Psoriasis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit of a niche subject but wondering if there was any psoriasis sufferers on here who have any tips or just want to talk.
I haven’t had a flare up in years and years and have been so lucky. Lockdown and a crappy year has made it awful. So tips welcome. :)

Reactions: 2
It is an awful thing to experience :cautious:. I hadn't had a flare-up in years but just in the past few months have had an outbreak over one of my breasts which is just so uncomfortable (itchy, sore, hot ... all the feels). I typically use a couple of different products, which both help in different ways -'Bio Oil' and 'Palmers Skin Repair Oil', but it's still there ... and annoying me. I can't really pinpoint what's caused it ... probably stress, as I haven't changed my washing machine liquid, and I wear cotton bras.

Reactions: 1
Yes I have it on my scalp and surrounding areas as well as my elbows. On a whim I tried something completely random - bepanthen - and it healed it up overnight!

Reactions: 5
I suffer from psoriasis on my scalp, hairline, and corners of my nose. It has definitely flared up over lockdown. I use aveeno cica balm, which I find quite good.

Reactions: 4
I’ve had psoriasis since I was a baby and have pretty much tried everything under the sun. As an adult it’s mostly at bay and only flares up with stress. This year has been full of stress with Coronavirus and university...so yeah I’ve had some uncomfortable flare ups. It really knocks my self esteem and body image

My favourite things to use are aveeno and eumovate!

Reactions: 3
I’ve had psoriasis since I was a baby and have pretty much tried everything under the sun. As an adult it’s mostly at bay and only flares up with stress. This year has been full of stress with Coronavirus and university...so yeah I’ve had some uncomfortable flare ups. It really knocks my self esteem and body image

My favourite things to use are aveeno and eumovate!
This so the same as me. Was awful as a child but apart from the odd flare up I’ve been good lately.
I’m naughty and use sunbeds to clear it . Which obviously isn’t an option at the moment. Egyptian magic cream seems to keep it at bay a little.
yeah it really messes with my mental health
Bloody covid 🙄

Yes I have it on my scalp and surrounding areas as well as my elbows. On a whim I tried something completely random - bepanthen - and it healed it up overnight!
Oh really? I have it on my elbows quite badly too. I guess it’s worth a try!

It is an awful thing to experience :cautious:. I hadn't had a flare-up in years but just in the past few months have had an outbreak over one of my breasts which is just so uncomfortable (itchy, sore, hot ... all the feels). I typically use a couple of different products, which both help in different ways -'Bio Oil' and 'Palmers Skin Repair Oil', but it's still there ... and annoying me. I can't really pinpoint what's caused it ... probably stress, as I haven't changed my washing machine liquid, and I wear cotton bras.
I think mine has to be stress as it’s come from nowhere 😔

Reactions: 4
This so the same as me. Was awful as a child but apart from the odd flare up I’ve been good lately.
I’m naughty and use sunbeds to clear it . Which obviously isn’t an option at the moment. Egyptian magic cream seems to keep it at bay a little.
yeah it really messes with my mental health
Bloody covid 🙄
I have Egyptian magic cream, the only thing that puts me off thick “Vaseline” kind of creams are they stick to everything and feel so greasy 😫 do you wear a cotton shirt over your creams or leave your eczema parts bare?

I read a tip that you should use creams and then wear a cotton shirt over the top and it helps keep the moisture in

Do sunbeds help? I’m already olive toned so don’t think that’s an option for me haha, but I’ve noticed heat and hot weather (on holiday) really seem to help me! *looks outside to rain and clouds in england* 😭

I have Egyptian magic cream, the only thing that puts me off thick “Vaseline” kind of creams are they stick to everything and feel so greasy 😫 do you wear a cotton shirt over your creams or leave your eczema parts bare?

I read a tip that you should use creams and then wear a cotton shirt over the top and it helps keep the moisture in

Do sunbeds help? I’m already olive toned so don’t think that’s an option for me haha, but I’ve noticed heat and hot weather (on holiday) really seem to help me! *looks outside to rain and clouds in england* 😭
So I was hospitalised at the dermatology unit as a child around 11 I guess puberty really caused it to flare and they do body wraps with coal tar they then bandage you to keep it soaked in. Alternate days they give you strong light treatment. They look like stand up sunbeds. But you never do anymore than maybe a minute or so. You aren’t allowed many in a lifetime due to cancer risk. So yeah basically sun is the magic ingredient. But the risks are there.

So I was hospitalised at the dermatology unit as a child around 11 I guess puberty really caused it to flare and they do body wraps with coal tar they then bandage you to keep it soaked in. Alternate days they give you strong light treatment. They look like stand up sunbeds. But you never do anymore than maybe a minute or so. You aren’t allowed many in a lifetime due to cancer risk. So yeah basically sun is the magic ingredient. But the risks are there.
I’m so sorry about that ❤ My biggest trigger is definitely stress. Have you tried meditation? I’m not sure about it...I feel a bit uncomfortable just sitting there in silence but at this point I’ll do anything to reduce my stress. I don’t think mines been bad enough for hospitalisation, but I did get a nasty infection one time, it was awful

Ideally I want to move to a hot country in the future 🤞🏼

I’m so sorry about that ❤ My biggest trigger is definitely stress. Have you tried meditation? I’m not sure about it...I feel a bit uncomfortable just sitting there in silence but at this point I’ll do anything to reduce my stress. I don’t think mines been bad enough for hospitalisation, but I did get a nasty infection one time, it was awful

Ideally I want to move to a hot country in the future 🤞🏼
I don’t think meditation is for me either sadly. I try to keep busy.
Thankfully mines never been as bad since. My boyfriend lives in Dubai so maybe one day I’ll be rid of it!

• Heart
My nan was covered from head to toe. Dad had it on his scalp, chest, knees & in all his hairy bits (sorry if TMI).

I've escaped in the main, but my elbows are awful. Ive tried all-sorts but when they're really bad I put some O'Keefes working hands cream on a dressing, keep it on for 3 days or so, and when I take it off it's all healed up. Till the next time!

I have some kind of psoriasis I can’t say it let alone spell it... has Rosetta (?) at the end,
I take a allergy tablet at night to stop the itching, decaf tea from the afternoon which helps. It’s at night I itch the most. I also have restless legs so I’m a itching kicking donkey so my husband says lol

I swear by eumovate but it’s deffo stress related. It took so long to be diagnosed - I’m soo pale sun beds aren’t really all option 👎

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t think meditation is for me either sadly. I try to keep busy.
Thankfully mines never been as bad since. My boyfriend lives in Dubai so maybe one day I’ll be rid of it!
My boyfriend is from Dubai too! 😂 We met in England because he came here for uni, but we are hoping to move back together soon 🤞🏼 Any warm country will do really!

My husband developed really severe psoriasis a few years ago all over his body (particularly bad on his hands and legs) and was referred for UV light treatment at the hospital. He only had about 10 sessions and it cleared right up - his skin was perfect. Recently it flared up again randomly, then coincidentally a few weeks later he stopped taking his antidepressants (fluoxetine), that he had been on for a few years, and it’s cleared right up again. So now we’re thinking they must have been linked, as the psoriasis really only appeared when he started taking the tablets. Doctor has said it’s likely that this is the case. Strange!

My boyfriend is from Dubai too! 😂 We met in England because he came here for uni, but we are hoping to move back together soon 🤞🏼 Any warm country will do really!
My boyfriends English but he’s worked there for a few years now so is settled and hates the thought of English life again! Can’t blame him

My husband developed really severe psoriasis a few years ago all over his body (particularly bad on his hands and legs) and was referred for UV light treatment at the hospital. He only had about 10 sessions and it cleared right up - his skin was perfect. Recently it flared up again randomly, then coincidentally a few weeks later he stopped taking his antidepressants (fluoxetine), that he had been on for a few years, and it’s cleared right up again. So now we’re thinking they must have been linked, as the psoriasis really only appeared when he started taking the tablets. Doctor has said it’s likely that this is the case. Strange!
Ah.. I’m taking citalopram to try and calm my stress and worry. So I wonder if this has triggered it a little too.
I’m not sure how many light sessions I have left as they will only let you have a certain amount in your life

My boyfriends English but he’s worked there for a few years now so is settled and hates the thought of English life again! Can’t blame him

Ah.. I’m taking citalopram to try and calm my stress and worry. So I wonder if this has triggered it a little too.
I’m not sure how many light sessions I have left as they will only let you have a certain amount in your life
Can’t blame him in the slightest. Whenever we visit my boyfriends family, I don’t want to come home 😭

I was on Sertraline for about a year and a half, but didn’t see any effect on my eczema when I came off it. I do want to try LED light therapy, but to be honest whenever I go to the doctors they just throw steroid creams at me and tell me to manage it. I’m too shy to ask for anything else :/

Do you guys find drinking water regularly helps? Like 2 litres a day? I’m starting to do it, but haven’t noticed a difference yet :)

I suffer from this, mainly under my breasts but also my scalp. My scalp never gets much of a flare up so thats not been an issue lately but my GP gave me betnovate gel for under my breasts and its a miracle worker. Im completely clear under my breasts currently, im large busted so usually suffer in the warmer months.

I suffer from this, mainly under my breasts but also my scalp. My scalp never gets much of a flare up so thats not been an issue lately but my GP gave me betnovate gel for under my breasts and its a miracle worker. Im completely clear under my breasts currently, im large busted so usually suffer in the warmer months.
My scalp suffers a bit too, have you tried Neutrogena t gel? Or aveeno skin relief soothing shampoo?

I swear by eumovate but it’s deffo stress related. It took so long to be diagnosed - I’m soo pale sun beds aren’t really all option 👎
I second this. Eumovate is the only thing that actually works for me, even the over the counter one. That cream is like magic. Everything else only works for a short time.