Pregnancy #5 We love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 9+4 weeks today and I can’t shift these awful headaches. I don’t remember them being so bad with my first pregnancy. I’m drinking plenty sleeping as much as I can but it’s like I’ve been smacked over the head. I normally have migraines but these are different, like a tension headache. I’m taking paracetamol but it’s not touching it so any tips welcome 🥺
I was the same. Found the 4head stick and the kool n soothe migraine patches helped a little! Even to just distract me from the pain for a bit.

Reactions: 3
Oh @Kitt, im so glad i wasnt the only one feeling like this about the zoe announcement.
Im 11+2 and desperate for my dating scan and to hopefully have the tests saying my baby is good and healthy. Im also due in sept and wont be paying for these early fancy tests that give you all of the photos (grrr zoe) and the gender early. I found her annoucement upsetting too
I could pay for the test, but im waiting for my nhs one. Unfortunately its not booked until im 13+5 which feels like ages to wait when you have your hopes pinned on the magical '12 weeks'. Still can't tell people. Still hoping its real. Still keeping my hopes manageable.

I wasnt even looking for anything. I was on this thread and then had a quick browse at the main topics and came across the zoe one, then went to her instagram.

I had to remind myself that
1. Zoe being pregnant does not take anything from my pregnancy
2. Do not compare to zoe sugg who will have so so much free stuff given to her. Ignore it and avoid social media.
3. My pregnancy is my own and does not need to be shared unless i want to.
4. For all we know zoe could have been trying to get pregnant for years. Its okay to feel happy for her and yet a tiny bit sad for yourself for being in diff circs to her.
5. My 13+5 week scan will come. My time to share with family and friends will come.
6. Maybe dont look at the tattle topics until after 13+5 🤣 (stay safe in the pregnancy topic). Although the comment about a lady having a miscarriage at 12 weeks has stayed with me and maybe thats why im still not feeling like i can totally chill today at 11+2.
7. I will hopefully have a gender scan at 16 or 17 weeks so ita not too much longer tp wait until after the 13+5 scan

Also @Kitt im an end of august baby. Virgos are awesome people. We have loads of friends around for our birthdays, cos we can. Think bbqs, sunny days in the gardens. Summer birthday hols if we want.
Im always the youngest amongst peers 😎

And also, duck other peoples unwanted opinions.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
@Kitt i already have a September baby and the one I’m pregnant with is due 29th August. I honestly think people think that August babies do “worse” because they’re a whole year younger than September babies.
One really good thing about having August babies compared to September is, if you send them to nursery, you won’t have to pay for as much time there because they’ll go to school younger.
My September baby will always be at school for his birthday but the August baby won’t be. I’m sure there’s pros and cons to both birthdays but I’m sure how smart they are has nothing to do with when they’re born x

Reactions: 8
I’ve unwatched the Zoella thread for a bit of peace of mind. It’s become a bit of a rave thread since she announced her pregnancy and I still think she’s a nob lol

Anyway yeah I know my kid will be fine at school regardless of when they’re born. I’ll be there to support them and read with them before they start school. I’m a librarian for goodness sake, we’re not short of books!

Feeling more positive today (I say as I eat a dry wrap trying not to puke hahaha)

Reactions: 7
Really struggling today with tightness over my (practically non existent) bump. Been working since 5am and standing is getting really quite sore and uncomfy 😭 no point to this post at all other than to moan 😂

• Heart
Really struggling today with tightness over my (practically non existent) bump. Been working since 5am and standing is getting really quite sore and uncomfy 😭 no point to this post at all other than to moan 😂
Maybe baby is growing in there and suddenly your bump will pop!

I've got my appointment today for my checkup after attending the EPU two weeks ago to check on the twins. Man am I nervous 🙈 I've all but managed to convince myself something terrible has happened! I got here an hour and a half early accidentally and have been sat in my car panicking 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've got my appointment today for my checkup after attending the EPU two weeks ago to check on the twins. Man am I nervous 🙈 I've all but managed to convince myself something terrible has happened! I got here an hour and a half early accidentally and have been sat in my car panicking 😂
Hoping todays appointment goes well for you. Please keep us updated 😊
Sending you a big hug x

Reactions: 2
Hey! Has anyone found any cheap ish short sleeve button nightdresses online? really struggling, don’t want to spend too much on them as last time they were ruined and last pregnancy went to primark but it’s lockdown 🙈 although it’s a c section this time so maybe they won’t get too ruined?

Hey! Has anyone found any cheap ish short sleeve button nightdresses online? really struggling, don’t want to spend too much on them as last time they were ruined and last pregnancy went to primark but it’s lockdown 🙈 although it’s a c section this time so maybe they won’t get too ruined?
Have you had a look on M&S and Next? I know they're not the cheapest but there the only places that come to mind. Perhaps everything 5 pounds too?

• Heart
There's a few on Boohoo, pretty cheap (and cheap looking tbh) but would be fine for labour!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Is anyone using a kick counter app or know of any other ways of keeping track? I feel bad as I haven’t been tracking kicks just knowing that she has active periods in the morning and evening and tends to be mostly quiet throughout the day. But when I saw my midwife last week she said I should be keeping track so I could tell if there were reduced movements rather than waiting until there was none.

Is anyone using a kick counter app or know of any other ways of keeping track? I feel bad as I haven’t been tracking kicks just knowing that she has active periods in the morning and evening and tends to be mostly quiet throughout the day. But when I saw my midwife last week she said I should be keeping track so I could tell if there were reduced movements rather than waiting until there was none.
I have never kept track because the 10 kicks in an hour is an outdated thing and that's what all kick counters tend to go by and it's easy to know when your baby is normally active. You learn it pretty quick.

Reactions: 4
Hi everyone. Have just discovered this thread. I'm currently 10 weeks and have my first midwife appointment today! Its at the hospital which I was suprised about, thought it would be at my GP surgery. They said its just an appointment to take my height, weight and bloods. I've read online the booking appointment is a long one so feel a bit confused about what to expect. None of it actually feels real at the moment so I'm nervous but excited for something to finally be happening. Also, I've managed to make it to the grand old age of 30 without ever having my bloods taken. I'm absolutely terrified about it 😅 I'm not too bad with vaccines but the thought of having blood taken really scares me. Anyone else pregnant but just terrified by medical procedures and hospitals? 🙈 I know I've got a lot more to come so I better get used to it!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone. Have just discovered this thread. I'm currently 10 weeks and have my first midwife appointment today! Its at the hospital which I was suprised about, thought it would be at my GP surgery. They said its just an appointment to take my height, weight and bloods. I've read online the booking appointment is a long one so feel a bit confused about what to expect. None of it actually feels real at the moment so I'm nervous but excited for something to finally be happening. Also, I've managed to make it to the grand old age of 30 without ever having my bloods taken. I'm absolutely terrified about it 😅 I'm not too bad with vaccines but the thought of having blood taken really scares me. Anyone else pregnant but just terrified by medical procedures and hospitals? 🙈 I know I've got a lot more to come so I better get used to it!
Hey congratulations and welcome to the thread. I had my booking appointment over the phone then had to go to hospital for bloods etc but each place is different. I used to HATE the idea of blood tests but I’ve had lots already this pregnancy and it’s really no big deal. Just make sure you’re hydrated before hand, take a big deep breath and look the other way :) it’ll be a small scratch and you won’t feel anything else. It took 4 tries for my nurse to find a good vein when I was 10 weeks and even that wasn’t a big deal. Just stay calm and it’ll be over before you know it :)

Congratulations 🙂 I hate getting my blood taken too it makes me really squeamish, I look away while they put the needle in and draw the blood and it actually doesn’t hurt 😅

Hey congratulations and welcome to the thread. I had my booking appointment over the phone then had to go to hospital for bloods etc but each place is different. I used to HATE the idea of blood tests but I’ve had lots already this pregnancy and it’s really no big deal. Just make sure you’re hydrated before hand, take a big deep breath and look the other way :) it’ll be a small scratch and you won’t feel anything else. It took 4 tries for my nurse to find a good vein when I was 10 weeks and even that wasn’t a big deal. Just stay calm and it’ll be over before you know it :)
Congratulations 🙂 I hate getting my blood taken too it makes me really squeamish, I look away while they put the needle in and draw the blood and it actually doesn’t hurt 😅
Thank you both of you! Very reassuring and good to know it doesn't hurt 😅 I'm sure once I've had this first one I'll be fine in future. I will definitely be drinking lots of water and keeping hydrated if that's something that helps. I think luckily the excitement of it starting to feel a bit more real is doing a good job at combating the nerves at the moment! Just hoping everything is okay and hopefully the first scan won't be too far away 🤞

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.