Prison life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can see a book coming out of this thread and going on the curriculam in schools to teach people to NOT DO THE CRIME!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I take my hat off to you BIG time. I visited someone in prison once and that was bad enough. Confrontation is one of my biggest fears, and I was even scared being in the waiting room with the males prisoners wife's/girlfriends. Absolutely terrified me.

I'd also like to say that anyone that works in or to do with law, I have huge respect...and I know we have a two or three here ♥ It would have been my dream job to be a barrister or CID Police, but to put it simply, I'm not that intelligent! I'm not an idiot, but I believe being able to do a job involving the law, criminals etc etc, requires talent. Especially prosecution and defence lawyers

Do YOU face much confrontation from the prisoners?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m not really sure what people would be interested in but any questions I’m happy to answer the best I can 🥰
Background; I’ve worked in the prison service for 6 years now. Worked in YOI estate (15-18) and I’m currently at a Cat C training prison in the midlands (18-25) although we do have prisoners that are over 25 and also some cat B, potential cat A prisoners too
Oh God this is where I find out I know you from a pickup 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So on the SB thread there has been lots of comments in the lead up to his incarceration about the hopes of what would happen to him in prison etc. I can’t wish those sorts of things on anyone because sexual assault is sexual assault at the end of the day. But…..how true to life is it that this goes on in prison?
I can’t comment on every prison just mine however it doesn’t happen very often, that gets reported anyway.
I’ve caught two guys giving each other head in the showers but it was consensual. Also caught two guys in a double pad having sex but again consensual. There has been allegations of sexual assault but it’s usually by the LGBTQ+ prisoners and when investigated they turn out to be untrue/over exaggerated as to what has actually happened.
I’m not saying it doesn’t happen though because it does.. I’ve just not came across that in my career..
Hey.. I applied to the prison officer relocation scheme . I passed the online tests and have the assessment centre . What I’m wondering though is that I use to visit my ex partner in jail for years .. he’s now on a recall to prison ( but on the run ) would I still be able to work in a prison .. I don’t want to waste my time doing the assessment centre if not . Thanks for any help .
I wouldn’t say pull out of the assessment - but I would say declare absolutely everything when they ask.
I have a half brother (met him a handful of times) who is constantly in and out of prison which I declared when I started as it would be a conflict of interest if I ever went to a prison he was in. I don’t have anythjng
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I take my hat off to you BIG time. I visited someone in prison once and that was bad enough. Confrontation is one of my biggest fears, and I was even scared being in the waiting room with the males prisoners wife's/girlfriends. Absolutely terrified me.

I'd also like to say that anyone that works in or to do with law, I have huge respect...and I know we have a two or three here ♥ It would have been my dream job to be a barrister or CID Police, but to put it simply, I'm not that intelligent! I'm not an idiot, but I believe being able to do a job involving the law, criminals etc etc, requires talent. Especially prosecution and defence lawyers

Thank you so much ❤
Honestly I’m not going to lie, when I first started I was tit scared! I still going into situations now & my belly goes all funny with the anticipation of what’s going to happen because things can kick off in an instant, but you’ve just gotta fake it until you make it! They pick up on EVERYTHING.. they know if you’re scared & will play on that. My first shift as an officer I was in kit doing a planned removal (so moving a prisoner from his cell to the seg) and I was so nervous 😂 I was with officers that had loads of experience and here’s little old me (well I was 22 at the time) kitted up in riot gear, facing a prisoner who had 2 weapons who was ready to fight anyone, and just had to get on with it!
In terms of confrontation - yes. I get it absolutely every day. It wouldn’t be a day in the prison without an argument with one of them. But as weird as it sounds, I work with these prisoners day in, day out.. I can have a major argument with one of them and then 9 times out of 10 go in the next day and it all be fine or a lot of the times they do apologise to me.
We had a lad the other day who missed his video call for his parole, never been an issue on the wing, good as gold enhanced prisoner - he came down to get his lunch meal & just started swearing in my face telling me to duck off and we’re all useless blah blah, got him back to his cell and then when he came down to his evening meal he apologised and just said he shouldn’t have taken his frustrations out on me but tbh it is what it is.. I get moody sometimes if I’m in a bad mood and the smallest things piss me off and they’re all like “ah you’re in a mood today” 😂🤷🏽‍♀️
But yeah, you’ll always get confrontation. (Unless you’re a yes man who lets them get away with anything, unfortunately that isn’t me & whilst I have banter with them, they know not to cross the line with me)
---
Oh God this is where I find out I know you from a pickup 😂
Hahahah, imagine!! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I can’t comment on every prison just mine however it doesn’t happen very often, that gets reported anyway.
I’ve caught two guys giving each other head in the showers but it was consensual. Also caught two guys in a double pad having sex but again consensual. There has been allegations of sexual assault but it’s usually by the LGBTQ+ prisoners and when investigated they turn out to be untrue/over exaggerated as to what has actually happened.
I’m not saying it doesn’t happen though because it does.. I’ve just not came across that in my career..

I wouldn’t say pull out of the assessment - but I would say declare absolutely everything when they ask.
I have a half brother (met him a handful of times) who is constantly in and out of prison which I declared when I started as it would be a conflict of interest if I ever went to a prison he was in. I don’t have anythjng
Thank you so much ❤
Honestly I’m not going to lie, when I first started I was tit scared! I still going into situations now & my belly goes all funny with the anticipation of what’s going to happen because things can kick off in an instant, but you’ve just gotta fake it until you make it! They pick up on EVERYTHING.. they know if you’re scared & will play on that. My first shift as an officer I was in kit doing a planned removal (so moving a prisoner from his cell to the seg) and I was so nervous 😂 I was with officers that had loads of experience and here’s little old me (well I was 22 at the time) kitted up in riot gear, facing a prisoner who had 2 weapons who was ready to fight anyone, and just had to get on with it!
In terms of confrontation - yes. I get it absolutely every day. It wouldn’t be a day in the prison without an argument with one of them. But as weird as it sounds, I work with these prisoners day in, day out.. I can have a major argument with one of them and then 9 times out of 10 go in the next day and it all be fine or a lot of the times they do apologise to me.
We had a lad the other day who missed his video call for his parole, never been an issue on the wing, good as gold enhanced prisoner - he came down to get his lunch meal & just started swearing in my face telling me to duck off and we’re all useless blah blah, got him back to his cell and then when he came down to his evening meal he apologised and just said he shouldn’t have taken his frustrations out on me but tbh it is what it is.. I get moody sometimes if I’m in a bad mood and the smallest things piss me off and they’re all like “ah you’re in a mood today” 😂🤷🏽‍♀️
But yeah, you’ll always get confrontation. (Unless you’re a yes man who lets them get away with anything, unfortunately that isn’t me & whilst I have banter with them, they know not to cross the line with me)
---

Hahahah, imagine!! 😂
I remember going to a UK one in the midlands (there were 3 on the same site 🍉) and the officer with me was no more than 5 feet. Female. But by Christ when she barked they all behaved.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I remember going to a UK one in the midlands (there were 3 on the same site 🍉) and the officer with me was no more than 5 feet. Female. But by Christ when she barked they all behaved.
Does one of them have a 🪶 in the name? Trying to work out the melon emoji 😂
Tbh I’m quite tall for a female, 5’8.. but I’ve got a massive gob on me 😂 I can shout from the office and they can hear me up on the 3s landing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What does the water melon signify? I'm not clued up on the jargon

Reactions: 4

STOP putting yourself down. You'd be well able to do whatever your heart desires. Mature students are a dream because they want to learn. Follow your dreams sweetheart xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
STOP putting yourself down. You'd be well able to do whatever your heart desires. Mature students are a dream because they want to learn. Follow your dreams sweetheart xx
I second this! Honestly if it’s something you’re interested in all I can say is go for it ❤ you never know unless you try!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does one of them have a 🪶 in the name? Trying to work out the melon emoji 😂
Tbh I’m quite tall for a female, 5’8.. but I’ve got a massive gob on me 😂 I can shout from the office and they can hear me up on the 3s landing 😂
It does 😳
---
I second this! Honestly if it’s something you’re interested in all I can say is go for it ❤ you never know unless you try!
And i 3rd it. I have Justiz colleagues here who thought the same. And they are bleeping brilliant

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It does 😳
---

And i 3rd it. I have Justiz colleagues here who thought the same. And they are bleeping brilliant
Thought so, I do a lot of bedwatches for them! My prisons about a 25 min car drive away, next door to a hotel which they have loads of weddings in 😂

Reactions: 2

In my experience (I was a law clerk for many years) most lawyers are not that intelligent; just good at passing exams.

Reactions: 17
Thought so, I do a lot of bedwatches for them! My prisons about a 25 min car drive away, next door to a hotel which they have loads of weddings in 😂
Oh THAT one. I know where you are. The place of which we speak was a dump when i was there run by a clueless clown.

And i made that assessment in the space of a morning 😂

My town is home to Canada's first privately-owned prison, although that only lasted for five years and it's now run by the state.

My town is home to Canada's first privately-owned prison, although that only lasted for five years and it's now run by the state.
My pet hate is trying to make justice into a business. It never works. The state cant do it so why in the every living duck do they think a private co can do it

Oh THAT one. I know where you are. The place of which we speak was a dump when i was there run by a clueless clown.

And i made that assessment in the space of a morning 😂
We’ve recently had a new governor, well he started when I transferred there last year but from what people were saying the previous governor was AWFUL!!!! Did not care about staff at all!!
I agree it’s a dump though. But what prison isn’t?! 😂🤦🏽‍♀️

My pet hate is trying to make justice into a business. It never works. The state cant do it so why in the every living duck do they think a private co can do it
Not the same thing, but kinda. My teenage son has special needs and uses a respite service occasionally. There's people trying to open private services atm. Unfortunately where there's money to be made you'll always get some gobshite trying to capitalise !