Pregnancy #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So after being woken up in the middle of the night by some very painful baby movements, it turns out that the baby has done a 180 and is now feet down šŸ˜­ Have my 36 week scan booked next week but need to do everything I can to get him to spin again in the mean time. Any tips? ā˜¹

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I just had my 20 week scan, need a rescan as the baby wouldn't move so she couldn't check the heart properly, however she said all seems normal, however I checked my book with measurements and the abdominal circumference is 164mm which on the little chart next to it seems very high so more worrying for me! im sure its ok as surely she would've said?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So after being woken up in the middle of the night by some very painful baby movements, it turns out that the baby has done a 180 and is now feet down šŸ˜­ Have my 36 week scan booked next week but need to do everything I can to get him to spin again in the mean time. Any tips? ā˜¹
Spinning babies website has lots of advice.
I had the ECV at 38 weeks and it wasnā€™t nearly as bad, for me, as Iā€™d been lead to believe.

Last edited:
Spinning babies website has list of advice.
I had the ECV at 38 weeks and it wasnā€™t nearly as bad, for me, as Iā€™d been lead to believe.
Thank you! Total brain fart when it came to the website name. It was incredibly painful when he spun round, not looking forward to that again šŸ˜¬

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just had my scan at the EPU, measuring exactly right with a little heartbeat šŸ„¹šŸ„¹šŸ„¹šŸ„¹šŸ„¹šŸ„¹šŸ„¹šŸ„¹šŸ„¹
I knew it! Awww so pleased for you!
---
Thank you all so much šŸ„ŗ they also found a small haemorrhage or something like that and the sonographer didnā€™t seem concerned and just said not to worry if I experience a bleed but then I spoke to the nurse afterwards and the way she worded it kind of worried me a bit, she said it doesnā€™t necessarily mean anything and doesnā€™t ā€œnecessarilyā€ mean the pregnancy could end but her wording has made me anxious. Did anybody else have this?
A hematoma? Generally they clear themselves up by 12 weeks.

• Heart
35 weeks now and Iā€™m officially done. Get this baby out of me!

Iā€™m so so grateful to be pregnant but running around after a one year old when Iā€™m this big and uncomfortable is so hard

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone have a Quooker tap? Varying advice online on whether itā€™s safe for making up feeds. If not, Iā€™ll just get the cheapest kettle I can find and use that!
We have a Quooker and itā€™s been fine for usšŸ™‚

• Heart
Itā€™s probably because they canā€™t say the only reason for bleeding would be the haemorrhage. If they said ā€˜donā€™t worry about any bleeding, youā€™ll be grandā€™ and you didnā€™t get it checked theyā€™d be in trouble so just covering bases. They can never at any stage say that youā€™ll end up with a healthy baby. Youā€™ll find they are very non committal about everything.
Youā€™re completely right. I called and spoke to her again because Iā€™d sent myself down a bad google rabbit hole and she said she canā€™t tell me itā€™s all going to be okay because before 12 weeks I still have as much of a risk as anybody else does but sheā€™s not massively concerned as the haematoma isnā€™t wrapped around the baby thankfully xx
I knew it! Awww so pleased for you!
---

A hematoma? Generally they clear themselves up by 12 weeks.
Thank you ā¤ā¤ yes, thatā€™s what she said too but I think I focused too much on her wording and panicked myself lol. Fingers crossed it will all be fine šŸ¤žxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have a Quooker tap? Varying advice online on whether itā€™s safe for making up feeds. If not, Iā€™ll just get the cheapest kettle I can find and use that!
I have one and planing to bottle feed and never even considered using it! We have a kettle too for back up and was planning that but intrigued for answers to this!

I make a few up at a time and keep in the fridge and warm up when needed! Iā€™ve recently bought the dr browns formula mixing pitcher and itā€™s a game changer! You can make up to 32oz at a time and keep it in the fridge and just pour how much you need! Out and about I did used to use the ready made bottles but they got expensive so I keep a couple in my bag just in case but I take out a flask of hot water and nuby rapid cool and only takes a few minutes to make a bottle that way!
i would love to do this for overnight feeds but my midwife and HV said to make each feed up fresh(iā€™ve been using the nuby rapid cool hot shot method for him!) thereā€™s such a lot of conflicting advice it drives me crazy as im sure a lot of people make bottles in advance. iā€™m a single mum also so any time savings help with a crying baby that only i am here to deal with!

• Heart
I've got some awful cramping today, it's like really sharp cramps and my stomach feels really hard and bloated. I'm trying not to panic and just assume it's that round ligament pain or whatever but I can't stop worrying :(

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've got some awful cramping today, it's like really sharp cramps and my stomach feels really hard and bloated. I'm trying not to panic and just assume it's that round ligament pain or whatever but I can't stop worrying :(
Try not worry, cramps are completely normal during pregnancy and my stomach still gets really hard and bloated, it can just depend on what Iā€™ve ate etc. If thereā€™s no blood try not worry and if there is any ring your EPU!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My tiredness isnt what it was. Cant help be a bundle of nerves for tomorrow. Once I get 12 week scan I calm right down but that's another 2/3 weeks away. Had some tingling in my boobs so that's positive. This is probably abit gross and tell me to do1 if its abit much but a fair few times this pregnancy I've had like big balls of clear gel come out of me. Don't remember this with other pregnancies is this normal?

• Heart
im so fed up.. trying to contact someone about my worries, tried my doctor they wont let me speak to my midwife, community midwife email no response in a week, I phoned the non urgent. number on my notes where u can ask for advice at 10am said would call me today they shut
30 minutes ago so looks like no call for me and it Friday so cant call until Monday now!
how is this fair??
---
also I couldn't ask at my 20 week scan today I only saw a scanner person not a midwife

• Heart
im so fed up.. trying to contact someone about my worries, tried my doctor they wont let me speak to my midwife, community midwife email no response in a week, I phoned the non urgent. number on my notes where u can ask for advice at 10am said would call me today they shut
30 minutes ago so looks like no call for me and it Friday so cant call until Monday now!
how is this fair??
---
also I couldn't ask at my 20 week scan today I only saw a scanner person not a midwife
Iā€™m in this situation too except Iā€™m 33 weeks and had a placental location scan earlier this week and itā€™s the head measurement that seems to be too big on the growth chart. The consultant didnā€™t say anything about it when I was there and I only saw it after in my notes. Itā€™s so frustrating but Iā€™m just trying not to worry on the basis that Iā€™m sure if they were concerned they would have said something!

• Heart
My tiredness isnt what it was. Cant help be a bundle of nerves for tomorrow. Once I get 12 week scan I calm right down but that's another 2/3 weeks away. Had some tingling in my boobs so that's positive. This is probably abit gross and tell me to do1 if its abit much but a fair few times this pregnancy I've had like big balls of clear gel come out of me. Don't remember this with other pregnancies is this normal?
Youā€™ll be fine, let us know how you get on ā¤ as for the discharge, Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s normal. If it was a weird colour Iā€™d say get it checked out but clear sounds perfectly normal xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.