Primrose Hill Gang #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just going to say Pearl Lowes autobiography is a good un, even though she’s a horrible groupie hag. I’ve read Sadie Frosts but I can’t remember much about it. I actually think SF was quite talented as an actress and could have been much bigger than she was but she was more interested in playing the little wifey to Jude Law. I don’t think there’s much in there about why they split up, but PL hints in hers that it was because they all did a bit of wife swapping and Jude Law fell in love with PL. The only thing that stuck in my head from SF’s is that her dad was a bit bonkers and wouldn’t let her eat crisps if they had that green colour in them they sometimes do because they were poisonous (or something like that).

I would LOVE for Kate Moss to write a no holds autobiography but I can’t ever see that happening.
Pearl Lowe seems pretty talentless, she used to be in Hello mag a lot. Her band Powder was awful and never made an impact.
Her hubby Danny Goffey seemed lovely on Masterchef, however.

I've mixed feelings on Sadie Frost, I think she might be a decent person but not sure. Her lifestyle seemed a bit seedy.

Reactions: 11
Surely she hasn’t run out of money? Maybe she craves attention more than we know :)
She funded her Cosmoss range herself. You will find that she is advertising Tommy Hilfiger. Nothing against him or his brand, but it isn't the best of pret a porter, is it? Then again, Kate has always loved her money, but has managed not to look as "ravenous" as the average "not used to much" rapper. Her "cool" is because she kept her gob shut.

However, we will see and hear even more of her because she will live the lifestyle that she has customised for herself and keeping her gob shut and cool editorials will not enable her to make the money needed for that, alone. As she said in her September Vogue UK interview, modelling is "a means to an end". There has been a blind item about her sleeping with a South American after a wedding in South America that she went to with her current boyfriend. And I will never forget the late Sebastian Horsley, no walk in the park himself saying that Kate Moss is very greedy and will do anything for money. He denied her a photo spread of him and her ; her being the groupie who knows/ has touched the hand yet another " enfant terrible" that is older than her. He wasn't having it.

Being cool made her money. She is getting on now and she will open her mouth and "slum" in order to make money. Being nice has worked well for her. She did a catwalk for Tommy Hilfiger in her "gotta get my face known" days when she l was modelling and living in New York as a young model in the 90s. Tommy Hilfiger must pinch himself; he got Kate and Lila both in his latest advertising campaign. Saying that , you can tell that Kate is the only model out of all the people in the campaign, including her daughter.
She'll rake it in until the day she dies. Her being a modelling and talent agent was the best diversion in her middle aged portfolio. She feeds the machine that made her and that she has made a lot of money for. Regurgitation and regeneration. She kopped on well about the business straight after having to tearfully take her top off in Camber sands for Corinne Day. She negotiated her own Calvin Klein contract in a car ride, for gawd's sake!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Pearl Lowe seems pretty talentless, she used to be in Hello mag a lot. Her band Powder was awful and never made an impact.
Her hubby Danny Goffey seemed lovely on Masterchef, however.

I've mixed feelings on Sadie Frost, I think she might be a decent person but not sure. Her lifestyle seemed a bit seedy.
I bought Pearl’s autobiography on eBay last year, and read it. I later found another copy on my shelf that I’d bought (and read!) when it was first published. Clearly forgettable enough for me to just not remember reading it 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She funded her Cosmoss range herself. You will find that she is advertising Tommy Hilfiger. Nothing against him or his brand, but it isn't the best of pret a porter, is it? Then again, Kate has always loved her money, but has managed not to look as "ravenous" as the average "not used to much" rapper. Her "cool" is because she kept her gob shut.

However, we will see and hear even more of her because she will live the lifestyle that she has customised for herself and keeping her gob shut and cool editorials will not enable her to make the money needed for that, alone. As she said in her September Vogue UK interview, modelling is "a means to an end". There has been a blind item about her sleeping with a South American after a wedding in South America that she went to with her current boyfriend. And I will never forget the late Sebastian Horsley, no walk in the park himself saying that Kate Moss is very greedy and will do anything for money. He denied her a photo spread of him and her ; her being the groupie who knows/ has touched the hand yet another " enfant terrible" that is older than her. He wasn't having it.

Being cool made her money. She is getting on now and she will open her mouth and "slum" in order to make money. Being nice has worked well for her. She did a catwalk for Tommy Hilfiger in her "gotta get my face known" days when she l was modelling and living in New York as a young model in the 90s. Tommy Hilfiger must pinch himself; he got Kate and Lila both in his latest advertising campaign. Saying that , you can tell that Kate is the only model out of all the people in the campaign, including her daughter.
She'll rake it in until the day she dies. Her being a modelling and talent agent was the best diversion in her middle aged portfolio. She feeds the machine that made her and that she has made a lot of money for. Regurgitation and regeneration. She kopped on well about the business straight after having to tearfully take her top off in Camber sands for Corinne Day. She negotiated her own Calvin Klein contract in a car ride, for gawd's sake!
I am not sure I see what's wrong with that. She is business-savvy?

Good for her, models (like dancers) usually have a short career, so good for her for branching out into other industries and having multiple income streams.

Ii am not sure this is "greedy", she is still supportive of friends and does the odd charity thing. She just seems business-minded.

Reactions: 9
I am not sure I see what's wrong with that. She is business-savvy?

Good for her, models (like dancers) usually have a short career, so good for her for branching out into other industries and having multiple income streams.

Ii am not sure this is "greedy", she is still supportive of friends and does the odd charity thing. She just seems business-minded.
What I meant is that her "cool " factor isn't innate; it is a money making tool that can be dispelled if she needs more money. Her thing has always been "not try too hard", when that is the furthest thing from the truth.

Reactions: 10
Wow is that her official instagram account? Never seen it haha
It’s not her official one, she doesn’t really have one apart from her agency one, but this one seems to track her down quite effectively via her friends posting pics of her 🤣

Reactions: 2
I hate how she’s wearing her hair at the moment (sure she’ll be devastated to hear this! 😂) Its so ageing, makes her look like some grand old dame 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hate how she’s wearing her hair at the moment (sure she’ll be devastated to hear this! 😂) Its so ageing, makes her look like some grand old dame 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’ve always hated her hair, James Brown is not only a racist twit, but a tit hairdresser to boot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Kate M has been photographed in the country side with a friend and she was hiding her mouth under her scarf, it is pretty obvious she had her lips done and she also had a kind of face lift a while ago.

Strange though, that James Brown has worked with tons of huge celebs and has been hired several times by major magazines, when he is apparently so "tit".

I know I am swimming against the stream here - and I have nothing against gossip or criticism - but I feel that sometimes comments are way below the line and downright nasty. These celebs are still people and they did make a success out of their looks /skill, some of the mean comments sound a bit bitter to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I get what you’re saying but I think most people on here are KM fans and most observations about her are pretty constructive. But at the same time, this is a gossip website 🤷🏼‍♀️ I also very much doubt anyone being discussed here will read these comments! 😂

Reactions: 11
I know it is a gossip website, but there is a difference between gossiping (which includes saying you don't like something or someone) and spitting vitriol and poison.

You never know where people are reading, Caroline Flack was obviously very troubled by what people said of her, but it even brings me down to read this about other people.

But ultimately you are right, if anyone would be interested in our opinion we would have our own column in a paper and not write here
Vitriol and poison? Is that aimed at me for calling James Brown a racist, and a tit hairdresser? One is a proven fact, caught on videotape,- unless you consider calling a poc a ‘n***** and his partner a n***** witch acceptable? Perhaps you do.
The other is my opinion, I don’t like his hairstyling and I think Kates hair always looks miles better when styled by other people. If reading bitchy comments about celebrities upsets you so much and brings you down, I’m seriously confused by you joining and reading Tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Vitriol and poison? Is that aimed at me for calling James Brown a racist, and a tit hairdresser? One is a proven fact, caught on videotape,- unless you consider calling a poc a ‘n***** and his partner a n***** witch acceptable? Perhaps you do.
The other is my opinion, I don’t like his hairstyling and I think Kates hair always looks miles better when styled by other people. If reading bitchy comments about celebrities upsets you so much and brings you down, I’m seriously confused by you joining and reading Tattle.
I am sorry I confused you ;)
As I have explained, I think there is a difference between gossiping and "bitching" and being downright nasty. This is my opinion ;)

I have already shared my views on James Brown and don't want to elaborate on it again and bring the thread down.
Was there even credit given to the stylist in this photo?

As to your comment "perhaps you do": don't even go there.
I am not coming down on your level.

On a different note - I ordered the Cosmoss range today, wanted a mid-month pick-me-up. Curious to see what it is like!

Reactions: 4

Comparing the tragedy of Caroline Flack to (rightly) calling James Brown a racist twit and saying that Kate has tit hair (she does, it always looks greasy to me) says more about that poster than you. Passive aggressive holier than thou comments are ten a penny.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Comparing the tragedy of Caroline Flack to (rightly) calling James Brown a racist twit and saying that Kate has tit hair (she does, it always looks greasy to me) says more about that poster than you. Passive aggressive holier than thou comments are ten a penny.
You are just as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

My comments are not passive aggressive (which fyi means: indirectly expressing negative feelings, avoidance of direct confrontation), they state quite directly that I find some of the comments below the belt and I don't perceive them to be "gossip", but just plain nasty and nasty comments are "ten a penny" in my view.

You are free to dislike anyone's hair, but calling JB a "tit hairdresser" is simply not true as his track record proves and he has not been convicted of a hate crime, which is what racism is, so I doubt anyone is "rightly" calling him so. Whilst I accept it might be you opinion it is not the universal truth.

This is just tearing people down, as it happened to Caroline Flack. You are free to look at the earlier threats and see what has been said about her and by whom. She was torn to shreds and when she killed herself the mood suddenly turned and it was the "press" that was "unkind".

JB is friends with KM, as is John Galliano, and she stood by both of them and on the Desert Island Discs podcasts she said: "people are not themselves when they are drunk" and this is a much more differentiated view than the recent comments on here.

Ironically, Ben Douglas (who was on the receiving end of JB's violent rant) was once called a racist himself, for the way he spoke about interracial adoption (he was adopted by white parents as far as I know).

An incident of bad behaviour does not make someone a bad person and KM seems to see that and doesn't cancel people, which I appreciate about her even though I didn't like some of her recent looks. I think her hair looks good though.

I do not wish to debate this further (and it seems OT) but at the same do not accept unwarranted attacks on me.

You are just as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

My comments are not passive aggressive (which fyi means: indirectly expressing negative feelings, avoidance of direct confrontation), they state quite directly that I find some of the comments below the belt and I don't perceive them to be "gossip", but just plain nasty and nasty comments are "ten a penny" in my view.

You are free to dislike anyone's hair, but calling JB a "tit hairdresser" is simply not true as his track record proves and he has not been convicted of a hate crime, which is what racism is, so I doubt anyone is "rightly" calling him so. Whilst I accept it might be you opinion it is not the universal truth.

This is just tearing people down, as it happened to Caroline Flack. You are free to look at the earlier threats and see what has been said about her and by whom. She was torn to shreds and when she killed herself the mood suddenly turned and it was the "press" that was "unkind".

JB is friends with KM, as is John Galliano, and she stood by both of them and on the Desert Island Discs podcasts she said: "people are not themselves when they are drunk" and this is a much more differentiated view than the recent comments on here.

Ironically, Ben Douglas (who was on the receiving end of JB's violent rant) was once called a racist himself, for the way he spoke about interracial adoption (he was adopted by white parents as far as I know).

An incident of bad behaviour does not make someone a bad person and KM seems to see that and doesn't cancel people, which I appreciate about her even though I didn't like some of her recent looks. I think her hair looks good though.

I do not wish to debate this further (and it seems OT) but at the same do not accept unwarranted attacks on me.

It was not an 'unwarrated attack'. I find it disgusting that you conflate Caroline Flack's suicide with us criticising Kate Moss's hairdresser. & I have been very drunk in my lifetime and have never made racist comments, mainly because I'm not a racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It was not an 'unwarrated attack'. I find it disgusting that you conflate Caroline Flack's suicide with us criticising Kate Moss's hairdresser. & I have been very drunk in my lifetime and have never made racist comments, mainly because I'm not a racist.
I didn't compare CF's suicide with the "criticism" of JB, but I compared how she was treated publicly (and also on this forum) to how JB and KM ("she looks like an axxxxx") are being treated here right now.
CF was also called a "twit" if I remember correctly, amongst other things, and when she killed herself it was suddenly all "tragic". As with JB, a drunken and violent incident was relentlessly held against her and her whole character was vilified (she was called "a domestic abuser", "aggressive", "unstable", "a man eater" etc etc). This is documented, I am not making it up.
Why do you think she killed herself?

(You also called my comments passive aggressive, which they were not, and the user I initially addressed hinted that I might approve of JB's comments and find them "acceptable" - I call this an unwarranted attack on me.)
I guess we have to agree to disagree and I need to go and wash my hair now.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I didn't compare CF's suicide with the "criticism" of JB, but I compared how she was treated publicly (and also on this forum) to how JB and KM ("she looks like an axxxxx") are being treated here right now.
CF was also called a "twit" if I remember correctly, amongst other things, and when she killed herself it was suddenly all "tragic". As with JB, a drunken and violent incident was relentlessly held against her and her whole character was vilified (she was called "a domestic abuser", "aggressive", "unstable", "a man eater" etc etc). This is documented, I am not making it up.
Why do you think she killed herself?

(You also called my comments passive aggressive, which they were not, and the user I initially addressed hinted that I might approve of JB's comments and find them "acceptable" - I call this an unwarranted attack on me.)
I guess we have to agree to disagree and I need to go and wash my hair now.

I think Caroline Flack killed herself because she had a multitude of mental health issues and had attempted suicide before. She was extremely fragile and the incident with Lewis Burton and the subsequent press coverage tipped her over the edge. I don't know for sure of course, none of us do, but she was a very complex woman behind the 'bubbly' TV persona. Sure, social media and the media in general probably played a part in worsening her state of mind.

James Brown made racist comments, I find that abhorrent and remain happy in my opinion that he is a racist piece of tit. By your logic, any criticism of any celebrity might lead them to kill themselves, in which case any negative comments should be banned. That's your prerogative of course. Also, the fact that Moss remains friends with 2 disgusting racists - him and Galliano, tells me all I need to know about her as a person. You can jump up and down and make as many comparisons to Flack as you like but IMHO, it is very distasteful and borderline hysterical to just assume any negative comments will lead to a similar outcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.