Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My hospital does remifentanil which you get hooked up to an IV, and you press a button and it gives you a shot, but it wears off very quickly. Great stuff for the crux of a contraction, and doesn’t leave you too out of it for long (unless you press it every two minutes like I did 🤣).
I had that during labour with my first. It was great once gas and air just wasn’t cutting it any more.

Reactions: 1
Keep getting sharp pains deep in pelvis coupled with the urge to wee (but no wee there!) Only lasts seconds, is this what it feels like when the head is engaging? I hope so!
How much longer have you got until your due date? I never had this as I was induced but sounds like things are starting to move along for you, how exciting 😀

Almost 2 weeks of not being sick and feeling pretty good and then this morning I woke up and was sick and feel so nauseous I can’t move again. Been feeling so good and productive and then today I’m a big useless lump again haha help!
How far gone are you now? I had the same thing at around 13 weeks. Thought I was sickness free but it came back again for a week and knocked me for six! After that it disappeared again though, hope the same happens for you :)

How far gone are you now? I had the same thing at around 13 weeks. Thought I was sickness free but it came back again for a week and knocked me for six! After that it disappeared again though, hope the same happens for you :)
15 weeks on Monday. I was literally saying yesterday oh I feel so good yay second trimester and then today it’s back with vengeance haha hoping it goes soon for good like you!

Reactions: 2
Had a scan yesterday (36wks) for a minor issue.. and baby’s head is fully engaged 😳😳 I’ve been losing my plug all week too.. aaaah. I’m very relaxed about it all at the mo. Although why did my MIL decide to try and tell me her horrendous birth story when i saw her the other day 🙈 read the room, I don’t want to hear it!

Reactions: 10
Guys the thread suggestion really needs to say Pregnancy we love carbs and hopefully it works this time x

Reactions: 3
Had a scan yesterday (36wks) for a minor issue.. and baby’s head is fully engaged 😳😳 I’ve been losing my plug all week too.. aaaah. I’m very relaxed about it all at the mo. Although why did my MIL decide to try and tell me her horrendous birth story when i saw her the other day 🙈 read the room, I don’t want to hear it!
Good luck!
My second was fully engaged from 34 weeks and I still went over due 😂

With regards to birth plans and the expectations you may have going into labour if this is your first baby honestly just go with the flow. Whatever other pain you’ve ever been in in your life and think you’ve not got a high pain threshold etc. Labour is not like any of those other pains, yes it’s very painful, but it’s a productive pain, it’s manageable. Yes at times it’s excruciating but you will surprise yourself and manage whatever happens to you in labour and however you end up giving birth you will be so proud of yourself because at the end of the day you’ll have your long for baby in your arms. Labour really is just the beginning of the rest of your life with your child and if anything I think the first few weeks can be harder and take more of an emotional toll on your body. I’ve given birth 4 times and each one was very different, I’ve never been induced or had an epidural (I just don’t like the thought of needles in my back) I’ve always had pethedine or gas and air. My first labour was long and tiring but I did it, my second was ultra quick, just as painful as the first just over sooner. My 3rd was a dreamy home birth, a bit stop start and tiring but a really good positive experience. My 4th was horrendous. Longest labour to date, I screamed for an epidural but don’t have one as I was still to scared, longest pushing stage, retained placenta, lots of stitches and baby ended up in NICU for 10 days (he was born at 37 weeks and had immature lungs still) but do you know what that was manageable too, horrible at the time but I did it and now here I am at 29 weeks and can’t wait to do it again! What will it be like? Who knows? All I know is it’s going to be painful again but wow at the end of that baby girl will be here and it will all be worth it. We’ve got this ladies however our births work out. We really are champions. Xx
Thank you for this beautiful post- I really needed to hear this.
💛💛💛

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had my booking appointment this evening so have now been booked in for my blood tests and to see the community midwife next month! She called an hour early and although the letter said it would take an hour and a half, it was only half an hour.

All feels a bit more real now, can’t wait for my scan on Wednesday 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Keep getting sharp pains deep in pelvis coupled with the urge to wee (but no wee there!) Only lasts seconds, is this what it feels like when the head is engaging? I hope so!
Ive had the same from about 35 weeks and I’m up every hr in the night to pee and literally a trickle comes out lol. I think it’s more pressure from her head than anything. I had a scan last week though and she wasn’t engaged yet but dr said her head was sitting very low can feel pressure etc when I’m walking as well

I had a really vivid, horrid dream which I know comes with being pregnant. With my first pregnancy I had so many but this is my first one this time round. I hope its not the start 😳 anyone else experienced nightmares? I can still remember my worst 2 from last time like it really happened.

Reactions: 2
I had a really vivid, horrid dream which I know comes with being pregnant. With my first pregnancy I had so many but this is my first one this time round. I hope its not the start 😳 anyone else experienced nightmares? I can still remember my worst 2 from last time like it really happened.
I remember one specifically where me, my friend and sister stayed at a hotel and it was haunted and my sister got up to go for a shower and became possessed and then all these faces and arms started coming out of the walls in the room it scared me that much it woke me up it felt so real. That night my husband was on nightshift and I was in the house on my own and started hallucinating it was so scary that’s the worst one I had that I can remember haven’t had one since as my sleep hasn’t been great in the last trimester.

• Wow
I remember one specifically where me, my friend and sister stayed at a hotel and it was haunted and my sister got up to go for a shower and became possessed and then all these faces and arms started coming out of the walls in the room it scared me that much it woke me up it felt so real. That night my husband was on nightshift and I was in the house on my own and started hallucinating it was so scary that’s the worst one I had that I can remember haven’t had one since as my sleep hasn’t been great in the last trimester.
Omg that sounds awful! My first one, being chased by killer clowns. I hate clowns, always have. The second was I had a spider all tangled up in my hair, it would not get out kept getting more ans more tangled so I had to squash it. This lead to loads of baby spiders coming out of it and being all in my hair, getting more tangled 🤢 ughhhh it was awful. Last nights was more something that could happen rather than my crazy brain. Why does pregnancy and hormones do this? Like sleep isn't hard enough to get!

Ive had the same from about 35 weeks and I’m up every hr in the night to pee and literally a trickle comes out lol. I think it’s more pressure from her head than anything. I had a scan last week though and she wasn’t engaged yet but dr said her head was sitting very low can feel pressure etc when I’m walking as well
I had a scan on Friday but didn’t ask about the head being engaged (and as per usual nobody told me).

I had a scan on Friday but didn’t ask about the head being engaged (and as per usual nobody told me).
I don't think I've ever been told it at a scan.
Only got told when I went for a sweep with my last

Yep I had a really horrible one last night too about my pregnancy. I’ve always had vivid dreams but they’ve been much worse since being pregnant!

• Sad
I've had so many vivid dreams and a few have been scary and I wake up with that feeling where all my blood runs cold. But I'm also having stressful ones where everything I do is in a rush or highly stressed situations and I keep waking up with a jolt and a really fast heart beat. Last night it was my car was on fire on the driveway and I tried to rescue my partner's car, alert the neighbours and try to drive my burning car away from the house and then my phone wouldn't dial 999. Does not help the insomnia when I wake up feeling like I've been on a jog!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.