Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was such a mean reaction, the house is massive enough for her to have her own suite of rooms. I think he is quite a nasty bloke actually.
I recall his first wife saying that he did not treat her well.
Apparently, he had an affair, very early in their marriage. It is documented that his behaviour contributed to her eating disorder, she also became drug dependent.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Did anyone else get highly narcissistic vibes from Diana ?
I don’t think she was narcissistic, or at least I don’t think she was intentionally. Her and Charles should never have married. She had mental health problems and the marriage and the breakdown only exacerbated them.

That was such a mean reaction, the house is massive enough for her to have her own suite of rooms. I think he is quite a nasty bloke actually.
Exactly! The reason he turned her down was
‘I am sorry but I have decided that the Garden House is not a possible move. There are many reasons, most of which centre on the inevitable police and press interference that will follow. I know you will be disappointed but I know I am doing the right thing for my wife and children’
Like, hello! Althrop is a 13,000 acre estate and Earl Spencer and his family weren’t even living there when Diana needed it, they were in Cape Town. Then he has the gall to call his youngest daughter Charlotte Diana in her memory! Oddly though Earl Spencer’s Charlotte was born before Princess Charlotte - not sure why William and Kate chose the same name due to the dislike of Will’s uncle. Also Earl Spencer had another daughter before Charlotte called Lara but never have her Diana as a middle name. Some think he chose Diana for Charlotte because she was born 3 years after William and Kate married and the country was on a bit of a Hugh in regards to the Cambs and William and Harry being the sons of Diana.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Well, Charles did boycott Diana's funeral to dig at the royals. It wasn't about him making a statement.

Reactions: 2
It’s just that I don’t recall her complaining about them basically spending all summer without her.
I can imagine it being the expected arrangement, but she didn’t seem to show any objection to it.
And she did complain about the RF, she wasn’t coy about that..
They spent the summer with Diana first and then with Charles. They divided the holidays and August was Charles's month to have them.

There's another Diana thread in this section, can they be merged?

Reactions: 3
Exactly! The reason he turned her down was
‘I am sorry but I have decided that the Garden House is not a possible move. There are many reasons, most of which centre on the inevitable police and press interference that will follow. I know you will be disappointed but I know I am doing the right thing for my wife and children’
So the pompous twit didn't want Diana - while she was alive - intruding on his property due to the police & the press, although he wasn't living in the UK.

But he wanted her on the property after she died - knowing there will still be intrusion from the press and tourists, but it's all for the money this time.

Quote - He said it seemed "natural" to bury her at their family home as he "wanted to keep her safe". What a hypocrite.

Reactions: 16
There's another conspiracy around Diana, one which I have no problem believing: Her real burial place. There's a longstanding rumour that she isn't at all buried on the island, but in the family church, together with her father.

Pointers in that direction are: letting the island go to waste, which isn't wise if anyone's buried there, esp someone high profile; village whispers, saying that there was loads of noise in the church around the time of her burial and workers being there at night and a hearse and what looked like fresh marks (where her father's coffin is laid, looked like the wall was redone, also there's allegedly enough space to accommodate more people, so no problem adding).

Reason given is that the church is fairly accessible by common folk and they were dreading the influx of people mourning and those who wanted to oggle, so said she was on the island which is inaccessible to anyone not family or staff, so people wouldn't flock there en masse.

Reactions: 13
She didn't even want to live in the house but in a cottage to get away from everything in London. Apparently he told her that it would just attract attention to there, said the man who's run mawkish exhibitions capitalising on her ever since her death.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
A staged car accident - is far too risky. I don’t believe that she was murdered, but if such an incident was to have been arranged, a car accident is too public - and with too many people involved.

I cannot accept that she needed to be done away with. Any possible damage to the RF had already been done (her TV interview etc).
I have a friend, who believes that it was arranged to stop her marrying Dodie, but why? His father was a fairly controversial figure, but if she married him - it would not have caused any problems for the RF. I don’t accept for a moment, it was because she was about to marry a Muslim. Again, how would that cause issues for the RF?
She was not in line for the throne, etc.

If anything, her death caused problems for Charles and Camilla. She was basically martyred after her death, with Camilla despised even more by Diana’s fans.

I found it odd that Diana did not see her sons, for almost a month before her death. I think it is, documented that she last saw them in early August?
Apparently, they were spending their school holidays at Balmoral “doing boy things.” Diana is portrayed as a doting mother, but she only saw her children at weekends (probably only some weekends, not all) as they were boarders. They then spend the school summer holidays at balmoral - whilst she hangs out on millionaires boats in the south of France.
I know some would say that the aristocracy live different lives from us, but I don’t know a mother who could spend that much time away from her young children.

The queen of hearts tag, never really washed with me. I found her to be quite manipulative, especially seeing interviews since her death.
I am no fan of Charles either, who I believe basically married somebody far too young, probably to produce children.
EXACTLY she was photographed IN THE CAR before help arrived, the RF do not 'Off' people in front of cameras. Hasnat was a skilled heart surgeon who started in the NHS, why would the RF have a problem? Hasnats muslim family would have had the bigger issue as she was a divorced mum with TONS of baggage,

I was in a French campsite, we heard Diana over the radio lots and we made out voiture and grave we misunderstood tunnel as breakdown.
The next day we got the papers but they were from the day before (campsite in the middle of nowhere and it was a weekend) and it was ALL her on the yacht and the tone was "Diana off gallivanting with her fancy mEn STILL while her kids languish at home", they hated her for it, the newspapers the day before also insinuated that she was cheating on Hasnat, and flipping the bird to the RF AGAIN.(the UK was still pissed off about the interview and book) as a nation we felt she'd crossed a line and was no better than the papers that published squidgygate, tampon phone calls She profited off of selling other peoples privacy and appeared to have abandoned her kids/ Only popping up for photo calls was the presses allegation.

Next day she was the greatest mother, wife, representative, diplomat, humanitarian, a victim who suffered more than most (hello?), whose children could not cope without her, those poor (abandoned for her fancy men in yesterdays paper) boys.

We got back to UK a week later and there were posters of her in windows. She was hated when we left for a 12 day holiday, hated by EVERYONE. I'm so glad I was out of UK because I got to see how batshit crazy the grief over 'the peoples princess' aka that woman off partying, embarrassing her boyfriend, ex husband and neglecting her kids, 'you can see why she didn't fit in she's all me me me' but everyone forgot that they felt that in days..

Gosh, I remember vividly hearing them announce it on Capital radio as I was waking up, I asked my mum if it was true. A lifetime ago...

The inquest makes for decent reading. Mohammed had offered Diana and the boys somewhere to stay with his own security/protection. She then got friendly with Dodi, however he was engaged at the time. He gave his fiancée a swift runaround...she even had a press conference about the mess of it all. He only knew Diana a matter of weeks before they died. Her close friend and masseuse stated that she had been on her period a short time before her death and wasn't pregnant.

The so-called announcement was said to be that she was moving to America. Ironic given the situation with Prince Harry, I've long felt he was influenced by thoughts of his mother and how she was ostracised from the family.

Rumour has it that Mohammed was awful to Dodi and put intense pressure on him to impress Diana and not to mess it up. No doubt this contributed to their demise as lots of rash decisions were made on the night. So tragic. For what it's worth, her last spoken words were along the lines of "oh God"...not a lot more than that before she went unconscious. At the time (I don't know about now), emergency healthcare in France focused on stabilising the patient, over just getting there quickly and hoping. Just the fast drive of the ambulance could've stopped her heart due to her blood pressure (hence the reason they took so long to get to the hospital). In the end, it didn't work...sad.

• Sad
In the recent documentary it was said she had a row with Dr Khan about ending their fling & was visably upset. A few days later she flew to meet Dodi on the yacht. Doesn't sound like someone madly in love & pregnant! Definitely a summer fling. And I wouldn't believe anything his father said anyway.

Reactions: 11