Pregnancy #5 We love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 5 months and teaching full time. I’ll be allowed to shield from 28 weeks which means I’ll still go until work but won’t be allowed in the classroom
Do you know how they will adapt your duties when you’re isolated in the building? My head wants me in the class full stop, wondering if I could suggest an alternative to her/HR

Reactions: 2
There aren’t any ‘rules’ until 28 weeks pregnant. I’m a teacher so can’t fulfill my full duties at home obviously so they are pushing for me to be back in the class (as a critically vulnerable person too). My risk assessment outlined the alternative arrangements and an agreement decided in your RA meeting.
I have had to seek advice from my union, waiting for Occupationalhealthwellbeing and speaking to HR today.
I know a lot of teachers here (I’m a teacher too) who have WFH after 28 weeks. They plan and prepare lessons, send to their maternity cover, and Mark any digitally submitted work. You should definitely be able to get something sorted

Evening/morning ladies!
So my baby came a tiny bit early at 37+6 and wow, what a rollercoaster! I don’t wanna sound like an earth mother but I had such a good/positive labour and delivery but 4 days later we are still in hospital due to baby being a reluctant feeder and now jaundiced! I just want to say... I was set on breastfeeding and really struggled with it. My baby just wouldn’t latch so I was expressing colostrum, using a nipple shield, pumping all whilst on a busy ward and this time last night I felt like a failure and so miserable. My baby wasn’t getting enough food and it was affecting me massively (poor husband and midwives had to deal with multiple breakdowns)
This morning I decided to just go for formula and see how it goes... well there’s a different mum and a different baby and we are both so much happier and content. It’s not how I visioned it but that’s fine! Once I get home I’m going to try and pump and see how that goes in a more relaxed atmosphere but just wanted to say to any new mums, please don’t put pressure on yourself to be this “amazing mum” your baby loves you regardless. Good luck to all the mamas, it’s hard and those day 3 hormones were ROUGH but it’s so worth it.
(I’m sure I’ll be back with more breakdown stories lol)
Congratulations!!! So glad you had a positive birth, but hopefully you will get out of hospital ASAP. Has your partner been able to visit at all?

@Tui do you have your sweep today? Good luck for it! Fingers crossed it gets things in motion!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Is anyone pregnant & still going into work? With COVID where I work they are dead against anyone going in if pregnant but what if you have a job where you can’t work from home? Anyone know what the ‘rules’ are?
I am going in twice a week and discussed it with my manager. She was quite vague about it but I researched it and as long as I socially distance etc then it’s fine. I struggle staying at home all week and some of my job just can’t be done at home so as long as I feel safe then I will go in and I could ask people to do things for me but I like things done my way. I am only 10 weeks and only my manager knows so I will see what happens when HR finds out. She said I don’t have to tell them yet.

Evening/morning ladies!
So my baby came a tiny bit early at 37+6 and wow, what a rollercoaster! I don’t wanna sound like an earth mother but I had such a good/positive labour and delivery but 4 days later we are still in hospital due to baby being a reluctant feeder and now jaundiced! I just want to say... I was set on breastfeeding and really struggled with it. My baby just wouldn’t latch so I was expressing colostrum, using a nipple shield, pumping all whilst on a busy ward and this time last night I felt like a failure and so miserable. My baby wasn’t getting enough food and it was affecting me massively (poor husband and midwives had to deal with multiple breakdowns)
This morning I decided to just go for formula and see how it goes... well there’s a different mum and a different baby and we are both so much happier and content. It’s not how I visioned it but that’s fine! Once I get home I’m going to try and pump and see how that goes in a more relaxed atmosphere but just wanted to say to any new mums, please don’t put pressure on yourself to be this “amazing mum” your baby loves you regardless. Good luck to all the mamas, it’s hard and those day 3 hormones were ROUGH but it’s so worth it.
(I’m sure I’ll be back with more breakdown stories lol)
Congratulations! xx

Is anyone pregnant & still going into work? With COVID where I work they are dead against anyone going in if pregnant but what if you have a job where you can’t work from home? Anyone know what the ‘rules’ are?
I work on a Cardiology ward, no rules as such but once I hit 28 weeks I will be medically suspended on full pay till it's time to take maternity.

Reactions: 4
I have no idea what to do about my job
I'm a wedding coordinator and when I'm doing my admin, emails etc then that's not problem because I can either do that at home or in a office where I'm socially distanced.
But the owner of the venue seems to want me to work actual weddings when they kick in and have me with my spd standing for 10+ hours at a wedding up to 39 weeks 🙃
Which I get lots of people do, but how can there be a guarantee that the weddings guests stay away from me?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
34 weeks today and my back and belly are hurting so much. Like a dull ache. 😑 bit breathless too. Just had to tell someone lol

Congratulations @Hbirdette! Your birth sounds like mine with my son 💗 hope you're doing ok and baby x

Reactions: 6
Congrats @Hbirdette ❤
Hope you can go home soon!

I'm around 8 weeks today and nausea is getting worse and worse 😩
I'm taking some pills (natural medicine with ginger, safe during pregnancy), and it's a little better, but still feel like a wreck... Also very tired, it's like I just can't get enough sleep.
Haven't thrown up yet though (sometimes I wish I did tho to have some relief...). Luckily I can still eat.

TTC was hard, but damn, this is hard as well :( Have taken some days off coming weeks so that I don't have to work fulltime every week, because I just can't....

Going for my first scan tomorrow though, can't wait! Really looking forward to seeing what's going on inside ❤

Reactions: 4
I have no idea what to do about my job
I'm a wedding coordinator and when I'm doing my admin, emails etc then that's not problem because I can either do that at home or in a office where I'm socially distanced.
But the owner of the venue seems to want me to work actual weddings when they kick in and have me with my spd standing for 10+ hours at a wedding up to 39 weeks 🙃
Which I get lots of people do, but how can there be a guarantee that the weddings guests stay away from me?
Can you not start Your maternity leave just before that date to avoid having to go? It’ll be unbearable to stand around for that length of time at 39 weeks, never mind anything else.

Congrats @Hbirdette ❤
Hope you can go home soon!

I'm around 8 weeks today and nausea is getting worse and worse 😩
I'm taking some pills (natural medicine with ginger, safe during pregnancy), and it's a little better, but still feel like a wreck... Also very tired, it's like I just can't get enough sleep.
Haven't thrown up yet though (sometimes I wish I did tho to have some relief...). Luckily I can still eat.

TTC was hard, but damn, this is hard as well :( Have taken some days off coming weeks so that I don't have to work fulltime every week, because I just can't....

Going for my first scan tomorrow though, can't wait! Really looking forward to seeing what's going on inside ❤
Feeling for you. I’ve started medication this week because the vomiting has become unbearable the past few days being sick after everything I eat and drink and I’m starting to panic on what sort of nutrients the baby will get from me if I’m this sick. Yesterday I had a melt down to my partner because I “just couldn’t cope anymore” felt like a big baby but it’s horrible.

good luck having your scan! 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Feeling for you. I’ve started medication this week because the vomiting has become unbearable the past few days being sick after everything I eat and drink and I’m starting to panic on what sort of nutrients the baby will get from me if I’m this sick. Yesterday I had a melt down to my partner because I “just couldn’t cope anymore” felt like a big baby but it’s horrible.

good luck having your scan! 😃
Sorry to hear that. Hope the medication will help!
I'm lucky in a way, as I can at least keep my food down. Also cried on and off last night, boyfriend proooobably thinks I'm crazy 😅 Ah well.
I'm sure we'll get through this! 💪

Thanks! I can't wait to see it, that'll make it less abstract.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.