Psoriasis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve tried this but mine is mostly facial and scalp psoriasis and I ended up with a raging ear infection from trying to wash the enstilar out my hair 😩 it’s meant to be amazing for the rest of the body though.

I’m 3 months into methotrexate and no change so far :-(
How are you finding it otherwise? My brother is on this for his eczema (his is more severe than mine)

How are you finding it otherwise? My brother is on this for his eczema (his is more severe than mine)
Apart from no change in my skin it’s been fine. I’ve been very lucky to not have any side effects. Which I’m gutted about because it would’ve been perfect had it of made any changes to my skin! I’m due a review in the next week or two so I’ll see what the next step is hopefully.

Apart from no change in my skin it’s been fine. I’ve been very lucky to not have any side effects. Which I’m gutted about because it would’ve been perfect had it of made any changes to my skin! I’m due a review in the next week or two so I’ll see what the next step is hopefully.
thank you, good luck with your review! I know how annoying it is to get your hopes up on something and it doesn’t work ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hello, just come across this thread. Sorry if this has been mentioned before but there is a book by Dr John Pagano called Healing Psoriasis. I suffered from terrible psoriasis all over my body about 5 years ago. I used steroid creams and had uv therapy but as soon as I stopped it always came back.

I read Dr Paganos book, followed his diet and used the supplements he suggested and my psoriasis was gone in about 2-3 months.

A few pointers: The diet he recommends is extremely restrictive but it works. He also recommends colonics and chiropractors which I didn't use so not sure if this would have sped up the process or not. And finally the book is very dull but I would have done anything to get rid.

Any flare ups now are minimal and I can easily get them under control by following the diet again.

I’ve tried this but mine is mostly facial and scalp psoriasis and I ended up with a raging ear infection from trying to wash the enstilar out my hair 😩 it’s meant to be amazing for the rest of the body though.

I’m 3 months into methotrexate and no change so far :-(
I too have psa and scalp psoriasis plus other issues, been on methotrexate for 4 years......it’s helped me so much.
All dose changes including starting it initially take 3 months to kick in....,how are you finding it now?

Mine just flares with stress so im fortunate its not all the time but when i do get a bout then i also use ginger shampoo from body shop and aveeno oatmeal bodywash and aveeno dermexa cream after shower. The cream doesn’t smell to nice but it doesn’t last as a scent on the skin and it works brilliant for me.

I too have psa and scalp psoriasis plus other issues, been on methotrexate for 4 years......it’s helped me so much.
All dose changes including starting it initially take 3 months to kick in....,how are you finding it now?
It hasn’t helped at all. They’ve switched my over to injections as they think I might not be absorbing it orally due to another medical condition I have! They’ve had to move me down to 10mg to start with. I don’t have much hope to be honest with you!

The next step is Biologics which is kind of annoying since I’ve had no side effects taking MTX :-(

I have a type of eczema called Pomphylox (Greek word for bubbles) - or more commonly dyshidrotic eczema. It affects the hands and soles of the feet. It looks awful - little bubbles beneath the skin. It all peels and can be really sore.

I actually only get in on my right foot now but I was prescribed Diprosalic cream, which always clears it up quickly. Thank goodness. I never want to be without this cream.

It is good for scaly type of eczema and unlike some steroids does not thin the skin.

I just put this in here as no one else has mentioned it. It may be useful for someone.

Reactions: 2
I have a type of eczema called Pomphylox (Greek word for bubbles) - or more commonly dyshidrotic eczema. It affects the hands and soles of the feet. It looks awful - little bubbles beneath the skin. It all peels and can be really sore.

I just put this in here as no one else has mentioned it. It may be useful for someone.
Thank you. I used to have this type of eczema a lot on my feet when I was little. It was awful. Haven’t had it in years and about 3 months ago it cropped up on my finger. I’ve been keeping it moisturised and trying not to scratch. If it gets worse I’ll try and get some of that stuff. I dread it spreading.

• Sad
Thank you. I used to have this type of eczema a lot on my feet when I was little. It was awful. Haven’t had it in years and about 3 months ago it cropped up on my finger. I’ve been keeping it moisturised and trying not to scratch. If it gets worse I’ll try and get some of that stuff. I dread it spreading.
At least you've got an option if it gets worse. The doctor told me that this type of eczema is hard to diagnose and to treat. He was quite excited about it and showed me pictures from his text book.

At least you've got an option if it gets worse. The doctor told me that this type of eczema is hard to diagnose and to treat. He was quite excited about it and showed me pictures from his text book.
How strange as when you look at it it’s clear that there is a bubble under the skin. I guess by the time someone has gone to the doctor it’s gone from the bubbles to the skin cracking and starting to peel. It looks so innocuous to begin with and then...

How strange as when you look at it it’s clear that there is a bubble under the skin. I guess by the time someone has gone to the doctor it’s gone from the bubbles to the skin cracking and starting to peel. It looks so innocuous to begin with and then...
Yes exactly. At the bubbles stage it's reasonably obvious what it is - if you have a clued up GP. Once it goes past that stage it resembles any other type of skin disease. I did go at the bubbles stage as it looked weird to me and was very itchy.

It hasn’t helped at all. They’ve switched my over to injections as they think I might not be absorbing it orally due to another medical condition I have! They’ve had to move me down to 10mg to start with. I don’t have much hope to be honest with you!

The next step is Biologics which is kind of annoying since I’ve had no side effects taking MTX :-(
Oh no, that’s such a shame. I hope the injections help!

I actually only get in on my right foot now but I was prescribed Diprosalic cream, which always clears it up quickly. Thank goodness. I never want to be without this cream.

It is good for scaly type of eczema and unlike some steroids does not thin the skin.

Ugh. I've had this in the past. Feet and hsnds! So sore. I currently have a small patch of psoriasis trying to start again on my leg but seem to be controlling it so far. Elbows still clear! I find this really crazy after decades of it there. I can only assume Vit D is working.

I suffer awfully and i’ve found other than prescription creams, vaseline aloe vera works wonders! It’s so soothing and doesn’t irritate my skin at all. Always feel so much better after using it!!

I suffer awfully and i’ve found other than prescription creams, vaseline aloe vera works wonders! It’s so soothing and doesn’t irritate my skin at all. Always feel so much better after using it!!
Thanks for the recommendation

I had awful psoriasis as a child, from about age 6 my hands and feet were absolutely covered in it, it was painful to walk or use my hands and it massively affected my confidence. I had steroid treatment for year, like some of you I was bandaged up every night and I had the UV treatment twice a week for a couple of years and was forever in Oilatum baths. I was actually hospitalised for a month when I was 9 and had intensive treatment every day which was horrible but it definitely helped. When I was about 12 i gave up eating meat and it all just cleared up, I have no idea if this was a coincidence or related but I eat meat now and I'm mostly psoriasis free still. I only very occasionally get a bit on one finger now than both hands and feet being covered in it which is a huge relief. Sending lots of love to all of you who suffer with it now, it's a really horrible condition that really does affect your life, I hope you all find thing that help.

Reactions: 7
I’m really glad I found this thread..
I have had it since I was 17 I’m 23 now. I ditched steroid cream after the first two years- I had to constantly reapply them otherwise it would get worse, and it the areas it did heal it discoloured my skin. Since then I’ve use all natural moisturisers. I had a brief period where emu oil (I know.. I have tried everything and it’s gotten strange haha) almost got rid of it completely for a couple weeks. Idk what it was because it reappeared after that. Anyway I have smaller patches on my head around around my body but large patches on my ankles, elbows and knees for the last 5 years. I stopped drinking a week ago and I’m going to keep that up for a month and see how it helps. Sending love to everyone here and I’m sorry if any of you feel as tit as I do about it.. I hate meeting new people if my arms or legs are out because I feel ashamed. So silly I know:(

Oh my gosh. This is what I have on my foot and it's been bad for around 6 years now. I suffer with psoriasis so the GP always says its that... quick google and this is exactly what it is.

Oh my gosh. This is what I have on my foot and it's been bad for around 6 years now. I suffer with psoriasis so the GP always says its that... quick google and this is exactly what it is.
I'm glad you've found out what it is exactly. My GP became quite excited when he saw my foot. He even brought out his text book to show me pictures. Apparently it's hard to get an accurate diagnosis. Hopefully, the cream I mentioned will sort you out too.