption but I think the point is that she can't move on from it because the parent/child relationship is so central to everything you become as an adult. She's mentioned a few times that she has therapy/counselling so she is probably still working through it. For some people it can be resolved quite quickly and for others it can take a lifetime and for some they will never be able to move on.

Reactions: 5
Thanks guys 🥰🥰🥰 I had the other half of the interview, it went ok, not heard back though so I’m not hopeful.

I’m on Propanalol, which I find helps a bit day to day but not in extreme anxiety situations (interviews being pretty near the top of the anxiety ladder for me). I was also prescribed Sertraline but I struggled to give it a chance as it affected my sleep, which makes me feel worse. Must get back to the GP ASAP to see if I can try something different.

Thanks again all. Hopefully one day I’ll crack the TA interview and get a job 😏 I’ve been level 3 qualified for two years now 😭
Without sounding condescending, i'm really proud of you 💪🏻💕 i did the same a couple of weeks ago - zoom interview for a job that I really wanted. I spent weeks preparing and felt so confident right up until the video call connected then helloooo anxiety. I ballsed up massively and didn't get the position. It really upset me and I took it probably a little too personally but I know it's just another thing I need to work on with myself. I really hope you hear back soon and that it's good news 🤞🏻🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Without sounding condescending, i'm really proud of you 💪🏻💕 i did the same a couple of weeks ago - zoom interview for a job that I really wanted. I spent weeks preparing and felt so confident right up until the video call connected then helloooo anxiety. I ballsed up massively and didn't get the position. It really upset me and I took it probably a little too personally but I know it's just another thing I need to work on with myself. I really hope you hear back soon and that it's good news 🤞🏻🥰
Thank you so much xx

I heard back about an hour ago, sadly didn’t get either position (there were two TA roles advertised and I’d asked to be considered for both). I’m good on paper, I keep getting shortlisted, I just can’t interview 😒 it is hard not to take it personally when you give it your all. Fingers crossed you get another chance soon xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
So at 3.32 she woke up and took a picture.....Desperate!
Then Josh dreamed Rach had left him for another man, the dream was so real he ran out of the house at 4am looking for her..... Cries insecurity!
She really is clutching At straws.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I wonder how Edies dad feels about his vile ex uploading pics like this

Thank you so much xx

I heard back about an hour ago, sadly didn’t get either position (there were two TA roles advertised and I’d asked to be considered for both). I’m good on paper, I keep getting shortlisted, I just can’t interview 😒 it is hard not to take it personally when you give it your all. Fingers crossed you get another chance soon xx
I'm sorry it wasn't the news you hoped for xx

Reactions: 3
I just creeped the living daylights out of Joyce's insta.... And her comments are so passive aggressive.. Unless it's all about her she is a nasty we witch

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Thank you so much xx

sorry it wasn’t the news you wanted, I hope you can be proud of yourself for actually taking the calls though as I’m not sure I could have done that. For some reason calls are more daunting than in person interview to me. Sending you wine and chocolates to cheer you up 🍷 🍫

Reactions: 9
Thank you so much xx

So sorry it didn't work out this time. But dont let it knock you back. You did amazing today..twice! Be proud of yourself. Sending lots of love 🤗

Reactions: 7
Agree it shouldn't be for public consumption but I think the point is that she can't move on from it because the parent/child relationship is so central to everything you become as an adult. She's mentioned a few times that she has therapy/counselling so she is probably still working through it. For some people it can be resolved quite quickly and for others it can take a lifetime and for some they will never be able to move on.
Fair enough. My POV is if you dwell on the bad things in relationships you never move on. As far as I’m aware she wasn’t physically or otherwise abused. She was looked after financially and most of her troubles are emotional. She should work that out for the kids. CBT and DBT can work wonders if you are willing to engage. I actually mean that from a good place. If she was my friend I’d say the same thing

• Heart
Thank you so much xx

Did you ask for feedback? If not, maybe email the head and ask for some. Any feedback should be postiviely focussed and will be helpful for the future (apologies if you did get feedback). Don't give up

Reactions: 10
Thank you so much xx

Oh Lucy, I’m sorry to hear this. You did so well to get as far as you did.

The hen house post was really not nice, sounded like she was taking the p*** out of the lady 🙁

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.