Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a teacher and I think that if the child has the right support outside of school, then summer borns can thrive just as much as other children. They might find it harder the first year or two because they have literally had one less year alive than some of the September babies but this can be avoided with support from home and access to pre-schools or nurseries with other children. And by the time they go to secondary school, the term they are born in plays no significance!
Totally agree. I’ve taught plenty of September thick kids and plenty of very intelligent summer babies. All I want is a healthy baby in my arms and couldn’t care less what month it’s due

Reactions: 6
Oof had a bit of a down / hormonal weekend. Think the sickness returning has knocked me back a bit but also for some reason, Zoella’s announcement that she’s pregnant has cause me some aggro.

Firstly she’s able to know at 12 weeks that she’s having a girl. Now for this I can admit it’s pure jealousy. We’re finding out what we’re having on 23rd March and I’m just desperate to know at this point so I just got stroppy about that lol

Then in her thread everyone was saying how she’s had good timing cause her baby is due in September cause babies born in September do better in school. All I’ve ever heard when I tell people my baby is due august 30th is ‘oh you best hope baby is late, august babies don’t do well in school!’ And all this tit. It’s not like I can control when baby decides to arrive!

Also in her new video, Zoe is annoyingly sucking a sweet the whole time and food noises wind me up.Someone said it was for sickness, I said she could’ve managed without for the time she was filming that clip. And someone said you mustn’t know what it’s like to be pregnant and sick then!! Oooh the cheek. If only she knew.

so yeah I needed that rant. Basically I’m just a moany witch but everything’s got to me this weekend!
I’m also the end of July completely irrelevant don’t let it get to you about your due date you will see your baby sooner 🥰 also zoella has just paid for the blood test which we could have all done but it’s just not that accurate it looks for different chromosomes. I wish I was confident enough to announce it to people online let alone millions of people don’t let her get to you or the thread. My sickness is also back today I feel your pain I’ve only had a yoghurt for dinner x I am just wanting a healthy baby at either August or September x

Reactions: 1
@Lollipop19 @Easilyannoyed Thanks both, I do rationally know everything you said, I don’t care when baby comes I just want them healthy and happy. It’s just annoying to tell people your due date and there’s no nice comment, they just instantly go to saying something negative. But I guess that’s the trouble with being pregnant, people just comment and don’t think about what they’re saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Lollipop19 @Easilyannoyed Thanks both, I do rationally know everything you said, I don’t care when baby comes I just want them healthy and happy. It’s just annoying to tell people your due date and there’s no nice comment, they just instantly go to saying something negative. But I guess that’s the trouble with being pregnant, people just comment and don’t think about what they’re saying.
I was the youngest in my year as a late August baby and it’s great - you always get a sunny birthday, usually near a bank holiday, little one gets to spend their birthday doing something fun never at school, sitting exams etc. As an adult I am smug about being the youngest as my friends hit big birthdays a year sooner etc. Ignore the negative nellies, I swear some people just say some of this nonsense for the sake of speaking.

Reactions: 9
I initially felt the same as you @Kitt! But there are so many positives too - including one year less of childcare to pay for before your child starts school😉

Reactions: 5
I was the youngest in my year as a late August baby and it’s great - you always get a sunny birthday, usually near a bank holiday, little one gets to spend their birthday doing something fun never at school, sitting exams etc. As an adult I am smug about being the youngest as my friends hit big birthdays a year sooner etc. Ignore the negative nellies, I swear some people just say some of this nonsense for the sake of speaking.
This!

Reactions: 1
I’m 9+4 weeks today and I can’t shift these awful headaches. I don’t remember them being so bad with my first pregnancy. I’m drinking plenty sleeping as much as I can but it’s like I’ve been smacked over the head. I normally have migraines but these are different, like a tension headache. I’m taking paracetamol but it’s not touching it so any tips welcome 🥺

Oof had a bit of a down / hormonal weekend. Think the sickness returning has knocked me back a bit but also for some reason, Zoella’s announcement that she’s pregnant has cause me some aggro.

Firstly she’s able to know at 12 weeks that she’s having a girl. Now for this I can admit it’s pure jealousy. We’re finding out what we’re having on 23rd March and I’m just desperate to know at this point so I just got stroppy about that lol

Then in her thread everyone was saying how she’s had good timing cause her baby is due in September cause babies born in September do better in school. All I’ve ever heard when I tell people my baby is due august 30th is ‘oh you best hope baby is late, august babies don’t do well in school!’ And all this tit. It’s not like I can control when baby decides to arrive!

Also in her new video, Zoe is annoyingly sucking a sweet the whole time and food noises wind me up.Someone said it was for sickness, I said she could’ve managed without for the time she was filming that clip. And someone said you mustn’t know what it’s like to be pregnant and sick then!! Oooh the cheek. If only she knew.

so yeah I needed that rant. Basically I’m just a moany witch but everything’s got to me this weekend!
Oh @Kitt, im so glad i wasnt the only one feeling like this.
Im 11+2 and desperate for my dating scan and to hopefully have the tests saying my baby is good and healthy. Im also due in sept and wont be paying for these early fancy tests that give you all of the photos (grrr zoe) and the gender early. I found her annoucement upsetting too
I could pay for the test, but im waiting for my nhs one. Unfortunately its not booked until im 13+5 which feels like ages to wait when you have your hopes pinned on the magical '12 weeks'. Still can't tell people. Still hoping its real. Still keeping my hopes manageable.

I wasnt even looking for anything. I was on this thread and then had a quick browse at the main topics and came across the zoe one, then went to her instagram.

I had to remind myself that
1. Zoe being pregnant does not take anything from my pregnancy
2. Do not compare to zoe sugg who will have so so much free stuff given to her. Ignore it and avoid social media.
3. My pregnancy is my own and does mot need to be shared unless i want to.
4. For all we know zoe could have been trying to get pregnant for years. Its okay to feel happy for her and yet a tiny bit sad for yourself for being in diff circs to her.
5. My 13+5 week scan will come. My time to share with family and friends will come.
6. Maybe dont look at the tattle topics until after 13+5 🤣 (stay safe in the pregnancy topic). Although the comment about a lady having a miscarriage at 12 weeks has stayed with me and maybe thats why im still not feeling like i can totally chill today at 11+2.
7. I will hopefully have a gender scan at 16 or 17 weeks so ita not too much longer tp wait until after the 13+5 scan

Also @Kitt im an end of august baby. Virgos are awesome people. We have loads of friends around for our birthdays, cos we can. Think bbqs, sunny days in the gardens. Summer birthday hols if we want.
Im always the youngest amongst peers 😎

And also, duck other peoples unwanted opinions.

Reposted in the new thread #5

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Ahhh what a load of rubbish people spout! My nephew is youngest in his year and he is incredibly bright, and does very well at school. My friend’s daughter is 6 days before the cut off and again a very bright child, who is one of the top of the class. My own daughter’s birthday puts her as one of the younger children, and her teacher commented in the past how incredible her reading ability was for a “younger year” child. So don’t listen at all!

Conversely I was the oldest for my school year and while I did well at school, I had friends who did just as well or better who were almost the whole year younger!

Reactions: 2
I’m 9+4 weeks today and I can’t shift these awful headaches. I don’t remember them being so bad with my first pregnancy. I’m drinking plenty sleeping as much as I can but it’s like I’ve been smacked over the head. I normally have migraines but these are different, like a tension headache. I’m taking paracetamol but it’s not touching it so any tips welcome 🥺
I started getting these around 10 weeks and they lasted until about 17 weeks.

I actually found sleeping too much made it worse. Forcing myself to go out for fresh air really helped even if it was the last thing I felt like doing. And coke zero is a lifesaver!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.