PTWM #101 PayPal money is all long gone. Time to fleece the Huns with a Patreon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘Don’t call me unless it’s an emergency’

What???

My kids are more than old enough to look after themselves while we go out for a meal. But I still always leave with a ‘give us a ring if you need anything, we’re only x mins away’

Reactions: 23
I am glad I asked now as you are all on the same page as me. I’m always wary about asking about parenting as I do understand that everyone is different, but clearly we’ve all got the same practices over every day things.

Yesterday I read some of the comments under her post of Seb. There were numerous followers saying that their kids were also always in trouble at school. Some even blaming school for being to strict or petty. I felt really sad as it shouldn’t be like that. Teachers don’t discipline kids for fun. It takes time out of their day that could be spent on the kids that do behave and want to learn. But these huns seemed to think it was all funny. All Rachael said was basically it didn’t matter about school because Seb was kind etc (usual tit.) But it does matter. It matters to all the other disrupted kids, just trying to get through the day with no problems.

When you look at this family, you see Seb going nowhere with his education, he’s nearly 16 and it’s not funny to act so immaturely. Betsy lying in bed at 17 sleeping off another night drinking. Lula bouncing around chaotically from school to school with nails, piercings and bleached hair at 12 years old and a desire to be noticed at all costs. Wibble going through God knows what and absent Issac. Little Edie standing there holding the best hope of normality.

They are the problem. Rachael, Josh and everyone like them. When the majority of us are trying to get it right, they revel in getting it wrong without shame or concern to how much it costs us as a country and how many other kids are missing out because theirs are problematic. Then there she is again, reiterating what I think and am annoyed about by ignoring those calls. Really burns my brain.
I also really try not to be the "judgy Mum". My kids are still young, but I know that teenagers are hard work (thanks to the Godchildren and niece) and I wouldn't ever want to make someone feel bad because their kids are going through a bit of a rough time. However, we know right from wrong and if your kids are not toeing the line then it's your job to get them back on track. And believe me - I've had conversations with my extended brood to get them in the right lane and know my tribe would do the same with mine if necessary. On the other hand - my SIL has 4 kids who are all challenging. She is empowered by her mates who share the same narrative that its kind of funny if they are in isolation / have to attend a behavioural unit instead of school and also this victim mentality that the teachers have it out for them. Its sad because they make it normal when surely...it can't be normal! And I am not a perfect Mum - far from it - and I actually really appreciate the influencers who show that sometimes we don't always have our tit together but...there is a line between being as bit rubbish with remembering the PTA events and this.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
flipping heck her poor kids. i’m the same as you guys… i’m constantly on the phone to my mum. i text my mum to tell her i’m going out more than what i do my oh and i live with him. there’s just something about your mum♥

Reactions: 7
Wouldn't be surprised if she paid for bots for her private account as she knows the numbers are public and wants to bump them up.

Reactions: 7
It’s funny that she appears to think people are bothered by her ADs, yet we are all on here chatting about how concerning her parenting skills are.

I think it’s such a shame that the part of influencing that really matters. Like your values and beliefs or how you conduct yourself in society as Woman and Mother, your hobbies, music, art and all those really crucial elements of life, is really not as important to her as how people react to her crappy crappy ADs.

Classless fool 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Why would people panic at the beginning of October, duck me Halloween isn't even out the way yet.

and my kids could be 45 years old and me be in the middle of something really important and if they needed me right that second I would answer that damn phone!! Because there will come a time rach where they just won't even bother speaking to u at all because they will think 'why bother?' And u will be that lonely bitter old lady in your window seat at the age of 80 wondering why none of your kids or grandkids visit u!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Help me out here. Do any of you say things like this to your kids? “Don’t call unless it’s an emergency,” because you are out? Only because I can’t do that. Even with the adult ones. I’m always on available. I always have been.

Today I went out supposedly for 2.5 hours and my teen was at home as he had nothing to do, I felt terrible after 90 minutes and came home. I don’t know how she thinks she has separation anxiety? She really doesn’t 🤦🏻‍♀️
@FridaK you are going to be like my Mam, I’m 43 married with 2 kids and when go away on holiday I have to ring her so she knows we got there safe. If I leave her house when it’s dark I have to ring when I’m home and she rings me and my sisters (30 seconds on the phone🙈) twice a day just to make sure we are ok and our kids are ok. 😂😂😂 But we wouldn’t change her for the world.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My my kids were young and we were in a night out they would never phone as they were with a responsible adult and if emergency the adult would phone !?!?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think it's hilarious her hashtag "I paid", not we paid. Bet she loves rubbing Sloshy's nose in it - I PAY FOR EVERYTHING!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I also really try not to be the "judgy Mum". My kids are still young, but I know that teenagers are hard work (thanks to the Godchildren and niece) and I wouldn't ever want to make someone feel bad because their kids are going through a bit of a rough time. However, we know right from wrong and if your kids are not toeing the line then it's your job to get them back on track. And believe me - I've had conversations with my extended brood to get them in the right lane and know my tribe would do the same with mine if necessary. On the other hand - my SIL has 4 kids who are all challenging. She is empowered by her mates who share the same narrative that its kind of funny if they are in isolation / have to attend a behavioural unit instead of school and also this victim mentality that the teachers have it out for them. Its sad because they make it normal when surely...it can't be normal! And I am not a perfect Mum - far from it - and I actually really appreciate the influencers who show that sometimes we don't always have our tit together but...there is a line between being as bit rubbish with remembering the PTA events and this.
I 100% agree with you, I also disagree it all needs to be played out on Instagram.

Reactions: 1
I don't watch much of her dire content these days, does she not hang out with Nina anymore? And what about Jordan? She never seems to stick with the same people for long.

Reactions: 10
Making out on the ad she’s bought the first two Xmas presents at Tesco but a few weeks ago she was telling us she’d bought Edie that sweet shop on the “hall” that was getting out away for Christmas.

Reactions: 13
The new Patreon won’t be a great success

Either she will get fed up of it first and stop posting ( like the YouTube channel)
Her followers will need the subscription money towards Christmas/food/heating and unsubscribe
Her followers will get fed up and unsubscribe

PS how desperate is she at the moment, Patreon newly up and running and guess what ? Her and Josh doing a live on a Friday night, no hotel booking this weekend then?
It will last longer than YouTube because she is getting the money upfront. YouTube was too much effort, she thought she would get 10k subs straight away and start making cash but she has nothing to offer and her FB/IG followers didn’t translate to YouTube.

Reactions: 6
@FridaK you are going to be like my Mam, I’m 43 married with 2 kids and when go away on holiday I have to ring her so she knows we got there safe. If I leave her house when it’s dark I have to ring when I’m home and she rings me and my sisters (30 seconds on the phone🙈) twice a day just to make sure we are ok and our kids are ok. 😂😂😂 But we wouldn’t change her for the world.
I already am. My middle son thinks I’m psychic. The elder one is a little difficult to keep tabs on. Though he’s in the safest hands, so I’m good with that. My youngest is going nowhere until University. I’m even clingy to the pets. I’m completely unreasonable, but if I changed in any way they would hate it 😂.

Funnily enough though, I’m the total opposite with my Husband. We are so laid back it’s ridiculous. He works long hours, we barely even text.I like that though because when he gets home we have lots to talk about and do. It works well for us. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Help me out here. Do any of you say things like this to your kids? “Don’t call unless it’s an emergency,” because you are out? Only because I can’t do that. Even with the adult ones. I’m always on available. I always have been.

Today I went out supposedly for 2.5 hours and my teen was at home as he had nothing to do, I felt terrible after 90 minutes and came home. I don’t know how she thinks she has separation anxiety? She really doesn’t 🤦🏻‍♀️
OK I’m from a big family. Those kids are on a total wind up, we’d have found that hilarious!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am 29 years old, I moved out of my parents house six years ago and even now my mum would never say to me “don’t call me unless it’s an emergency.”
Those poor kids :confused:

Reactions: 9
I would never ever say to my kids don’t call unless it’s an emergency. When I say my kids they are all adults 🙈 and all still stay at home. They are all lads and are 26,25,22 I’m that mum that can’t sleep until I know they are home safe hence being awake till 4.10 this morning when the youngest got in from a club and do you know what I wouldn’t have it any other way.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.