Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else strugggggling in this heat 🥵 got to get the tube to work tomorrow and absolutely dreading it
Sweating bullets 🥵 Running out of excuses to use at work for my sweat tash (I'm 11 weeks so haven't told them yet)
---
Today is nursery furniture buying day. Very excited! Hopefully ikea has everything we want 🤞 have any of you bought anything and thought, “yep, that was a good/bad idea”? I’m not getting a changing table, I decided that early on.
Hope you manage to find bits you like 😊 We luckily got a brand new but secondhand covertible cot/toddler bed through Facebook Marketplace. My husband bought a "proper" rocking chair, instead of a nursing chair, for Mother's Day for me and we still use it every night (my son is 2). We didn't bother buying any nursery specific furniture until recently. We now have three Smastad units (a wardrobe, chest of drawers and a shelf/drawer combo) and they work really well for his stuff with plenty of room to grow.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Hope you manage to find bits you like 😊 We luckily got a brand new but secondhand covertible cot/toddler bed through Facebook Marketplace. My husband bought a "proper" rocking chair, instead of a nursing chair, for Mother's Day for me and we still use it every night (my son is 2). We didn't bother buying any nursery specific furniture until recently. We now have three Smastad units (a wardrobe, chest of drawers and a shelf/drawer combo) and they work really well for his stuff with plenty of room to grow.
We have a lovely rocking chair, I absolutely love it. Got it for £40 off FB marketplace with a foot stool that also rocks and it's so comfy. I often just sit in it and rock my little one when he's fussing.

Wouldn't be without a changing table personally, so much easier and ours has storage for his clothes too.

Sweating bullets 🥵 Running out of excuses to use at work for my sweat tash (I'm 11 weeks so haven't told them yet)
---

Same, a proper rocking chair was one of my must haves and was a lifesaver for us with a baby with both colic and reflux. Still use it every night now for stories (also 2yo). We bought one that the legs can be changed on to make it a proper chair once babies have outgrown it. We bought a wide chest of drawers and have a wedged changing mat on top instead of a changing table.I’ll be buying a foldable/portable changing table for downstairs this time-changing nappies is back breaking!!

Same, a proper rocking chair was one of my must haves and was a lifesaver for us with a baby with both colic and reflux. Still use it every night now for stories (also 2yo). We bought one that the legs can be changed on to make it a proper chair once babies have outgrown it. We bought a wide chest of drawers and have a wedged changing mat on top instead of a changing table.I’ll be buying a foldable/portable changing table for downstairs this time-changing nappies is back breaking!!
I do remember the back pain when my wee man was a newborn, changing him on the floor in the middle of the night 😫 We were fortunate that the mat we had fit on a dresser we already had. That did the job until it was safer just to do it on the floor. We've just started potty training so that's a whole new barrel of laughs 😂 Will probably do the same with our second, although a solution for those newborn night changes would be good to save my poor back!

We've got a wedge changing mat (i.e. with raised sides) that goes on top of baby's chest of drawers in his nursery which works really well, and downstairs we've got a changing table a friend gave us which has storage underneath for wipes, nappies, spare clothes etc which is great. The friend actually barely used the changing table themselves and used to just put a travel mat on their bed and change baby on that - that might be a way to save your backs if you don't have a changing table/suitable chest of drawers 🙂

Reactions: 2
We have a changing table in the bathroom, such a great place to have it if you can! Everything is wipe down for any accidents😂 after baths we put them on the table wrapped in their towel, just been really helpful for us.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.