Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recall his first wife saying that he did not treat her well.
Apparently, he had an affair, very early in their marriage. It is documented that his behaviour contributed to her eating disorder, she also became drug dependent.
His first wife ended up looking very ill.

Reactions: 1
Yes she was very gaunt. They had 3 girls then a boy too, I think, before he buggered off with someone else.
She was anorexic and had drug and alcohol issues while with him and discovered he was having an affair. They then moved to South Africa for a fresh start but he was unfaithful again so he returned back to Althorp and she stayed in SA and sorted herself out.

Reactions: 3
Yes she was very gaunt. They had 3 girls then a boy too, I think, before he buggered off with someone else.
I think heā€™s been married a few times and , iirc, treats women appallingly if the papers years ago were anything to go by. He was married to a woman called Caroline , Matthew Freudā€™s ex I think and dumped her when he met someone else . Heā€™s a nasty piece of work .

Reactions: 8
The one "conspiracy theory" that I do have about Diana's death is that she isn't buried on the island in the lake at Althorp, I think that is a red herring designed to avoid her genuine final resting place becoming a macabre tourist attraction. She wanted to be buried next to her father in the family vault at their local church and I believe she was secretly buried there. I saw reports a couple of years ago in the press of her island grave at Althorp being overgrown and neglected - if she's really buried there then surely it would be immaculately maintained at all times?
You are correct. Family friend is a gardener at Althorp and has confirmed no actual grave was ever dug it was more for public to admire so they didnā€™t disturb the family vault. Flowers are laid by family too at the vault and not at island.

Watched the programmes about her and just canā€™t believe she wouldnā€™t of worn a seatbelt itā€™s crazy. But then again I donā€™t think I ever see old Liz wearing one either. When Prince Charles showed up at the hospital she was at I think that was the most emotion Iā€™ve ever seen him give

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Watched the programmes about her and just canā€™t believe she wouldnā€™t of worn a seatbelt itā€™s crazy. But then again I donā€™t think I ever see old Liz wearing one either.
She never wears a riding hat either. Obviously thinks her blue blood will protect her if she ever falls off :rolleyes:

queen.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm sure I read somewhere that The Queen doesnt have to wear a seatbelt. Bit stupid considering it's a safety requirement not something done for the sake of it!
Because she cant be charged as laws don't apply for her! Doesn't mean she shouldn't do abide by some though. She's a public figure and should set an example. One rule for us after all...

Reactions: 5
Personally I believe it was an unfortunate set of circumstances with too many mitigating factors for it to have been completely set up. However, I do think the Royals/Charles were under a huge amount of pressure at the time to distance Diana from their public image due to her relationship with Dodi and rumours of her being pregnant/wanting another child. The documentary I watched actually blamed Dodi for the crash which I thought was bloody ridiculous!!

To some degree, I believe the accident and the events surrounding it were real but I believe the theory about the doctors not saving Diana when they had the chance, on "advice" of the Royals.
Her poor boys. I do feel Harry has been affected by it the most as William has always gotten the most attention due to his place in line and would've had more time 1:1 with the Queen etc. But I cant imagine my mother dying like that and having so many conspiracies out about your wee old granny plotting her demise šŸ˜¶ Would really mess with my head as a teenager!
This is a truly obnoxious theory. To suggest that medical professionals, who have trained and sworn to save lives, would be swayed by the petty politics and jealousy of a foreign royal family is quite contemptible.

By boycotting I am specifically referring to his speech. šŸ™„
Hijack, rather than boycott.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
This is a truly obnoxious theory. To suggest that medical professionals, who have trained and sworn to save lives, would be swayed by the petty politics and jealousy of a foreign royal family is quite contemptible.
Agree. I think we overestimate the importance of the BRF to the rest of the world. The American authorities couldn't give a stuff about the Queen and her influence, hence Andrew cant wriggle out of his issues. In France it's unlikely they got rid of their own Royal family so they could pander to ours. They are the same as any other celebs abroad. Good for a bit of gossip but of no influence or consequence.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Agree. I think we overestimate the importance of the BRF to the rest of the world. The American authorities couldn't give a stuff about the Queen and her influence, hence Andrew cant wriggle out of his issues. In France it's unlikely they got rid of their own Royal family so they could pander to ours. They are the same as any other celebs abroad. Good for a bit of gossip but of no influence or consequence.
I was in Australia in 2014 when William and Kate toured. Believe me, if we donā€™t want the RF, they would take them with open arms........they loved them in Oz and in New Zealan.

Reactions: 2
I always remember when William and Harry spoke about their mothers death and said the last time she rang them they were busy playing and didnt speak to her long and that's one of their biggest regrets.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yeah Harry's definitely traumatised by it all. I hope heā€™s getting help. I was 7/8 too and remember the morning it all broke, I was up early watching kids shows and even Cartoon Network had a strap at the bottom saying to ā€œturn to a news channel for an important announcement.ā€
I remember the moment the reporter said live ā€œand I can confirm princes Diana has diedā€ too....it was like jfk, John Lennon, 9/11 ... something that everyone knows where they were.

The funeral I do remember to, Harrys bowed head and suit that was too big. My mum died when I was a baby , and I remember 8 year old me feeling some kind of empathy with him. It is awful they made him do that.
I was the same age and up watching cartoons at 7am the morning the news broke, I remember the magnitude of the announcement seemed to be a big deal (being 7 I wouldn't have understood) so I ran in to wake my mum and tell her. We're not monarchists and we're Catholics from Northern Ireland so we wouldn't have been brought up with massive opinions on the royal family but I do remember my mum was fascinated by Diana and her style etc, she used to keep newspaper cuttings. I now follow what the new generation royals get up to and while I wouldn't have staunch views I do think William and Catherine are excellent and I think they will go on to do great things. I'm not completely sold on Meghan and Harry yet but maybe they're finding their feet still and they have received a barrage of harsh critique which can't be easy!

Reactions: 5
I was in Australia in 2014 when William and Kate toured. Believe me, if we donā€™t want the RF, they would take them with open arms........they loved them in Oz and in New Zealan.
Err.. they already have them! The Queen is their Queen, our Royal Family is their Royal Family! I think when the Queen dies and the older generation of Aussies and NZ die they will become republics., republicanism amongst the younger generation is very high. Their Heads of State are a bunch of people on the other side of the world!

Reactions: 3
I'd never equate a mass of people to popularity or support. There's a lot of curiosity etc going into people coming out to see well-known people, esp when someone's new to the public.

When it comes down to it, I wouldn't bet that all these people who came out would want them as their representatives.

I always remember when William and Harry spoke about their mothers death and said the last time she rang them they were busy playing and didnt speak to her long and that's one of their biggest regrets.
I remember this story as well. Some even say that Will was mad at Diana and wouldn't speak to her. Must be very tough when these kinds of things are your last interactions with a loved one.

• Heart
Reactions: 6