Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aggytha

VIP Member
only just found the off topic thread again and caught up!

so pleased for you guys @odetotheseaweed, one of each 😭❤💙

I can’t believe how similar our experiences have been @littlepup! Not only are our eldest the same age and we both got pregnant at the same time with these babies, but we also went into labour the night before our planned sections 🤣 how is your recovery so far? I think I spoke a little too soon when I said I felt better than I did after my first section 😂 don’t get me wrong- I definitely felt better initially on a physical and emotional level, but within a few days once the stronger pain relief wore off it really started to hit me! I’ve just got such discomfort on one side of my scar (apparently the side where they’ve tied it off) it feels so tight and bruised! I don’t remember it being like that last time. Any other c-sec ladies experienced this?

edit to add a sneak peak of bubbas 🙈
IMG_7736.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

littlepup

VIP Member
Thank you ladies 🩵
I was tempted to update on the way to the hospital but thought that might be a bit silly plus I was frantically trying to find a contraction timer 🙈

I feel a bit numb still tbh, mentally and physically. I went 0-100 so fast with labour and I never expected that. Feel a right dick I ever thought I wanted natural labour and a section now because the elective would have been soooo much better. It was worse than my induction in terms of pain and speed. I didn’t cope well with the pain tbh, forgot any of the breathing stuff because I hadn’t looked since last time 🤦🏼‍♀️ Even though I thought I’d go early (was 38+6 same as with 1st), not in a million did I think I’d go fast. My blood pressure was causing a problem getting the anaesthetic done, I was on the verge of passing out, so it was just, a lot.

I’m so happy but so tired I’m delirious, but I can’t stop looking at LO and I’m missing my oldest. I think I need a good sleep and everything will be right.

IMG_4635.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19

littlepup

VIP Member
How are you feeling @littlepup - last day as a family of three!
Well, little one had other ideas!
My waters went at 2.30am and after a frantic but thankfully short labour, I’m now feeding them on the ward.
I still got the c-section but as an emergency, it was going so quickly, I was panicking I wouldn’t get it.
I’ll update with a pic later x

• Heart
  • Wow

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Cross posting with the main thread so apologies to anyone who sees it twice (or more, if you frequent the TS thread too 😂)

We had our gender scan today and we are having one of each 💙🩷 an Ode and an Odette! Lots of happy tears

• Heart

George01

Chatty Member
We've just got home and ny 2 year old is in love already, keeps going over to the moses basket and saying awwww the baby and trying to say his name 😭😭
I'm just feeling very overwhelmed right now!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

George01

Chatty Member
Ah thanks everyone! The section went really well, he was 8lb which is apparently what he weighed 2 weeks ago at my growth scan! Mad cos he looks TINY but apparently not 😂
Also got sterilised during the section, in my hospital they remove the tubes so glad thats all sorted.
I'm feeling really good right now though, although might need to circle back to how good I feel when they get me moving in about an hour. But so far very positive experience for us 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Glad you finally have your case, Brew! Has Mr Brew’s appeared yet?

@aggytha OMG look at them 😍😍 My scar is also worse one side - the side the surgeon stood so that makes sense! It still hurts now when Baby R uses me as a trampoline. I have other pain issues with my scar though and I’m waiting for a scan to check it all internally so if it does feel abnormal keep on at them and get it checked

@Elle Woods How’s super baby?🩵
He’s improved loads over the last day, which is good! He’s now put 500grams on too which is huge considering he was under 1,000 grams at birth! Hope you and baby raspberry are ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

littlepup

VIP Member
✋ 🙏 Pre-op tomorrow for elective next week. If they said "We'll do it now" I'd happily take it!
Talked that up. They’ve brought me forward - it’s Friday!!
It’s only 4 days earlier but holy shit, I’ll have a new baby this week!! How did I get from TTC to here?! 🤯

ETA: Also, these are so lovely. More than I’d usually spend but had a 25% off code 🙈

IMG_4581.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Had a hospital appointment today, met the consultant briefly, talked about the birth. Am definitely feeling movements now, is this really real? 🥰

• Heart

George01

Chatty Member
Wtf! That is strange. Was she ok with you having your first child?! Cos if she was alright with one child why is the second one such a problem? I think if people can cut you off just like that for no apparent reason, their not worth having in your life anyway! It is annoying though when you don’t have an explanation for it
Yeah she was fine she has kids herself! It genuinely makes no sense to me 😂
I told my 12 year old nephew about it (he's an old man in the head) and he said "bitches be trippin" and it was the wildest thing he's ever said but very true, they do be trippin hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 13

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Had a scare today, had some bleeding and it’s the first time anything bad has happened since the embryo transfer. Babies are all good, they listened to the heartbeats and they were both fine. They said to monitor over the weekend and if it’s still happening on Monday to call and they’d get me in for a scan to see where it could be coming from.

it’s mostly stopped now but I’m feeling so wobbly this evening, just so desperate for these babies to stay safe and keep growing

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
This has made me really sad today! Where has my dinky baby gone? He’s only 6 weeks tomorrow 😢 the babygrow on the right was too big when he came home and now look how tiny it looks next to him 😢
IMG_6924.jpeg

IMG_6926.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I use regular adult Aveeno on both my 4 year old and the baby! The dr recommended it for their excema and it’s been great. Even better is it’s like £9 a pop so if you go the dr’s and complain about their excema they’ll prescribe it for free

✌🏻 watermelon sugar money saving expert ✌🏻

• Haha
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
No mine will scream like he’s never been fed then guzzle the entire bottle in about 30 seconds flat if I let him. He does keep shoving his hands in his mouth or trying to stuff a muslin in with the bottle or something though as if the teat filling his entire mouth isn’t enough 😂 when I take the bottle out to wind him etc he’s back to screaming like he’s never been fed and genuinely seems to panic that he’s not getting his whole bottle 😂

Mr R dressed the poor kid again today. Looks like he’s off to the pub with his mates to drink some Stella.
IMG_7092.jpeg

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
We’re doing good. Baby mostly just slept yesterday, been a bit fussy since 4 but feeding well and they’ve said the extra monitoring can stop, I’ve not had any probs so if all the usual criteria at ok we can go home today!
Can’t take any good pain killers home though so need to decide if I feel up to that.

Managed to move from the inside bay by the midwife station to a window one so it’s not too bad, day light and a window I’m glad for as a planned section Dad has come in waiting to go down absolutely reeking of aftershave. Just want queasy Mums and new borns want 🙈

How’s everyone else, won’t tag but been thinking of the twins and baby Woods in particular?
I feel extraordinarily lucky today, hope I didn’t trigger anyone yesterday feeling a bit shell shocked, so sorry if I did.
Hope you manage to get home soon! Glad little baby pup is doing well ❤
We’re doing okay ish. Baby woods had a little infection at the end of last week which he seems to be getting over now but he’s been a bit up and down. He’s had to go back on oxygen (only a small amount) as he was setting the monitors off quite a bit with his oxygen levels so hopefully that will sort itself soon. He seems totally unfazed by it all and has been practicing his newest trick of pulling his NG tube out as soon as I look away for a second 😂 I’m running purely on drinks and snacks out the vending machine as the food in my hospital is not even worthy of feeding to a dog so I can’t wait to get a proper meal in me!
Hope everyone else is okay xxx

• Heart