Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got a lotttt of lower back pain this morning. 15 weeks tomorrow. Anybody else had this?

Got a lotttt of lower back pain this morning. 15 weeks tomorrow. Anybody else had this?
I had low back pain around this time and later into 2nd trimester. I thought of it as ligaments stretching etc as uterus enlarged, not sure if that’s the case but it felt very musculoskeletal

My next appt is at 39+4 so I hope his head it engaged by then! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Wouldn't worry if not. Some babies heads just don't engage until labour.
Literally has no telling on how close you are to labour 😂 I think they just like to get peoples hopes up

Reactions: 1
I have my telephone appointment on Wednesday. I am 8 weeks 3 days. What should I expect? Will they tell me the date of my first scan? Thank you x

I have my telephone appointment on Wednesday. I am 8 weeks 3 days. What should I expect? Will they tell me the date of my first scan? Thank you x
They'll ask you a bunch of medical history. Family medical history like diabetes ect. The baby's Dad's family history and his.
All things like that.

You won't find out the date of your scan but they will request the scan for you so you'll get a letter within the week after with a date (usually)

I had mind yesterday (I’m 10 weeks), it was mainly a lot of questions about medical history, my partner and his medical history, family medical history etc. She asked me how I’ve been feeling and gave me some general advice about diet, exercise and getting lots of rest. I already have my scan booked but she did book me appointments to have blood tests and another with the community midwife x

Reactions: 2
They'll ask you a bunch of medical history. Family medical history like diabetes ect. The baby's Dad's family history and his.
All things like that.

You won't find out the date of your scan but they will request the scan for you so you'll get a letter within the week after with a date (usually)
Thank you. I will prepare all of this.

Trivial pregnancy symptom of this week is eyebrow loss...! need to renew my passport and take new photos (for a mortgage app, sadly not a holiday...) so decided to put some makeup on for the first time since NYE. And not sure how I didn’t notice before but both my eyebrows are noticeably thinner and have bald patches?! 😩 I had to fill them in with eyeshadow as I don’t have an eyebrow pencil 🤣

Now googling whether micro blading is safe during preganancy in case they fall out completely 🤣

• Haha
Trivial pregnancy symptom of this week is eyebrow loss...! need to renew my passport and take new photos (for a mortgage app, sadly not a holiday...) so decided to put some makeup on for the first time since NYE. And not sure how I didn’t notice before but both my eyebrows are noticeably thinner and have bald patches?! 😩 I had to fill them in with eyeshadow as I don’t have an eyebrow pencil 🤣

Now googling whether micro blading is safe during preganancy in case they fall out completely 🤣

I was due a top up of my permanent eyebrows last March... obvs lockdown that didn’t happen. Got postponed until September and then that got cancelled as she had to self isolate, rebooked for December another lockdown, then March so not allowed again! I haven’t text her yet to see if I can have them done whilst pregnant but I’m pretty sure their insurance doesn’t cover it! Eyebrows make such a difference to your face don’t they.
My friend is going through IVF and said her consultant told her Botox during pregnancy wasn’t “advised” due to research ethics but that she herself had it and it’s generally deemed as “not unsafe” in the kind of amounts injected on the forehead. I’m also overdue that thanks to lockdown so it would be nice to think it was safe & I could look nice and smooth when I’m otherwise fat and swollen!

I was due a top up of my permanent eyebrows last March... obvs lockdown that didn’t happen. Got postponed until September and then that got cancelled as she had to self isolate, rebooked for December another lockdown, then March so not allowed again! I haven’t text her yet to see if I can have them done whilst pregnant but I’m pretty sure their insurance doesn’t cover it! Eyebrows make such a difference to your face don’t they.
My friend is going through IVF and said her consultant told her Botox during pregnancy wasn’t “advised” due to research ethics but that she herself had it and it’s generally deemed as “not unsafe” in the kind of amounts injected on the forehead. I’m also overdue that thanks to lockdown so it would be nice to think it was safe & I could look nice and smooth when I’m otherwise fat and swollen!
Oh nooo! Bloody lockdown! So if you’re interested the general consensus from my 2 min of googling was a very solid no 😩😂 will just have to get skilled with a pencil!

You’re right though - TBH with these beauty procedures (like all things) it’s probably just something that no one has tested for obvious reasons, so they just say it’s not advised to be on the safe side

I was planning to have my brows microbladed too but you can’t do it when pregnant. It’s something to do with the pigments used I think. Plus as @SavvyBee said a lot of insurers don’t cover working on pregnant clients ☹

I’m going to book myself in for the full works once babies here! Eyebrows, Botox, lashes... or I’ll be sleep deprived and obsessed with my baby and won’t care 😂

For eyebrows I would get some soap brows and a good eyebrow pencil and tint your brows mine lol really full and never had them micro bladed. My hair I think is thinner though but it’s that long it’s at my bum so I think I need an inch off might thicken it up. Lockdown has taken a toll on all of our beauty procedures in not ruling out Botox in the future but I don’t feel like I need it yet I might feel differently when I am sleep deprived and age ten years x

Back to work for me tomorrow. Teaching in a tiny classroom with 32 kids! A portable Perspex screen has been put in my room as extra protection but it’s so hard if you can’t get near them. They’ll be wearing masks as well this time which is good but difficult.

Got 8 weeks until I’m classed as shielding so hopefully they will fly be without incident

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Back to work for me tomorrow. Teaching in a tiny classroom with 32 kids! A portable Perspex screen has been put in my room as extra protection but it’s so hard if you can’t get near them. They’ll be wearing masks as well this time which is good but difficult.

Got 8 weeks until I’m classed as shielding so hopefully they will fly be without incident
I was teaching until the schools closed in December (was 28 weeks at the end of jan) and it is SO hard to stay distanced from the kids. Even when I tried to stay at the front of the room a lot of times the rooms were so small I was still very close to them (we were moving to the kids rather than them to us so lots of different classrooms). It’s definitely not easy. Hope it goes well for you tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Good luck for tomorrow, and thanks for working so hard this year. I used to work in secondary schools and I know how hard it is so can’t imagine how this year has been. Hopefully these 8 weeks will fly by for you.

Good luck for tomorrow, and thanks for working so hard this year. I used to work in secondary schools and I know how hard it is so can’t imagine how this year has been. Hopefully these 8 weeks will fly by for you.
Thank you. It’s a weird mix of nerves but also craving normality. It has certainly been an interesting year and I’m sad for my exams groups that have been robbed of their opportunity to shine x

I'm back tomorrow too! Feels weird as when we closed for Christmas, I was only 8 weeks and now I'm looking at only 8 left before reaching 28 weeks with 2.5 of those as Easter holidays. I'm in y6 so the children are a little bit more aware but still not great. I haven't been overly bothered before but am a little apprehensive about tomorrow. Sure it will feel easier when we are in and the testing of the adults is a bit more reassuring. Good luck and hope it goes well!

Oof had a bit of a down / hormonal weekend. Think the sickness returning has knocked me back a bit but also for some reason, Zoella’s announcement that she’s pregnant has cause me some aggro.

Firstly she’s able to know at 12 weeks that she’s having a girl. Now for this I can admit it’s pure jealousy. We’re finding out what we’re having on 23rd March and I’m just desperate to know at this point so I just got stroppy about that lol

Then in her thread everyone was saying how she’s had good timing cause her baby is due in September cause babies born in September do better in school. All I’ve ever heard when I tell people my baby is due august 30th is ‘oh you best hope baby is late, august babies don’t do well in school!’ And all this tit. It’s not like I can control when baby decides to arrive!

Also in her new video, Zoe is annoyingly sucking a sweet the whole time and food noises wind me up.Someone said it was for sickness, I said she could’ve managed without for the time she was filming that clip. And someone said you mustn’t know what it’s like to be pregnant and sick then!! Oooh the cheek. If only she knew.

so yeah I needed that rant. Basically I’m just a moany witch but everything’s got to me this weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oof had a bit of a down / hormonal weekend. Think the sickness returning has knocked me back a bit but also for some reason, Zoella’s announcement that she’s pregnant has cause me some aggro.

Firstly she’s able to know at 12 weeks that she’s having a girl. Now for this I can admit it’s pure jealousy. We’re finding out what we’re having on 23rd March and I’m just desperate to know at this point so I just got stroppy about that lol

Then in her thread everyone was saying how she’s had good timing cause her baby is due in September cause babies born in September do better in school. All I’ve ever heard when I tell people my baby is due august 30th is ‘oh you best hope baby is late, august babies don’t do well in school!’ And all this tit. It’s not like I can control when baby decides to arrive!

Also in her new video, Zoe is annoyingly sucking a sweet the whole time and food noises wind me up.Someone said it was for sickness, I said she could’ve managed without for the time she was filming that clip. And someone said you mustn’t know what it’s like to be pregnant and sick then!! Oooh the cheek. If only she knew.

so yeah I needed that rant. Basically I’m just a moany witch but everything’s got to me this weekend!
August babies are awesome! I was born in the last week of August and it did me no harm. A girl I went to school with was 31st August and she’s now a solicitor. Ignore them! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I'm a teacher and I think that if the child has the right support outside of school, then summer borns can thrive just as much as other children. They might find it harder the first year or two because they have literally had one less year alive than some of the September babies but this can be avoided with support from home and access to pre-schools or nurseries with other children. And by the time they go to secondary school, the term they are born in plays no significance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.