Pregnancy #5 We love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah the blocked nose and mouth as dry as a desert overnight! Drinking 500ml water during the night to help your sandpaper tongue is not ideal when pregnant lol that has only settled in the last few weeks, so nice to be able to do something other than mouthbreathe!!

I need to do this. Have had a quote for life insurance but neither my husband nor I have wills yet.
Omg honestly my throat even sounds horse sometimes especially when I’m talking on Skype or zoom I sound like Marge Simpson glad Im not the only one with this permanent running nose x

Reactions: 2
I feel like I’ve been getting a cold for weeks. Not covid, but always blocked up, did have a nose bleed in the middle of the night, sneezy tickly throat. Is this illness or pregnancy (10+3)

Reactions: 3
I'm turning into my grandad. I can't eat dinner without half of it ending up down my boobs and belly 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hey ladies I can remember talking about pillows a little while back,. How are you finding them? Are they worth the investment!? I’ve had pelvic pain since literally week 5!! I’m in agony and physio is not much help as it’s only over the phone appts due to covid! Baby no. 3 and I haven’t had anything like this previous. Any advice is much appreciated 🤞🏼

I’m only 18 weeks so I have a way to go and I imagine it will only get worse! 🥺

Hey ladies I can remember talking about pillows a little while back,. How are you finding them? Are they worth the investment!? I’ve had pelvic pain since literally week 5!! I’m in agony and physio is not much help as it’s only over the phone appts due to covid! Baby no. 3 and I haven’t had anything like this previous. Any advice is much appreciated 🤞🏼

I have a big U shaped one but now supplementing that with two other normal pillows as well. It’s a nice to have but can also get the same effect with just normal pillows if you’re not keen

I feel like I’ve been getting a cold for weeks. Not covid, but always blocked up, did have a nose bleed in the middle of the night, sneezy tickly throat. Is this illness or pregnancy (10+3)
Hard to say really. My throat is constantly dry and scratchy at night and I have been sneezing constantly for months, but no way to know what causes it really.

My throat haa been dry alot lately and i spent quite a bit of last night coughing.

Also, regarding a will - how do you make a will before the baby is born? Would i just leave everything to my 'child /future children' in the will?

I am the same as you and I love the pillow I but it right between my thighs and it is such a relief my pain is awful and can’t walk without it hurting so I am sending you loads of love because it is tit ☹ X

Reactions: 1
My lovely partner has just made bacon. The smell of it being cooked is making me want to run away 🤢😭😭

My throat haa been dry alot lately and i spent quite a bit of last night coughing.

Also, regarding a will - how do you make a will before the baby is born? Would i just leave everything to my 'child /future children' in the will?
I am not 100%, I think we changed ours just after our first was born. But whatever solicitor you use to draw one up would be able to advise you better.

I am the same as you and I love the pillow I but it right between my thighs and it is such a relief my pain is awful and can’t walk without it hurting so I am sending you loads of love because it is tit ☹ X
You too! I’m definitely going to get a pillow. Worth a shot for sure. Sending love 💗

• Heart
Evening/morning ladies!
So my baby came a tiny bit early at 37+6 and wow, what a rollercoaster! I don’t wanna sound like an earth mother but I had such a good/positive labour and delivery but 4 days later we are still in hospital due to baby being a reluctant feeder and now jaundiced! I just want to say... I was set on breastfeeding and really struggled with it. My baby just wouldn’t latch so I was expressing colostrum, using a nipple shield, pumping all whilst on a busy ward and this time last night I felt like a failure and so miserable. My baby wasn’t getting enough food and it was affecting me massively (poor husband and midwives had to deal with multiple breakdowns)
This morning I decided to just go for formula and see how it goes... well there’s a different mum and a different baby and we are both so much happier and content. It’s not how I visioned it but that’s fine! Once I get home I’m going to try and pump and see how that goes in a more relaxed atmosphere but just wanted to say to any new mums, please don’t put pressure on yourself to be this “amazing mum” your baby loves you regardless. Good luck to all the mamas, it’s hard and those day 3 hormones were ROUGH but it’s so worth it.
(I’m sure I’ll be back with more breakdown stories lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Evening/morning ladies!
So my baby came a tiny bit early at 37+6 and wow, what a rollercoaster! I don’t wanna sound like an earth mother but I had such a good/positive labour and delivery but 4 days later we are still in hospital due to baby being a reluctant feeder and now jaundiced! I just want to say... I was set on breastfeeding and really struggled with it. My baby just wouldn’t latch so I was expressing colostrum, using a nipple shield, pumping all whilst on a busy ward and this time last night I felt like a failure and so miserable. My baby wasn’t getting enough food and it was affecting me massively (poor husband and midwives had to deal with multiple breakdowns)
This morning I decided to just go for formula and see how it goes... well there’s a different mum and a different baby and we are both so much happier and content. It’s not how I visioned it but that’s fine! Once I get home I’m going to try and pump and see how that goes in a more relaxed atmosphere but just wanted to say to any new mums, please don’t put pressure on yourself to be this “amazing mum” your baby loves you regardless. Good luck to all the mamas, it’s hard and those day 3 hormones were ROUGH but it’s so worth it.
Congratulations!! Glad you and baby are now turning a corner and hope you get home soon XX

• Heart
Is anyone pregnant & still going into work? With COVID where I work they are dead against anyone going in if pregnant but what if you have a job where you can’t work from home? Anyone know what the ‘rules’ are?

Evening/morning ladies!
Please come back with updates.
Congratulations on your lovely birthing experience. Its wondergul to hear about it going well. I totally empathise with you on wanting to breastfeed and it being difficult. Thank you for sharing xxx

• Heart
Is anyone pregnant & still going into work? With COVID where I work they are dead against anyone going in if pregnant but what if you have a job where you can’t work from home? Anyone know what the ‘rules’ are?
I’m 5 months and teaching full time. I’ll be allowed to shield from 28 weeks which means I’ll still go until work but won’t be allowed in the classroom

Yep I’m still going into work but guidelines are currently that you stop at 28 weeks and should work from home or be on paid leave.

Evening/morning ladies!
congratulations! Glad you had a great birth and things are on the up. Do keep us updated xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There aren’t any ‘rules’ until 28 weeks pregnant. I’m a teacher so can’t fulfill my full duties at home obviously so they are pushing for me to be back in the class (as a critically vulnerable person too). My risk assessment outlined the alternative arrangements and an agreement decided in your RA meeting.
I have had to seek advice from my union, waiting for Occupationalhealthwellbeing and speaking to HR today.

Evening/morning ladies!
Wow congratulations 🥳 how amazing and I don’t think you sound like an earth mother some ladies have wonderful birth experiences and I’m really happy it went well. Please come
Back with more updates enjoy your baby bubble
X

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.