PTWM #118 Shelley says Rach is a lying so and so, pass it on

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think what she did to Seb was awful and showed her to be completely self-serving, uncaring and spiteful, but I don’t think it’s a social services worthy event.

Reactions: 10
We work with children until they turn 18 so yeah Seb could still get support
See I have literally no experience with the services and I was saying to my Husband last night that it’s mad that you can you legally become a parent at 16, yet still be classed as a child by the government. Our laws are so outdated, they conflict everywhere.

Reactions: 13
An open case is called a Contact

I'd just write the first name in a letter like that, and if sending on behalf of a team like MASH I wouldn't sign it or put my name.
We don't tend to put reference numbers on our letters like that so not sure why they'd leave it empty if they do.
They only time I'd fold a letter in half is if I was sending loads of paper so it's a thicker pile
I don’t know about your local authority but most are on a computerised system and these letters are a template thats auto filled with case reference, names and addressess. This is done so there is a chronology of what’s been sent and received and to who/from.
the more I’ve looked at it the more I’m not convinced It’s genuine. We used to scramble around for pens, I doubt there’s a local authority sendingclosure letters out in more expensive envelopes that would allow a letter to be halved not quartered, most wouldnt Bother with one if they could get away with ir for cost saving😂
My guess is she’s had these letters before and has made her own for this occasion to put people off reporting further thinking it’s already been dealt with

Reactions: 13
A couple of years ago my oldest had a breakdown. He was 18 at the time, he’d tried to kill himself and we had police helicopters, fire brigade, police and ambulance services all involved in rescuing him. Police searched his room for clues as to where he might be abs they found razor blades etc as he was self harming. The police told us that as we had younger children, they would have to report it to social services but would fully explain the situation. A week or so later, we got a phone call from social services saying that they had received the report but were not taking it any further, however it remains on my children’s files and we get asked about it if there is a hospital visit, or at my youngest’s 30 month check up. In all this time, we have never received a letter. Just a phone call telling us what was going to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
A couple of years ago my oldest had a breakdown. He was 18 at the time, he’d tried to kill himself and we had police helicopters, fire brigade, police and ambulance services all involved in rescuing him. Police searched his room for clues as to where he might be abs they found razor blades etc as he was self harming. The police told us that as we had younger children, they would have to report it to social services but would fully explain the situation. A week or so later, we got a phone call from social services saying that they had received the report but were not taking it any further, however it remains on my children’s files and we get asked about it if there is a hospital visit, or at my youngest’s 30 month check up. In all this time, we have never received a letter. Just a phone call telling us what was going to happen.
I hope that all the issues surrounding your childs breakdown are now behind you and your son is on a healthy recovery path.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t know about your local authority but most are on a computerised system and these letters are a template thats auto filled with case reference, names and addressess. This is done so there is a chronology of what’s been sent and received and to who/from.
the more I’ve looked at it the more I’m not convinced It’s genuine. We used to scramble around for pens, I doubt there’s a local authority sendingclosure letters out in more expensive envelopes that would allow a letter to be halved not quartered, most wouldnt Bother with one if they could get away with ir for cost saving😂
My guess is she’s had these letters before and has made her own for this occasion to put people off reporting further thinking it’s already been dealt with
Our system has a letters function but it's never worked very well so we have to write letters on Word then upload to the system!
Since Covid we're trying to email stuff rather than post as it's more practical when we're not always in an office

Reactions: 2
Why is there no reference/case number on that letter? Is it the case to leave it blank when sending a "closed case" letter?
I've just looked at other letters I've had from Torbay Council (other departments in the same building) and they don't have a ref number. They do come signed from an actual person, rather than a department though. However, they are folded in half rather than thirds!

Reactions: 2
Nothing to do with current happenings.. but I'm thinking we need to think of a 'good' title for the next thread.
Wasn't there a phrase or something that could really do with being it up for the Google searches?.
Ignore me if I'm wrong lol
Eta- not that out titles are 'good' or hilarious mostly but the more people who see them for what they are, the better.

Reactions: 7
See I have literally no experience with the services and I was saying to my Husband last night that it’s mad that you can you legally become a parent at 16, yet still be classed as a child by the government. Our laws are so outdated, they conflict everywhere.
Would a child who was pregnant at 15/16 have some (even if low level) social service welfare checks though?

I don’t think this was worth social service involvement but I really wish there was a way to get through to these thick women how inappropriate and damaging these posts about her children are.

Reactions: 6
Title suggestion:
Patchwork store filled with tat. Exploiting kids? Rach has done that!

Reactions: 27
The patchwork store, full of shein crap, when will the huns realise it’s just full of tat

Reactions: 17
Thread suggestion:

Racheale really loves to lie. Ffs people, she's not as nice as pie!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.