Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
1000% ultrasound direct over window to the womb. I would absolutely hate to receive bad news at WTTW and then have to walk back through the room full of teddies, photos of babies and families, scan pics etc. They are very hard sell.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Me and baby brew had a temporary falling yesterday evening. I was starving, really fancied a snack but couldn't decide what. Baby had been moving away so I decided to tell her she can choose what snack, that I'll list a bunch of options and that she should kick once when she agrees with one. Do you know when she kicked? She kicked when I said "or just have nothing at all" 😑

I need to teach her the importance of snacks 😅
Maybe she misunderstood the question and thought you said “or just have it all”. That’s what I’d have told myself anyway 😂

• Haha

Whassupgirl

Those of you who already have children - did you find that your babies movements in the womb correlated with their awake/activity when they were born? I don't know if that's a dumb question or not so sorry if it is but I'm just really hoping he's not going to spend 1am-4am wide awake thinking it's playtime once he's here as that's the time he seems most active in the womb :ROFLMAO:

Obviously I know newborns don't have a grasp of night and day
I wouldn’t say my little ones correlated to her nap times outside the womb but I did notice when she was born and she’d be laid in her moses basket or something she’d do all these scrunches and stretches curling up into a little ball and I thought ‘ohhh ok that’s what all those weird movements I kept feeling were!’

• Heart

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Just booked a private scan for 2 days after my NHS 8 week scan so the boyfriend can see it and we can tell my parents - praying all goes well and the anxiety has already started! A week to go :oops:
can he not go to the NHS scan?
---
I’ve got a child for sale!!!! My toddler has put a drum round his neck but swung it round to his back and wearing it like a backpack, but of course it keeps swinging back to his front and he’s screaming stop looking at me!! To a drum!! Help!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
We’re doing ok. Very very sore and stiff. Oramorph isn’t really touching the pain and I keep catching the battery pack from my dressing on things or dropping it which tugs and really hurts 😩 and I feel pretty ropey because my iron levels are really low after blood loss during the op

Baby R is really cuddly and an absolute dream. I didn’t know it was possible to love something so much 🥰

How are you guys?
I’m the same - still very sore and it’s 4 days later! I get mine off tomorrow I’m dreading it 😬 are you home yet? Oramorph was good for me at the hospital but I’m lost without it, I don’t think the ibuprofen and paracetomal is even touching the sides! I tried hoovering up before and my partner came up behind me and was like ‘ermmmm…. let’s not’ 🤣

Baby waternelon is amazing. She’s so content. She’s just so small 🥲 she only lost 100 grams when she was weighed yesterday so the midwife weren’t mega concerned, and she’s weighed again tomorrow!

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
How are you doing? I wish your hospital was a bit more like mine!! Have been thinking of you xx
I wish my hospital were like yours too! Baby R is moving a bit more today so I’m feeling less anxious but the lack of growth is playing on my mind a lot. It’s really frustrating that my hospital seem to be in shut down mode for the weekend and BH because I’m sure if it was a a normal weekday we’d be getting very different treatment.

Hope your CTG goes ok in a bit 🤞🏼 Baby Raspberry and Baby Watermelon are definitely going to be born close together either way aren’t they!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I think we're going to go with Aldi nappies, heard lots of good feedback about them and they're super cheap.
I still haven't decided how I want to feed. I feel like I should be saying breast but I just don't want to commit to that, nor can I actually envision it happening. But there's still some ridiculous taboo around that subject that makes mums feel like they have to at least try.

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
specifically c-secs before 39 weeks or birth in general?! Absolute dogshit 🤣 I’m booked in at 37+2 to deliver as they won’t let me go any further with twins. And also surely it’s about weighing up the risks?!

the only correlation I have ever been told/read regarding evidence of adhd and caesareans is steroid injections at “full term” (something that generally isn’t done past 36 weeks but we get given the choice due to twins and risk of low birth weight, breathing difficulties etc) I did a bit of googling and the evidence is minimal. Again, all about weighing up risk vs reward.

I’d definitely ask for a second opinion. Stay strong, you’re doing great xx
Birth in general clearly cus an induction this week would also increase the risk apparently. I literally laughed out loud when she said it. Tell me it’s about his lungs or his physical development or something, don’t try and bullshit me about adhd risks. I’ll be doing some research tonight ready for tomorrow when I hopefully see a different doctor.

Like you say with twins or high risk births, even GD that’s being medicated etc they’ll deliver routinely before 39 weeks so it’s got to be a load of nonsense. At one point I was going to be having a planned section at 36 weeks because of my bleeding and placenta - didn’t tell me he would have increased risk of adhd then did they 🙄

I’m so frustrated. Might take my mum with me tomorrow to kick some ass 😂

• Heart

Bingobango

I mentioned an early scan to my partner but he said he doesnt see the point. I've spent the day being really anxious though and really think it would help.

Side note, anyone else really bloated at 5weeks. Its uncomfortable.

Last edited:
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’d have loved to not have found out what we were having both times but I’m TOO nosey 🤣🤣 The not knowing would have killed me the entire
pregnancy 😂

• Haha

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
I had my antenatal class today, a full day one from 10am until 4pm and it was super helpful but the most painful ice breakers and group activities. I know some people are all for that but just found it all a bit awks, especially having to stand in front of the whole group to demonstrate things 🫣

• Heart

scouseconstantine

Has any one else just completely lost the will at work 😂 don’t know how I’ll cope further on but I feel like I just sit on the floor dying inside trying to muster up enough energy to sing wheels on the bus for the fifth time in twenty minutes 😂😭

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I thought the weird intrusive questions would stop when I was no longer pregnant but I’ve just been in to work for a meeting (5 days after having a baby/major surgery, cheers big boss 🙄) and among other things was asked if my milk was in, how my bleeding was, if I’d managed to poo yet, if my nipples are sore….! I find it weird enough when my family and friends ask stuff like this but the random women in the office was definitely crossing a line. They’re not even my team, I only see these people every 6/8 weeks when we have meetings with the day team.
Laughalong said:
Got bored and did my AI baby on an app with pics of me and my bf. Would not mind the finished result 🤣 although the girl came out EXACTLY how I dreamed… and as we all know (as I keep saying) it’s not a girl 🤭 I’ll take the boy! But put a pin in it if that’s my girl, I’ll keep going until my uterus shuts down xxx
They’re super cute!! What’s the app? I’ll put me and Mr R on it and see if the result is close to Baby R 😂

• Wow

Lioness1

Chatty Member
The gas and air made me feel like I’d just come home from a night out, everything was spinning and my husband was calling me darth Vader. I used a tens machine, I think that helped but who knows really. I had a pretty easy labour so I’m not the best judge on any pain methods 😂

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
My hormones must be a mess, I've just stood in front of a load of people in the city centre and cried at a busker hahaha ffs

• Haha
  • Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I've got to admit the nipple growth is one of those things about pregnancy that really surprised me, who knew eh 😂

• Haha