PTWM #30 Upsetting Lula, exposing Betsy; she’d sell the Messiah for free tat from Etsy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 128795im just reading this back and honestly that opening paragraph might be my favourite of all her work
Again, perhaps it’s me, but why would a midwife be doing a heart bypass?

And yes I accept a c-section is a major operation but new mums remain under midwife care and then health visitor; they have a safety net. A heart bypass is a slightly more serious op.

Rach at least do like for like comparisons love 👍🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She had a planned c section, did she not? Now forgive me if I'm wrong but from what I've heard they are much calmer than an emergency one and sometimes recovery can be easier due to this. I had an emergency c section, I literally could not lift my baby and I stayed in hospital for a week. I was in agony and it's not really that big of an incision. She will give expectant mums nightmares with her description of a c section ffs.
That was my experience; I’ve had both. Second (planned) was a dream, first (emergency) was traumatic af. She would put the fear of god into pregnant women. She’s talking like a samurai cut her in half or something. Yes, it’s major abdominal surgery and people have different experiences, but they are also very common. Women have them everyday all around the world.

Reactions: 16
And she posted this bullshit the same day she was dancing with Tallulah and Wilbert on TikTok. In horrific pain, my arse.

And only Rachel bleeping Hambleton could compare a heart bypass with a bleeping straightforward c-section and make out she’s worse off. What a bleeping deluded self-obsessed, hero/victim twit.
And also I'm pretty sure they dont do heart bypass surgery in a maternity unit or am u missing something? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Again, perhaps it’s me, but why would a midwife be doing a heart bypass?

And yes I accept a c-section is a major operation but new mums remain under midwife care and then health visitor; they have a safety net. A heart bypass is a slightly more serious op.

Rach at least do like for like comparisons love 👍🏼
This!! A midwife mentioned a heart bypass surgery?! Wtf?! I dont use her hospital but I'm not far from her, and our midwife unit is separate to the hospital, yet on the same grounds. They wouldn't know anything about surgery in the main hospital.

Reactions: 18
This!! A midwife mentioned a heart bypass surgery?! Wtf?! I dont use her hospital but I'm not far from her, and our midwife unit is separate to the hospital, yet on the same grounds. They wouldn't know anything about surgery in the main hospital.
I expect the surgeon who carried out the heart bypass told the midwife to let Queen Rachel know that the surgery was inferior to her c-section. He would have visited in person but he was too busy sobbing uncontrollably at the thought of this poor woman being sent home to fend for herself having been horrifically sliced in two.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
She just assumed all theatre staff present in c-sections are midwives. Operating Department Practitioners are also present and they work in all areas were surgery is carried out, most people outside the NHS/hospitals don’t know they exist and just make the assumption they are nurses. Highly trained and very skilled but not nurses.

Also, can’t believe that Tattle is now providing her with ideas for content, it’s so obvious that she reads here.

Reactions: 9
She just assumed all theatre staff present in c-sections are midwives. Operating Department Practitioners are also present and they work in all areas were surgery is carried out, most people outside the NHS/hospitals don’t know they exist and just make the assumption they are nurses. Highly trained and very skilled but not nurses.

Also, can’t believe that Tattle is now providing her with ideas for content, it’s so obvious that she reads here.
Ah yeah hadnt thought of it like that. I had a lovely male doctor for mine, then last minute some women who went by 'Mrs' not doctor, did it. She didn't even speak to me lol, she was clearly high ranking and she did a good job 😂

Reactions: 5
Ah yeah hadnt thought of it like that. I had a lovely male doctor for mine, then last minute some women who went by 'Mrs' not doctor, did it. She didn't even speak to me lol, she was clearly high ranking and she did a good job 😂
She was most likely a consultant-most consultants go by Mr/Mrs and generally don’t use Dr.
ODPs I mentioned before only work in operating theatres and ICU. They are specially trained in anaesthetics, surgery and recovery so can only work in specific areas.
Midwives are always present during deliveries however babies are born but an operating theatre contains a real mix of staff. Consultants/Drs perform the c-sections but other staff are there too.

Reactions: 6
Male for my first women for my 2nd csection. Both consultants and not midwifes

Reactions: 2
She was most likely a consultant-most consultants go by Mr/Mrs and generally don’t use Dr.
ODPs I mentioned before only work in operating theatres and ICU. They are specially trained in anaesthetics, surgery and recovery so can only work in those 2 specific areas.
I asked them to take the sheet down so I could watch and she said no 😭😭 hahaha. I was so out of it, I just remember them doing something after he was born and they said 'it will feel like I'm washing the dishes'. Spot on, it was literally like that.

I asked them to take the sheet down so I could watch and she said no 😭😭 hahaha. I was so out of it, I just remember them doing something after he was born and they said 'it will feel like I'm washing the dishes'. Spot on, it was literally like that.
Yup, that’s what they tell all the ladies- I’ve never had one so couldn’t compare but all ladies agreed that’s what it felt like and was a great way to describe the feeling.

Reactions: 1
Yup, that’s what they tell all the ladies- I’ve never had one so couldn’t compare but all ladies agreed that’s what it felt like and was a great way to describe the feeling.
A rummaging feeling strangest feeling in the world. Half my tummy is still numb

Reactions: 3
Iv also had both emergency/elective. They told me it was like someone rummaging around in a handbag 😂 it felt exactly like that, most weird and surreal feeling in the world!

• Haha
That is exactly what it’s like. Very surreal. I was asleep the first time around, so didn’t get to experience it fully until my second baby.

Iv also had both emergency/elective. They told me it was like someone rummaging around in a handbag 😂 it felt exactly like that, most weird and surreal feeling in the world!
When they said 'it's like washing the dishes in your stomach' I apparently responded with 'there are some dirty dishes in there' 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I'd had so much gas an air I was off my face.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When they said 'it's like washing the dishes in your stomach' I apparently responded with 'there are some dirty dishes in there' 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I'd had so much gas an air I was off my face.
😂😂😂 Omg, the wonders of gas and air!!

• Haha
I mean, my sister in law is a midwife, prior to doing her conversion to midwifery she was a theatre nurse, so yes, a midwife MAY have previous experience in another nursing field (but many go directly into midwifery). However, while working on the maternity unit, she wouldn't know jack tit about what was going on elsewhere in the hospital at any particular time. Brenda Bullshitter again.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.