Pregnancy #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really feel for you as I’ve been where you are and it’s horrendous. I was on cyclizine through my first trimester and then caught a sickness bug at bang on 12 weeks too. My husband had to basically take care of my son on his own as I couldn’t get out of bed either. Definitely get some medication, allow yourself to rest, this will pass.
Thanks, sorry you had to go through it too. You literally described my same situation. Thanks for empathising and understanding. I feel like the dr didn’t understand how much pain I’m in and how upset it’s making me.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
So interesting seeing the skull theory!
I was convinced we’re having a girl (maybe because my partner really wants a girl and I’m not fussed) but now I think definitely boy & the sonographer yesterday referred to baby as ‘he’ but not sure if that’s just her natural go to 😂
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Yesterday I cried because when baby is born he won't be safe and protected inside me any more, and will be out in the horrible cold world, and I'll miss being pregnant. Today I cried because I really want a particular flavour of yoghurt which it seems I can only get by going to a farm shop nearly 200 miles away 😭 pregnancy hormones are a wild ride! 😂
 
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else feel massive even though you haven't actually put much weight on? Like I feel like my thighs and everything are huge, cant get my jeans over them. Feel like my back and stomach are huge but according to scales I've not changed much (yet). Is it psychological? My boobs are definitely bigger cos all my work clothes are straining over them. I feel like my entire body is just bloat lol
I feel like this every pregnancy. I swell up all over and just feel huge. My a grows along with my belly and as for the boobs..lets not even go there. Gonna be a longgggg winter 🤩
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Just a heads up, Lidl have got two pack sets of maternity bump bands for £2.99! I picked one up in a size 12 - 14 and it’s a little loose at the moment but will be great in a few weeks. Might not be elastic enough to last me through to the end and not very thick but certainly a good interim option. Unfortunately only in black (which is more like navy) and grey from what I could see but definitely a good buy I think.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Just a heads up, Lidl have got two pack sets of maternity bump bands for £2.99! I picked one up in a size 12 - 14 and it’s a little loose at the moment but will be great in a few weeks. Might not be elastic enough to last me through to the end and not very thick but certainly a good interim option. Unfortunately only in black (which is more like navy) and grey from what I could see but definitely a good buy I think.
Thanks love, did you see what size they go up? Might send my mum up there as we don’t have a Lidl near us
 
Just a heads up, Lidl have got two pack sets of maternity bump bands for £2.99! I picked one up in a size 12 - 14 and it’s a little loose at the moment but will be great in a few weeks. Might not be elastic enough to last me through to the end and not very thick but certainly a good interim option. Unfortunately only in black (which is more like navy) and grey from what I could see but definitely a good buy I think.
I had something similar in my last pregnancy, and while they may not be hugely supportive later on, I found they were good for avoiding flashing the bottom of my bump if my top rode up.
 
Any recommendations for a contraction counter/timer? Trying to manifest this baby out of me at the moment 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Woke up with itchy feet. Of course Google says danger danger but itch is coming and going. Rang hospital who are happy for me to try sleep and come in in the morning. Now I can’t sleep 🫡
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
5am club anyone? Can’t wait for this week to be over tbh, can’t stop crying and getting stressed out by the smallest things which makes me get stressed out I’m stressing baby out :(
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
5am club anyone? Can’t wait for this week to be over tbh, can’t stop crying and getting stressed out by the smallest things which makes me get stressed out I’m stressing baby out :(
5 am club for me too... I'm just not sleeping well at the moment. Roll on mat leave (ages to go yet!)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I didnt sleep well either, if it's nit the urge to pee then it's the baby kicking me, or the heartburn....or the leg cramps 🙈 seriously regretting that I've still got 6 weeks until my mat leave 😫
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I didnt sleep well either, if it's nit the urge to pee then it's the baby kicking me, or the heartburn....or the leg cramps 🙈 seriously regretting that I've still got 6 weeks until my mat leave 😫
Is going sick an option for you? Will you get paid?
 
I had an awful nights sleep, woke up several times feeling sick and with crampy style feelings in my lower stomach. Feel better now I’m up and no sinister bleeding/spotting along with it so I guess I just call it one of those things? 🤷‍♀️ If it happens again I think I’ll call triage and see what they say.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Any recommendations for a contraction counter/timer? Trying to manifest this baby out of me at the moment 😂
I used Freya - I think it was about £2.99 and there are free ones out there so it just depends what you want. I found it really useful because it guides you through breathing techniques to stay calm so was worth the money IMO ☺
 
Does anyone just have days where they can’t stop crying about everything? I managed to get to sleep again but dreamt about crying then woke up crying 😩
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone else had their wisdom teeth start causing them aggro? I'm 7w2d today, and my bottom right wisdom tooth has just broken through my gums and aches so badly - just makes me want to cry 😫
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.