Psoriasis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t blame him in the slightest. Whenever we visit my boyfriends family, I don’t want to come home 😭

I was on Sertraline for about a year and a half, but didn’t see any effect on my eczema when I came off it. I do want to try LED light therapy, but to be honest whenever I go to the doctors they just throw steroid creams at me and tell me to manage it. I’m too shy to ask for anything else :/

Do you guys find drinking water regularly helps? Like 2 litres a day? I’m starting to do it, but haven’t noticed a difference yet :)
Unfortunately you basically like most thinks have to fight for a referral to a dermatologist to get light treatment. I’ve used steroid cream but I’m trying to avoid it now. The water thing I’m not sure as in theory yep but think it just takes a long time to see a difference. There is defo triggers from diet too and sometimes things you don’t expect.

I second this. Eumovate is the only thing that actually works for me, even the over the counter one. That cream is like magic. Everything else only works for a short time.
I’ve tried eumovate via my Gp it does seem to help, I have to be really careful using it eg using gloves I got some on my face last year and it caused some kind of allergic reaction.

I have it. And awaiting a diagnosis is psoriatic arthritis. I’m sick to death of it. I’m due to start a strong medication which should hopefully get rid.

also I’ve noticed a few of you mentioning it under breasts. Try Trimovate! It’s amazing for that area.

I have it. And awaiting a diagnosis is psoriatic arthritis. I’m sick to death of it. I’m due to start a strong medication which should hopefully get rid.

also I’ve noticed a few of you mentioning it under breasts. Try Trimovate! It’s amazing for that area.
I have psoriatic arthritis. Started when I was 22 and took 2 years to be diagnosed. Do you know what meds?

Reactions: 1
Have you guys heard of “no moisture therapy”, it’s basically when you ditch all steroid and moisturisers, so that your body will start producing its own moisture. I’ve read a lot about it on Reddit and online (I’ll attach some articles), but honestly I’m too scared to try it...

Have you guys heard of “no moisture therapy”, it’s basically when you ditch all steroid and moisturisers, so that your body will start producing its own moisture. I’ve read a lot about it on Reddit and online (I’ll attach some articles), but honestly I’m too scared to try it...

I follow a girl called Steph on Instagram who has eczema and she's done this but I feel so sorry for her. She's in a living hell right now while her skin recovers. She hasn't even been able to have a bath in 400 days, 1 shower a week. She is so determined to see it through though and I have nothing but admiration for her.

I follow a girl called Steph on Instagram who has eczema and she's done this but I feel so sorry for her. She's in a living hell right now while her skin recovers. She hasn't even been able to have a bath in 400 days, 1 shower a week. She is so determined to see it through though and I have nothing but admiration for her.
Oh wow! Would you mind telling me her Instagram please? I’d love to follow the journey

I was wondering if anyone could help. I’m trying to withdraw from steroid creams and never use them myself. But I’m just so confused on what is a steroid cream. I mostly use zerobase, is that a steroid cream?

I use eumovate too sometimes but I think that has steroid in? Is it best to switch to hydromol?

Thanks in advance xx

I was wondering if anyone could help. I’m trying to withdraw from steroid creams and never use them myself. But I’m just so confused on what is a steroid cream. I mostly use zerobase, is that a steroid cream?

I use eumovate too sometimes but I think that has steroid in? Is it best to switch to hydromol?

Thanks in advance xx
Yeah it does contain an anti-inflammatory steroid. I’ve avoided them my whole life, then gave in and had them a few years ago, it’s defo done much skin damage. Are you under a doctor for it?

Yeah it does contain an anti-inflammatory steroid. I’ve avoided them my whole life, then gave in and had them a few years ago, it’s defo done much skin damage. Are you under a doctor for it?
Yeah, I’m going to try and avoid all steroid creams now but I had no clue zerobase had steroids in 😭

My doctor usually gives me that. I might try and switch to aveeno, since I’m certain that has no steroids and it’s much better.

Thank you x

Yeah, I’m going to try and avoid all steroid creams now but I had no clue zerobase had steroids in 😭

My doctor usually gives me that. I might try and switch to aveeno, since I’m certain that has no steroids and it’s much better.

Thank you x
Oh man I didn’t know that about Zerobase! Whilst it’s winter and we are in lockdown .. again. I’m going to speak to my doctor about coal tar.

Oh man I didn’t know that about Zerobase! Whilst it’s winter and we are in lockdown .. again. I’m going to speak to my doctor about coal tar.
Oh sorry do you mean zerobase or eumovate? I think eumovate does but I’m not sure about zerobase (I really hope not).

I had some scalp itchiness and dryness, I used coal tar (specifically neutrogena t gel) and it helped :)

Oh sorry do you mean zerobase or eumovate? I think eumovate does but I’m not sure about zerobase (I really hope not).

I had some scalp itchiness and dryness, I used coal tar (specifically neutrogena t gel) and it helped :)
I meant eumovate. I’ve had it prescribed topically it’s very effective but you can’t use it in the summer and it’s a faff.

I’ve tried eumovate via my Gp it does seem to help, I have to be really careful using it eg using gloves I got some on my face last year and it caused some kind of allergic reaction.
Wow really? Just shows you how unique everyone's skin is. I always found it to be gentle. That's the only thing that doesn't make me more itchy.
I have eczema and psoriasis. It makes you feel horrible doesn't it. I have chunks of hair missing & can't wear my wedding ring because my hands are too sore. I don't know if anyone else feels like this but now I just think what's the point in doing anything to make myself look or feel nice when I'm so itchy, red, swollen & flaking 😂

• Heart
Wow really? Just shows you how unique everyone's skin is. I always found it to be gentle. That's the only thing that doesn't make me more itchy.
I have eczema and psoriasis. It makes you feel horrible doesn't it. I have chunks of hair missing & can't wear my wedding ring because my hands are too sore. I don't know if anyone else feels like this but now I just think what's the point in doing anything to make myself look or feel nice when I'm so itchy, red, swollen & flaking 😂
That’s awful, I’ve got so used to it basically only being on my elbows and now it’s back it’s really made me miserable. Not that I’m going anywhere or putting a bikini on anytime soon but the itching is literally driving me up the wall. 🙄
And yeah it made all my skin flake off my face (healthy none psoriasis skin I panicked I have developed dermatitis)

Have a patch on my elbow and when l go through stress it flares up in other areas.
I've been prescribed steroid creams and cold tar treatments but not with great results, as they can irritate the rest of my skin. Was also offered light therapy during a particularly bad flare up.

One thing l have found amazing though is Childs Farm lotion, its recommended by dermatologists and is gentle enough to use even on baby skin*

Its around £5.00 in Boots and is incredible at clearing up my skin, l used it twice a day for a month and was confident enough to wear a bikini on holiday as it had cleared up my skin that much, l always used to cover up as l was so self conscious of my psoriasis.
As far as l know they do shampoo too but haven't tried that so can't really comment.

*Believe me l'm so cynical about anyone professing their love about how amazing various creams are but honestly it worked for me. Hope it helps you too.

Have a patch on my elbow and when l go through stress it flares up in other areas.
I've been prescribed steroid creams and cold tar treatments but not with great results, as they can irritate the rest of my skin. Was also offered light therapy during a particularly bad flare up.

One thing l have found amazing though is Childs Farm lotion, its recommended by dermatologists and is gentle enough to use even on baby skin*

Its around £5.00 in Boots and is incredible at clearing up my skin, l used it twice a day for a month and was confident enough to wear a bikini on holiday as it had cleared up my skin that much, l always used to cover up as l was so self conscious of my psoriasis.
As far as l know they do shampoo too but haven't tried that so can't really comment.

*Believe me l'm so cynical about anyone professing their love about how amazing various creams are but honestly it worked for me. Hope it helps you too.
Sadly childs farm didn’t work for me, it mad how some things work for some and not others. I’ve read child’s farm has worked for lots of people