Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do we think about this article?

Regardless of content, there’s a reason they chose that photo
The fact that so many people who worked with Meghan prior to royal life have made a point of coming out and saying how kind she was (and that’s from cast mates to crew to people who just happened to be working near a set she was on) speaks volumes about who she really is. There wasn’t one negative story but suddenly she turned into a nightmare screaming at people? Something doesn’t add up.

The author’s book has a particular agenda to push, one that favours certain royals, and the media are going to jump on the negative things about Meghan because they’re desperate to put her back in her place after the positive reactions she had while in the UK these last couple of weeks.

I do think her ‘wake up at 5am and send emails and get things done’ work ethic was probably a sticking point with staffers who were used to how William and Kate work and I’m sure there were high stress moment but I also think this has been over exaggerated to create an image of a screaming bully (which happens to fit nicely into the racist stereotype of the aggressive black woman 😉)

Reactions: 17
Haven’t had much of a chance to post here!
Are there any updates? Have they gone back to America yet?
i have seen that the press have slightly slowed down on the coverage of these two which is something

Haven’t had much of a chance to post here!
Are there any updates? Have they gone back to America yet?
i have seen that the press have slightly slowed down on the coverage of these two which is something
i think they have gone back but there’s no proof of that! I suppose the press can’t rip her apart as much when she’s not visible. I think they’re still going for it though with news of how they want to edit their Netflix show to remove “jabs” at Will and Charles, one of their bodyguards has a history of domestic violence and how they could be worried they’re being edged out because their pictures are now low on the royal family website 😂

I believe I read somewhere that Meghan may be receiving an award for charitable endeavours at GQ Men of the Year Awards and if that’s the case she will be back in November. And her podcast should now be resuming episodes next week as the royal period of mourning is over

i think they have gone back but there’s no proof of that! I suppose the press can’t rip her apart as much when she’s not visible. I think they’re still going for it though with news of how they want to edit their Netflix show to remove “jabs” at Will and Charles, one of their bodyguards has a history of domestic violence and how they could be worried they’re being edged out because their pictures are now low on the royal family website 😂

I believe I read somewhere that Meghan may be receiving an award for charitable endeavours at GQ Men of the Year Awards and if that’s the case she will be back in November. And her podcast should now be resuming episodes next week as the royal period of mourning is over
That’s fair enough! I suppose it’s a good thing that the news commentary on whether she coughed or wore *shock horror* a black dress to a funeral has stopped/slowed down.

I did see that about them being low down on their website, like so what? People were saying “good, they deserve it” but ultimately Harry is low down in the line of succession, so I can’t imagine they’d be higher up on the website anyway?

This should be the end for the Mail. But it won’t be

So glad they’ve teamed up with other public figures to do this. Dread to think what sort of security breaches they’ve had in recent years. It’s all very sinister.

Reactions: 6
So glad I found this thread. Sick of the hate, I've always been a fan of these 2. Harry's protective streak is both raw and endearing 💜

Reactions: 9
So glad I found this thread. Sick of the hate, I've always been a fan of these 2. Harry's protective streak is both raw and endearing 💜
Agreed, and if you think about what happened to him mum due to the media, who can blame him!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve seen so many comments today saying she should be more humble… Was it because she said she could cure world hunger or she knew the cure for cancer? No! It’s because she said she’s good at scrabble! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think a lot of the problems with celebs, royals and influencers is that they might put one step “wrong”, and then the general public create an image of who they are. With Meghan, the general public didn’t like the Oprah interview (but they didn’t like her before that), so now the image they’ve created is that she’s manipulative and ungrateful. Sure, you may not agree with everything she’s done but painting a picture of who she is and that she’s toxic for deciding to do something is bizarre to me.

It does make me laugh when I read comments on the daily mail etc where they say “Diana would be turning in her grave” or “Diana would never let Harry marry her. It’s like they forget WHO Diana was and what she stood for. Meghan and Diana have similarities, neither of them liked the RF as a business but liked the family themselves.

I do wonder if a lot of the hatred for Meghan especially, is that she just doesn’t like to conform to what it means to be a traditional royal. You know, like it’s totally ok to be a weirdo but GOD FORBID Meghan has passion projects.

Reactions: 10
Going off that, I think another problem is that Meghan is now seen as a ‘complainer’ who won’t let things go or wants to keep ‘going after’ TRF when they don’t directly comment on her.

Part of that is on Meghan and her team for their communication strategy. That is, the Oprah interview was a huge moment and there will always be people that don‘t like that they did it, and others who support them because of it. But that was their chance to lay it on the table and then move on. Like, by all means keep complaining to your friends and therapist and whoever, but in terms of PR, that was the opportunity to say what you think is most important. In my view, The Cut interview was a mistake because she did purposefully keep up these obscure hints (or more direct accusations) because I think she misjudged the overall public’s capacity to keep being receptive to complaints and stories about her few years as a Royal. She also can’t claim that she has moved on and doesn’t want to talk about it when she is the one talking about it. (Add to this things like the story she told on her podcast about South Africa, etc., and the overall vibe she has on each episode that she wants to address the way she’s been maligned).

However, the other part of it IS unfair because Meghan really has no way to appear or speak in public anymore without the press picking up certain random things and running with it and making it look as though Meghan has gone on another tirade when she hasn’t. For example, when she talked about just being objectified eye candy on Deal or No Deal, in my view that was completely fair and accurate. But the story becomes ‘Meghan complains about her treatment yet again!’ It’s taken out of context completely.

Reactions: 4
Going off that, I think another problem is that Meghan is now seen as a ‘complainer’ who won’t let things go or wants to keep ‘going after’ TRF when they don’t directly comment on her.

Part of that is on Meghan and her team for their communication strategy. That is, the Oprah interview was a huge moment and there will always be people that don‘t like that they did it, and others who support them because of it. But that was their chance to lay it on the table and then move on. Like, by all means keep complaining to your friends and therapist and whoever, but in terms of PR, that was the opportunity to say what you think is most important. In my view, The Cut interview was a mistake because she did purposefully keep up these obscure hints (or more direct accusations) because I think she misjudged the overall public’s capacity to keep being receptive to complaints and stories about her few years as a Royal. She also can’t claim that she has moved on and doesn’t want to talk about it when she is the one talking about it. (Add to this things like the story she told on her podcast about South Africa, etc., and the overall vibe she has on each episode that she wants to address the way she’s been maligned).

However, the other part of it IS unfair because Meghan really has no way to appear or speak in public anymore without the press picking up certain random things and running with it and making it look as though Meghan has gone on another tirade when she hasn’t. For example, when she talked about just being objectified eye candy on Deal or No Deal, in my view that was completely fair and accurate. But the story becomes ‘Meghan complains about her treatment yet again!’ It’s taken out of context completely.
I understand what you’re saying. I think she’s trying to position herself as an honest figure but she doesn’t need to divulge everything. But I’ve seen so many clickbait articles about how she felt reduced to a “bimbo” on deal or no deal, even one that went as far to say that even though she felt that way, she featured as an extra in 90210 performing an implied sexual act - are the daily Mail forgetting about Harry’s younger indulgences too? At least Meg’s was to further her career. Truly it seems very sexist to me

Reactions: 3
I understand what you’re saying. I think she’s trying to position herself as an honest figure but she doesn’t need to divulge everything. But I’ve seen so many clickbait articles about how she felt reduced to a “bimbo” on deal or no deal, even one that went as far to say that even though she felt that way, she featured as an extra in 90210 performing an implied sexual act - are the daily Mail forgetting about Harry’s younger indulgences too? At least Meg’s was to further her career. Truly it seems very sexist to me
Yes and Meghan was a young working actress in the early-mid 2000s… truly somewhat of a hellscape for a young woman and not like she had her choice of ‘empowering’ roles from which to choose, especially given that as a nobody, you kind of have to take whatever to get a speaking role or be have a network tv spot on your CV or just get paid tbh. Hell, even actresses who DID have options were still objectified.

It’s entirely reasonable for an actress to look back now at work they did and have thoughts or opinions on it. Also, the Deal or No Deal ‘models’ were super cringey… and again a relic of that time on reality TV… god forbid she herself admit she knew it was cringey and objectifying. And even as a NON actress, as women don’t we all have things we look back on like “that was kind of fucked up, but…”

Anyway, but unfortunately there are people who will just see Meghan as ‘complaining’ or being so-called ‘woke’ lol, and the tabloid press has picked up on that and will now do everything to frame stories about her in that way.

Reactions: 5
She’s currently trending on twitter for reasons I don’t know. Saying she has rebranded her podcast (I’ve not seen a difference?) and some have said about the recent article. But there’s no specific thing to have her trending

I don’t understand why people take inflammatory headlines as gospel even now. Saying that she has said these things herself when there’s no proof of that, or insinuating XYZ based on something taken out of context

Reactions: 2
I think Tuesday is my new favourite day because Meghan’s podcast comes out and everybody gets maaaad

Reactions: 1
I think Tuesday is my new favourite day because Meghan’s podcast comes out and everybody gets maaaad
Oh, could that be why she trends? I catch up whenever so never know when they actually come out. I see a narrative online that her podcast should be her guests interviewing Meghan with how much she talks about herself?! I don’t think she talks about herself much at all, no more than you would in a regular conversation. She offers little tidbits like “yeah I relate, because of xyz” but she always keeps it brief and then moves on.

Perhaps she has just brainwashed and manipulated me as well as Harry. 😂 #PersonallyvictimisedbyMeghanMarkle

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.