Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For all we know, she was papped on her hike a few days ago but the publications decided to publish now to try and cause a stir

Reactions: 17
For all we know, she was papped on her hike a few days ago but the publications decided to publish now to try and cause a stir
Exactly! I don’t get how a person hiking would overshadow a whole ass coronation anyway. If she actually did announce that she was pregnant the same day, then I’d see their point. But contrary to what people believe, they do have some tact plus I can imagine there’s RF rules/protocol about announcing stuff like that?

Reactions: 7
The coverage of this paparazzi chase has already become absolutely grotesque.

“Entertainment picture agency Backgrid issued a statement saying it was investigating the conduct of several freelance photographers, but that their initial account of events differed to that of the Sussexes.
"The photographers have reported feeling that the couple was not in immediate danger at any point," it said.”

Yes, the photographers would say that wouldn’t they. 😑 I would be livid if my life was put in danger by paps and then I was gaslit about it on the world’s stage.

Reactions: 10
To me it also sounded very much like pedestrians and other people on the streets were in danger because the paparazzi drove on the sidewalks, that's crazy!

Reactions: 6
The coverage of this paparazzi chase has already become absolutely grotesque.

“Entertainment picture agency Backgrid issued a statement saying it was investigating the conduct of several freelance photographers, but that their initial account of events differed to that of the Sussexes.
"The photographers have reported feeling that the couple was not in immediate danger at any point," it said.”

Yes, the photographers would say that wouldn’t they. 😑 I would be livid if my life was put in danger by paps and then I was gaslit about it on the world’s stage.
God, even if they were „not in immediate danger“, being chased must be a terrible, threatening feeling. If they were in danger or not isn’t relevant at all.
It must be SO terrible, reliving what your mother was murdered with.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It's horrendous - imagine if the worst had happened and those two kids lost the three most important people to them all in one go, pedestrians etc had been injured or killed. Doesn't bear thinking about. However, I do think H&M's team need to be a bit smarter about planning their exit from events like this - they managed to and from the Portland to have Archie without any of the paps finding out, thanks to smart use of vans and underground exits. Of course the paps shouldn't be behaving like this, but top priority is their own safety and their security team need to be on top of things a bit better in my view.

Reactions: 6
The story doesn’t make much sense to me as someone who lived there. A chase through Manhattan in what’s always gridlocked traffic no matter what time seems unlikely never mind for 2 hours. I think this is why the story is being doubted by many

The story doesn’t make much sense to me as someone who lived there. A chase through Manhattan in what’s always gridlocked traffic no matter what time seems unlikely never mind for 2 hours. I think this is why the story is being doubted by many
I can definitely understand that, perhaps it was exaggerated or something like that. They said they’re handing the footage they have over to the NYPD. The different events of this chase are so weird - I think I read the NYPD basically said it wasn’t dangerous, but then the mayor said it was very dangerous?? Which is it y’all

Reactions: 3
I can definitely understand that, perhaps it was exaggerated or something like that. They said they’re handing the footage they have over to the NYPD. The different events of this chase are so weird - I think I read the NYPD basically said it wasn’t dangerous, but then the mayor said it was very dangerous?? Which is it y’all
Exactly. The varying stories aren’t doing them any favors and I really hope there isn’t exaggeration going on because that would he a pretty crappy thing to do. But the mayor will play political ball the NYPD won’t.

Reactions: 4
I don't know, I saw the daily mail this morning with headlines about how the truth of this needs to be discovered or some nonsense. But the daily mail were also the first paper to publish the exclusive pictures from the paps and then pulled the story when statements were released about the paps chasing the car. It is in the DM's interest to kick up enough fuss to obscure the truth if they were the ones paying the paps to get these pictures.

People are reading "two hour car chase" like it was a scene out of the Fast and Furious of constant two hours high speed chase through a city, but I read it as the paps followed at speed, Sussex security and driver tried to evade them, the paps kept following, Sussex went to the police and stayed there to try to shake the paps, switched car into a taxi, sent their own car out to try to lead the paps away, entire event lasted two hours. I do think it would be frightening given how Diana died being chased by paps, and there was no reason for paps to follow them to a private residence as loads of photos were taken earlier in the night at the event they were attending. I think the paps thought as Harry, Meghan and Doria all were in the New York that the kids were probably there too and wanted exclusive photos of them.

It adds to the fear as a stalker was also arrested at their home on the same day, and the court cases are still ongoing against the papers in the UK. I think this was a bit of flexing to show H&M that they can still be got at and try to force him to settle his court cases.

(I have spent way to long thinking about this)

Reactions: 10
I don't know, I saw the daily mail this morning with headlines about how the truth of this needs to be discovered or some nonsense. But the daily mail were also the first paper to publish the exclusive pictures from the paps and then pulled the story when statements were released about the paps chasing the car. It is in the DM's interest to kick up enough fuss to obscure the truth if they were the ones paying the paps to get these pictures.

People are reading "two hour car chase" like it was a scene out of the Fast and Furious of constant two hours high speed chase through a city, but I read it as the paps followed at speed, Sussex security and driver tried to evade them, the paps kept following, Sussex went to the police and stayed there to try to shake the paps, switched car into a taxi, sent their own car out to try to lead the paps away, entire event lasted two hours. I do think it would be frightening given how Diana died being chased by paps, and there was no reason for paps to follow them to a private residence as loads of photos were taken earlier in the night at the event they were attending. I think the paps thought as Harry, Meghan and Doria all were in the New York that the kids were probably there too and wanted exclusive photos of them.

It adds to the fear as a stalker was also arrested at their home on the same day, and the court cases are still ongoing against the papers in the UK. I think this was a bit of flexing to show H&M that they can still be got at and try to force him to settle his court cases.

(I have spent way to long thinking about this)
I’m with you here. I too was confused when I first read about it, being “chased for two hours” does make you think the fast and furious type at high speed. But you can still be chased/followed and still get stuck in traffic, that feeling of danger and fear will be there whether you’re going at high speed or at a stand still. I don’t know if H&M used that language or if the papers did to cause a negative reaction (which it has.) If I’m understanding how it went down correctly, I’d have used the word “chase” also.

I’ve read online that apparently H&M have a documentary about Diana’s crash coming out, do they wanted footage and planned this stunt. Is this true that there’s a documentary coming out about the crash? I’ve literally never heard of it bar people who hate them (mainly her) who claim it’s happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think the spokesperson has fanned the flames with that statement. It’s fair too emotive and descriptive for a press statement.
If they had said something like:
“Last night, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Ms. Ragland were pursued for over two hours by aggressive paparazzi which resulted in near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers.”
I think that would have got their point across much better. The previous statement doesn’t seem to add up to what actually happened (not denying that the paparazzi weren’t causing problems).

Reactions: 2
I stumbled across the weirdest hate thread I’ve ever seen when searching for info about this.

Anyway, considering they think that H&M create stories, their fans certainly have a knack for creative writing too. They truly believe that because the car chase “stunt” didn’t “work”, that she’ll make Harry OD 🙃 it’s really unhinged.

I am just baffled that this car “chase” is being debated if it happened or not, based on semantics about if they were actually being “chased”🙄 is it really that hard to believe that paparazzi would do this?!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Where do they go from here? Their PR is a mess but they’ve still got their lives in front of them. How do they turn it around?. Looking for some balanced, non-conspiracy answers, that’s why I’m asking here!

Reactions: 2
Where do they go from here? Their PR is a mess but they’ve still got their lives in front of them. How do they turn it around?. Looking for some balanced, non-conspiracy answers, that’s why I’m asking here!
They’re going to get monstered in the press every time they breathe for as long as the court case runs, so they need to lay low. The tabloid papers are deeply invested in discrediting H&M with the public, so anything they do will get criticised.
I guess it depends on if Harry and the others win the case?
If I were H&M I’d just stay at home for a bit and keep doing charity stuff behind the scenes, but realistically they shouldn’t have to stay in their house all the time.

I’m curious to see what happens after the court case - Harry won’t need to visit the UK anymore and there won’t be any more big royal events to do the “will they won’t they attend” narrative about until Charles dies, so I’m hoping press interest in them will die down? But maybe that’s wishful thinking.
---
I stumbled across the weirdest hate thread I’ve ever seen when searching for info about this.

Anyway, considering they think that H&M create stories, their fans certainly have a knack for creative writing too. They truly believe that because the car chase “stunt” didn’t “work”, that she’ll make Harry OD 🙃 it’s really unhinged.

I am just baffled that this car “chase” is being debated if it happened or not, based on semantics about if they were actually being “chased”🙄 is it really that hard to believe that paparazzi would do this?!
These people are all unhinged, they live in a fantasy land.

Last edited:
Is their PR really that much of a mess though? Unless I’m missing something! Obviously a spokesperson said about the car chase situation which is pretty normal. With stuff like this, I always think what if this happened to people who are generally more “liked” such as Will and Kate? I don’t think anyone would question it. I don’t usually like “whataboutism” but it’s right that it’s not something that would be questioned by the media and public.