Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly.....it was a combination of circumstances that resulted in a horrific accident. People just can't accept that because of how she was treated by the Royal family.
Why did Al Fayed have security at all? He wasn't a celebrity.
I dunno he was uber rich so potentially a kidnap and ransome target.

Reactions: 1
The ambulance Diana was taken to hospital in took over an hour for what should have been a 10 minute journey. It was being reported on the night (I was up late and had the radio on) that she’d suffered a broken arm/minor injuries and was seen standing out of the car immediately after the crash. I went to sleep and got a shock in the morning when she’d apparently died of her injuries.

Reactions: 3
Ambulances carrying really ill people do take their time and sometimes have to stop to perform procedures or life saving treatment. I think Diana had internal injuries, in fact I believe she had a tiny cut/tear to one of her lungs. Had it have been slightly higher or lower she may have survived or at least thats what I've read over the years. It was believed her injuries were not life threatening at first, they also operated on her for approx 2 hours before cardiac arrest?
I remember my mother waking me up to tell me she had been in an accident, for some reason my parents slept with the radio on all night. Whole other story I couldn't do that. A while later she interrupted my beauty sleep once again to tell me she had died. It was sad but I didn't have any expectation at the level of grief that would occur.
I've read/watched the conspiracy theories over the years, sometimes I believe them. I do think it odd that she was embalmed straight away especially when people talk about a possible pregnancy. Maybe its standard to do that in France, I don't know.
Best show about her death is hands down 7 days that shook the world. Unrelated but I don't believe she is buried on the island, although I've seen that theory discredited several times.

Reactions: 9
The French protocol is different. They treat patients at the scene for much longer.

Reactions: 2
The ambulance Diana was taken to hospital in took over an hour for what should have been a 10 minute journey. It was being reported on the night (I was up late and had the radio on) that she’d suffered a broken arm/minor injuries and was seen standing out of the car immediately after the crash. I went to sleep and got a shock in the morning when she’d apparently died of her injuries.
I remember I used to have my alarm set to radio and I'd forgotten to switch it off so it went off on the Sunday. I literally got woken up to news that she had died, so I didnt hear the injuries stuff. Is it possible they were trying to save the other passengers because their injuries were more visible? The surviving bodyguard's face was destroyed apparently. If she was walking around, maybe they thought she was ok, then she got worse in the ambulance, so they had to stop to perform emergency CPR etc. I think it's a bit much to assume that the French ambulance services, as well as the driver of the car ( who would have been suicidal as he wasnt wearing seatbelt either) were all in on the conspiracy.

Definitely.
I dont know why they would have had her killed. The divorce and all the worst recriminations were all done

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I remember I used to have my alarm set to radio and I'd forgotten to switch it off so it went off on the Sunday. I literally got woken up to news that she had died, so I didnt hear the injuries stuff. Is it possible they were trying to save the other passengers because their injuries were more visible? The surviving bodyguard's face was destroyed apparently. If she was walking around, maybe they thought she was ok, then she got worse in the ambulance, so they had to stop to perform emergency CPR etc. I think it's a bit much to assume that the French ambulance services, as well as the driver of the car ( who would have been suicidal as he wasnt wearing seatbelt either) were all in on the conspiracy.

I dont know why they would have had her killed. The divorce and all the worst recriminations were all done
I’m not saying there WAS a conspiracy. I was remembering some of the odd things that were reported that night/morning.

As I said I’d had a late night. On my way home I’d stopped for the Sunday papers. They were first prints before the accident. The supplements were full of photos of Di and Dodi on holiday. I can’t remember the nature of the articles but I can bet some of them were less than kind. Obviously by later on that morning they were changed out for papers with the crash headlines.

I’m not saying there WAS a conspiracy. I was remembering some of the odd things that were reported that night/morning.

As I said I’d had a late night. On my way home I’d stopped for the Sunday papers. They were first prints before the accident. The supplements were full of photos of Di and Dodi on holiday. I can’t remember the nature of the articles but I can bet some of them were less than kind. Obviously by later on that morning they were changed out for papers with the crash headlines.
I don't remember as much. I don't remember having much interest in the Royals ( I had a life in those days instead!) so wouldnt have followed it, but I do remember that moment of waking up vividly, as if it was yesterday. I do know more recently that people were saying that the Royals were worried that Diana would get pregnant by Dodi, and that they were worried about The future King having a Muslim sibling ( funny now, considering all the furore over Archie!)

Reactions: 4
I think at the time the press were doing their usual blowing things out of proportion. Di had been going out with Dodi for a very short time. She’d had several boyfriends and he was the latest one. All the pregnancy and marriage talk was jumping the gun somewhat.

I’d little interest in it either. I vividly remember being out clubbing then going to a house party and getting home to bed about 4 am with the radio going and waking up at 7.30 with my head mother phoning with the news. Seven bleeping thirty...Di would have still been dead later in the morning!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think Dodie was just s fling, she was besotted with a Pakistani heart consultant who dumped her because he didn't want the media fuss. I think she was very keen a shame he wasn't as interested.

Reactions: 13
I think Dodie was just s fling, she was besotted with a Pakistani heart consultant who dumped her because he didn't want the media fuss. I think she was very keen a shame he wasn't as interested.
Yes I agree Dodi was just a fling. I think a l of it was Mohammed Al Fayed too, who made up a lot of the stuff about someone murdering them and it being some sort of deep love affair.

Reactions: 11
I remember my now ex husband waking me up to tell me Diana was dead. I was like I don’t know a Diana 🤷‍♀️ I then spent the whole day watching the coverage. I’d never seen anything like it before!

I only found out on the Sunday afternoon after lunch when I wento my local Londis. They had the TV on in the shop and that is how I found out.

It was all tied up in scandal whatever way you look at it. Al-Fayed was vocal for a very long time about his thoughts on what went on, now that was uncomfortable. Did they ever do him for slander or was it still a case of never explain never complain?
She was supposedly obsessed with the heart surgeon, I think she met his family etc and the khan's might have been involved.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know how long it was before the bodyguard arrived at the hospital? If he was as badly injured and it's protocol for the French ambulance service to treat at the scene prior to transportation to the hospital - I wonder who arrived first?

I don't know much about the affair, but maybe it was his family who bumped her off as she was a non-muslim? Strict Muslims wouldn't be happy with a non-muslim entering into a marriage with a Muslim.

Then again, she was drunk, right? Getting into a car with a tipsy chauffeur? Refused royal protection too? Who knows...

It seemed very well known by some journalists at the time that the love of her life was infact that heart consultant, Dodi was nothing serious.