Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lexi88

For anyone wondering about getting an owlet sock ours has just alarmed properly for the first time and justified every penny it cost. He’s fine now but was holding his breath in his sleep. A quick jiggle and a big gasp when it started alarming sorted him out but if it hadn’t gone off I might not have realised because he’s quite a quiet sleeper anyway 😩

View attachment 3017811
Did you get the camera too or just the sock? I have been back and forth on whether to get one but after seeing this I think I will definitely invest!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I wouldn’t. Because it’s slanted it feels like he slides down it a bit when he wriggles, and I always worry it’s cold on his little head when I put him on it at night.

I much prefer the fabric mamas and papas one we have on the dining table because I like that he has a little pillow on it and it’s never cold to touch unlike the plastic ones

Reactions: 1

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I have a yellow book as my trust doesn't do any of the apps.

I didn't realise we get home visits! We have a renovation going on at the moment so hopefully that'll all be done before anyone visits.

Laughalong

VIP Member
Sometimes I get a bit sad I won’t initially have the same last name as baby. To be honest it’s just when I get bored and run out of things to think about 😂

I’d have been proposed to this Autumn if it wasn’t for baby’s intermittent arrival. I know OH wants to marry me, so it’s not like I’m sad for that reason. I’m also never asking for a proposal or lowering ring standards to get one sooner. So I need to suck it up 😂.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
@Laughalong just seen a post on girlsmouth on FB about loads of girls getting that PLT email! Surely it’s an error??? why would loads of people be getting it? Even someone said they barely return stuff and got it!

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
How many people have done an antenatal course (in person)? I’ve just found out ours has been canceled which is so annoying, it was a 10 min walk from us and was counting on it to learn and also meet other couples nearby. 😔😔

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
Someone mentioned a pregnancy app the other day that I intended on downloading but can’t for the life of me remember the name.

Laughalong

VIP Member
I’m confused I just spent ages adding all the pics of our relationship so far as a birthday present and it’s come to like £40 lol. So can you only have a 20 odd page one for free??

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Hahaha yeah, all that down time she'll have while they are asleep 🤪🤪🤪 she's a hoot.
BIL’s twins are formula fed and they take one each all day and still have no time to themselves 🤣 she’s attempting breastfeeding so she’s got no chance of even sitting down to scoff her dinner without a baby attached to her nevermind a lovely relaxing evening with her prepped cauli cheese meal 🤣

Ash can’t cook tho cus he might have to change a nappy. Changing a nappy definitely takes the same length of time as cooking a meal. 🙄

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Sometimes I get a bit sad I won’t initially have the same last name as baby. To be honest it’s just when I get bored and run out of things to think about 😂

I’d have been proposed to this Autumn if it wasn’t for baby’s intermittent arrival. I know OH wants to marry me, so it’s not like I’m sad for that reason. I’m also never asking for a proposal or lowering ring standards to get one sooner. So I need to suck it up 😂.
Isn’t there some thing about baby needing the same surname as Mum in terms of travel/legal documents?

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Has anyone had a pregnancy massage? Are they worth it?
I’ve had one, I’m a big massage person as I have arthritic joints and it really helps. I wasn’t blown away tbh, I find the best part of a massage is being able to totally switch off and basically fall asleep. With the pregnancy one I had to move around a lot and the first 30 mins was her doing my back and neck, which involved me sitting on the side of the bed hugging a pillow. You’re not able to relax your muscles as much as you’re sitting up, so I didn’t feel as many benefits. If I got something again I’d probably get an Indian head massage and/or neck and shoulder massage where you can lie down. Not sure if there are better options out there - I have seen some offered where I think you lie on each side, so it’s more relaxing.

On the subject of muscle pain I’m also seeing an osteopath which has been amazing, it’s not relaxing but really solves muscle tightness.