Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always liked Dodi and felt like he was discreet (as much as a super wealthy man can be, anyways), but you're right about his father being a bit obnoxious, but perhaps that's due to anger and grief at his son's passing? Either way, sad situation for everyone involved.

I have a lot of respect for Diana but I think she was a bit too arrogant in this instance and thought she could manipulate the press to her liking without any consequences. Obviously if you invite them into your life, expect them to write about the good and bad. I think she thought she could control their narrative but that's not how these things work. It's always an exchange and sacrifice in some way.
Yes I suppose she didnt live long enough to learn the hard way that the press will use you for a story, whether or not you think they are your friend or not. The press were far more powerful then too, before social media and before Levenson

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Meghan and Diana may have ‘outsider’ status in common but the gap between them is vast. I remember my American ex asking me “wasn’t Diana a ‘commoner’?” because the aristocracy doesn’t translate over there, he couldn’t grasp that she could be from a really rich family and still be considered common m. I had to explain yes, in the sense she wasn’t a royal. But she was from an extremely aristocratic family and life that might as well have been royal to most. Of course it was a big deal at the time and she was always made to feel an outsider from the worst royal snobs but actually Kate’s roots are far more modest (as far as upper middle class roots can be) but Meghan is a true outsider. I think she was able to give Harry a perspective that status and duty doesn’t matter that much when it’s making you miserable. Not that I’m not cynical of many of her motives. I think she tried the Royal life and decided it’s not worth the deal when the option to do your own thing, make your own money and control your image exists too. The move to LA just makes me roll my eyes like crazy tho. Quiet life out the spotlight eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Whether Diana would have warned Harry off of Meghan is irrelevant because I think Harry would have settled far sooner had she been alive.

Reactions: 8
Well I hope she was truly happy and in love for once in her life before she died 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Whether Diana would have warned Harry off of Meghan is irrelevant because I think Harry would have settled far sooner had she been alive.
Yeah for sure he would’ve been way more conventional. Still probably with a little ‘spare not heir’ angst to deal with but more similar to William’s bland personality. Harry was hugely traumatised, seemingly suffering for years without help or the ability to put it into words. I think he’d always have a nagging sense of being unfulfilled had she lived, but he never would have had the mental strength to challenge the institution (or even think of it as an option),or marry outside , let alone break away. He would have been able to accept the press intrusion as part of the deal and See them as people to work with rather than enemies.
Ironically I think going through that great tragedy gave him the opportunity to be truely happy later in his life. That’s my optimistic take on his situation anyway. And I don’t think he’s there yet , but it will be interesting to see how the next five years play out for these two. I’m still on the fence about who they are, but hope to make my mind up watching their next moves...

Reactions: 9
Anyone remember a man on the radio presenter talking about princess Diana walking around fine or somthing like then he died in a car accident that night we though it was so strange

Anyone remember a man on the radio presenter talking about princess Diana walking around fine or somthing like then he died in a car accident that night we though it was so strange
She was certainly conscious and able to talk immediately after the accident, if not walking, but she died from internal bleeding due to a ruptured major blood vessel so deteriorated quickly after that.

Reactions: 3
She was certainly conscious and able to talk immediately after the accident, if not walking, but she died from internal bleeding due to a ruptured major blood vessel so deteriorated quickly after that.
Right thank you I couldn’t remember all details I was young

Mike Dickin, I think. That was tragic just as he finished his show.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
What Blurp wrote above.

The thing is that car accidents like that lead to ruptured blood vessels and no one notices, the victim often walks and talks and even helps others and then drops dead. It's not uncommon, either.

Like many found Naya Rivera's death "strange", but it was a textbook drowning in an area where drowning accidents tend to happen. Few people know what drowning really looks like (very still, no splashing, not the Hollywood spectacle!) and that most drowning accidents happen in lakes and rivers around people and boats.

Same here, textbook ruptured vessel, wherein no one notices until it's too late.

I've read her organs where displaced due to the impact, no clue whether true, I guess that was discussed in the inquest and should be available. The walking around story I don't know how true, but certainly possible. If the organs were displaced, then I doubt she'd have been able to walk too soundly, but speaking is certainly within the realm of possibility.

I remember reading that she said "Oh my God, what happened?" 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
What about the letters she wrote stating she knew someone was going to murder her . Plus she was suffering with anorexia. So sad

What about the letters she wrote stating she knew someone was going to murder her . Plus she was suffering with anorexia. So sad
'Twas bulimia and that was from her engagement to mid-1980s, after that she became healthy and was very fit (healthy eating, working out). Which means a fit and healthy body which was more likely to survive an accident, to put it bluntly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I have never heard that she was walking around after the accident, but she did talk apparently

I have never heard that she was walking around after the accident, but she did talk apparently
I had been on a night out and our taxi driver told us about it and that dodi was dead so when we watched the news when we got in they said she had walked to the ambulance and just had a broken arm. Next morning it said she had died, so that was a bit of a shock! I don’t think she was killed though.

It’s like Elvis! People would never accept he had died either.

Reactions: 2
I do, i remember watching the news as it was unfolding (Long story short i was hiding upstairs from a mouse my cat had brought in 😱 and had fallen asleep with the tv on)
I definitely remember them saying she was out of the car and walking 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I thought that the ambulance was stationary in the Alma Tunnel for a long time while they tried to stabilise her? If she had walked to the ambulance, would she deteriorate that fast? I'm not a medic so I don't know.

I'm not doubting what you heard, just that first reports were very misleading about the severity of her injuries so that it was a shock to hear that she had died.

Reactions: 3
I thought that the ambulance was stationary in the Alma Tunnel for a long time while they tried to stabilise her? If she had walked to the ambulance, would she deteriorate that fast? I'm not a medic so I don't know.

I'm not doubting what you heard, just that first reports were very misleading about the severity of her injuries so that it was a shock to hear that she had died.
It is possible to detoriate that fast, however, as you say, many reports were misleading/wrong and some I think even said she was alive whilst others knew she wasn't anymore. In some docus on her life and that night, some insert some of the news reports and papers of that day and you had morning papers with partly opposite stories running ("she's fine" vs "she's dead").

Still haven't checked up on the "organs displaced due to impact" claim, but if that was right I doubt she'd have been able to walk.

Torn artery though, you walk around no problem, you bleed out internally but don't notice anything and then it's rather quick with fainting etc.

There's also the picture paps took of her in the backseat after the crash and she looks asleep, she's being given oxygen. Don't know whether she could've even walked to the ambulance, as clearly she wasn't well from the get go, conscious yes, but physically unwell.

Yeah for sure he would’ve been way more conventional. Still probably with a little ‘spare not heir’ angst to deal with but more similar to William’s bland personality. Harry was hugely traumatised, seemingly suffering for years without help or the ability to put it into words. I think he’d always have a nagging sense of being unfulfilled had she lived, but he never would have had the mental strength to challenge the institution (or even think of it as an option),or marry outside , let alone break away. He would have been able to accept the press intrusion as part of the deal and See them as people to work with rather than enemies.
Ironically I think going through that great tragedy gave him the opportunity to be truely happy later in his life. That’s my optimistic take on his situation anyway. And I don’t think he’s there yet , but it will be interesting to see how the next five years play out for these two. I’m still on the fence about who they are, but hope to make my mind up watching their next moves...
I agree with this. He was only 12 when she died. He probably thinks his life would have been perfect if only she hadn't died. So it's the press's fault that his life wasnt perfect, and the Royals fault. Then to see those same two groups treat his wife so badly when he has a son himself must have been terrifying.

Reactions: 7
This single page of this thread is a demonstration of gossip in a microcosm. Some heard this about Diana immediately after the accident, some remember something slightly differently... I think it’s perfectly conceivable there where conflicting reports going out at the time, as there always are immediately after a big incident. Plus it seems a fair few of us were pretty young , but no matter how old you were it’s over 20 years ago for everyone. Point being memory does play tricks, the Mandela effect is a psychological phenomenon however accurate you think your recollection is you have to accept your memory is fallable.
I say all this to mean there is nothing particularly suspicious or in the way of convincing evidence from media after her death that something nefarious happened. In some occasions we may remember wrong, in others the media conceivably had bad information.
I find the ‘walking around’rumour difficult to believe. But I think it’s likely that she was concious lieing there, like in the photo, and did say those words.
The very fact that photo exists should be evidence enough that the official version of events is the true one. She was hounded by a paparazzi pack so ruthless they very well could have driven her to her death - someone took a picture of her dieing. They clearly had no line they wouldn’t cross for an exclusive shot.
Sure we’ve all seen enough movies to imagine some shady operation led by prince Philip dedicated to taking her down and making it look like an accident. But the likelihood of that rests on who you think is the more dangerous institution- the royal family or the tabloid press? Or put it another way, what’s more important, life or death, avoiding embarassment or making money? History has proved the lengths humans will go if there is a market for it, but orchestrating a murder for an embarrassing ex wife? With Fergie our there alive and well to this day ?! They treated her appalling enough alive they may as well have left her for dead through their neglect, that’s for sure. But it’s not the same thing.

Reactions: 12
It is possible to detoriate that fast, however, as you say, many reports were misleading/wrong and some I think even said she was alive whilst others knew she wasn't anymore. In some docus on her life and that night, some insert some of the news reports and papers of that day and you had morning papers with partly opposite stories running ("she's fine" vs "she's dead").

Still haven't checked up on the "organs displaced due to impact" claim, but if that was right I doubt she'd have been able to walk.

Torn artery though, you walk around no problem, you bleed out internally but don't notice anything and then it's rather quick with fainting etc.

There's also the picture paps took of her in the backseat after the crash and she looks asleep, she's being given oxygen. Don't know whether she could've even walked to the ambulance, as clearly she wasn't well from the get go, conscious yes, but physically unwell.
I’m no medic, but I am pretty sure if you had been in an accident like that they would not let you walk until they had an idea about injuries, internal or otherwise.

• Heart