Votes: 19 14.5%
  • 33-38 weeks

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Full term / overdue

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Just had my baby

Votes: 11 8.4%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread

Off topic thread

Continue šŸ„°

Iā€™ve not had decent sleep for 6 days. Six. Iā€™m currently drinking a sneaky Redbull as some sort of weird endorphin / keeping myself sane treat.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Up a bracket since the last thread! 28 weeks on Wednesday! Feels like there isn't enough time but also I can't wait to meet baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Eeeek I think this is the thread that a few of us are going to have our babies šŸ„²šŸ„°

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When you know what youā€™re feeling for, is it really easy to tell? Iā€™m always so amazed by how quickly you midwives just know from a quick press around, when I feel it just feels squidgy, I donā€™t get it šŸ˜‚
Yes! It is quite difficult to do on yourself I wonā€™t lie. We usually do it in 4 steps, so the fundal first, find the top of the uterus and then move downwards from there. The head will feel rounder compared to the bum. Limbs i tend to follow, if it carries on I know itā€™s usually a knee or an elbow.
Use the side of your hand to press from your ribs, and work down, youā€™ll feel a change with how it feels, thatā€™ll be the top of the uterus. Then we move round the sides and down. Some arenā€™t so easy to feel, if thereā€™s extra fluid, bmi plays a part in it too. But have a go, you have to press harder than you think but itā€™s really fascinating!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just a couple of days off the next bracket, although stuck to what Iā€™m at because 33-38 sounds terrifying!

Exciting that there could be some babies this thread, I am hoping Iā€™ve got a couple more threads in me!

I asked my midwife about feeling the baby at 31w, she says she can normally tell more than 34 - not sure if thatā€™s to do with my bmi etc but she could feel something but not sure if itā€™s a head or bum. Since then though I can definitely feel a bulge at times!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone else gotten melasma during their pregnancy? I have it quite badly on my cheeks and upper lip šŸ˜”

• Sad
Reactions: 3
didnā€™t know whether to click the ā€˜just had my babyā€™ or the ā€˜not pregnant, just noseyā€™ option šŸ˜‚

Just a reminder there is an off topic chat for all you lovely pregnant ladies & the post partum ladies to keep in touch and talk about things not pregnancy related šŸ«¶šŸ»

eta Oh i didnā€™t see it was always mentioned whoops šŸ¤£

• Heart
  • Haha
Almost 16 weeks! I joined the thread shortly after I found out at between 4-5 weeks šŸ˜„

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Iā€™ve cheated a bit and ticked 27-32 weeks, although Iā€™m not actually 27 until Wednesday. It sure does fly in, canā€™t believe Iā€™m coming up to the 3rd trimester! Constantly counting down the weeks until I stop work already!

• Heart
Yes! It is quite difficult to do on yourself I wonā€™t lie. We usually do it in 4 steps, so the fundal first, find the top of the uterus and then move downwards from there. The head will feel rounder compared to the bum. Limbs i tend to follow, if it carries on I know itā€™s usually a knee or an elbow.
Use the side of your hand to press from your ribs, and work down, youā€™ll feel a change with how it feels, thatā€™ll be the top of the uterus. Then we move round the sides and down. Some arenā€™t so easy to feel, if thereā€™s extra fluid, bmi plays a part in it too. But have a go, you have to press harder than you think but itā€™s really fascinating!
Thank you! Iā€™m gonna look like a proper weirdo prodding myself in bed later but gonna give it a go šŸ˜‚ I presume it gets easier to feel them the bigger they get?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Canā€™t believe Iā€™ve now completely jumped a couple of brackets and am now pressing just had my baby šŸ„²

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Canā€™t believe Iā€™ve now completely jumped a couple of brackets and am now pressing just had my baby šŸ„²
bless you šŸ˜­ thinking of you and baby. I hope youā€™re looking after yourself and giving yourself time to process what has happened. You are both amazing ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've just tried to research the free childcare hours working parents will be entitled to next year but I really don't understand exactly what we get and the rules around taking them etc šŸ˜©
I know they get 15 hours a week from 9 months old, then that goes up to 30 hours from September 2025, but I don't understand when we have to apply for them, how they have to be used and what we still need to pay for. Does anyone have a less melted brain and is able to explain?

I've just tried to research the free childcare hours working parents will be entitled to next year but I really don't understand exactly what we get and the rules around taking them etc šŸ˜©
I know they get 15 hours a week from 9 months old, then that goes up to 30 hours from September 2025, but I don't understand when we have to apply for them, how they have to be used and what we still need to pay for. Does anyone have a less melted brain and is able to explain?
From my understanding itā€™s like 11 hours a week if you spread it out over the year and 15 if itā€™s term time only . So your monthly costs would be like their figure minus the free hours but some nurseries Ul still have to pay for food and that

also I think the application is only valid for 3 months so only apply for it couple months before they start

• Heart
What I didnā€™t realise was itā€™s actually from the term after they turn 9 months. So with my baby due at the start of July, they turn 9 months at the start of April, meaning we have to wait until September to get the free hours, which really puts some parents at a disadvantage.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
What I didnā€™t realise was itā€™s actually from the term after they turn 9 months. So with my baby due at the start of July, they turn 9 months at the start of April, meaning we have to wait until September to get the free hours, which really puts some parents at a disadvantage.
If itā€™s a late Easter you could get lucky šŸ¤žšŸ¼

You apply for your place at the nursery and theyā€™ll tell you when you need to apply for your code and when the free hours can start but as has been said itā€™s the term following them turning the age and theyā€™re can still be hidden fees.
You have to log into your childcare account every 3 months to keep it active but itā€™s just a reconfirmation that your circumstances havenā€™t changed and youā€™re still eligible, an easy click through.

Donā€™t forget everyone to apply for child benefit as soon as you get babyā€™s birth certificate. I think, canā€™t remember for sure as it was Covid ao abnormal, youā€™ll use the same .gov gateway details for the childcare account.

Lots of bottles deals on Amazon today that seem to be genuine discounts. Plus 15% off many if you do a baby wish list. You can use the discount over multiple orders rather than needing to save it to use for one big order. I literally add it to the wish list then transfer to my basket (has to be ā€œsold byā€ and ā€œdispatched byā€ Amazon to qualify).

Does anyone have any heart burn/ acid reflux tips please? Only just over 9 weeks but Iā€™ve a sore throat and a burnt patch in my throat from the reflux being so bad šŸ˜­

rennies, anti sickness meds, being careful, not eating for hours before bed, sleeping on the left side whilst raised etc hasnā€™t even touched it and I canā€™t go to sleep tonight because I physically canā€™t lay down or I will throw up šŸ˜­