Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Have my 12 week scan tomorrow I’m so excited, can’t wait to see the difference since the private one we had at 9 weeks!

Btw I’m actually still so so shattered all the time, I know it varies but I thought at this point I would have started feeling a bit more normal. I was on holiday from work last week and all I did was sleep. Back 1 day yesterday and had a day off today, was up at 9 back to bed at 12 and napped until half 1. Up again for a bit and napped again 3-6 😱 I know it is normal but I’m worried I’m just getting lazy now but I just can’t help it I feel exhausted all the time!
I’ve been wondering the same myself! I don’t remember being this tired last time - I’m not very busy at work and even though usually I’d make myself busy the ease of lying on the bed is too inviting - I might be a bit shattered from pregnancy and a bit lazy though 😆

I went shopping today and bought an intensive vitamin e body cream from Superdrug. I’ve just used it and it’s lovey. Looked on the small label and it’s got multivitamins in including vitamin a. So annoyed! Going to try and take it back tomorrow. I’m a bit grumpy today anyway as have a bad tension headache that paracetamol hasn’t touched.

fairylights2000

VIP Member
Out of curiosity how did other people get their blood test results after the booking appointment? Did the midwife ring you to discuss or is it the GP? My hospital has a shared electronic patient record where test results and appointments get logged and a couple of them say 'results will be released on X date' which is worrying me a bit as surely if it was straightforward then they would just release them?

Megatron1298

VIP Member
I bought the snuzpod next to me crib for this reason as the crib can be removed just like a moses basket. Not too heavy either and although the crib then sits on the floor it rocks too.

The pram we bought also has a sleep safe bassinet so we might use that too.
This is what we did too. Mainly used the pram bassinet as it was a bit easier/smaller for moving around

Nipslips

Chatty Member
This is a hard question to answer coz some people get so tired as the pregnancy goes on, and other people are fine right up until they go on mat leave. I personally wouldn't be happy doing it. I found I was totally winding down the closer I got to finishing work and found it very difficult to keep motivated (nothing to do with tiredness or pregnancy symptoms to be honest, could just see the end in sight and lost interest in work!).... Ultimately you and your baby are most important so look after yourselves.
Oh interest is very low as it is! I honestly hate going in everyday. And I don’t do well thinking and worrying about the work load in September as is. It’s not a job I can off load though so that’s added pressure. If I don’t do them in September they just get delayed until I return to work. That sounds bizarre to you all I understand but it’s just the way my job is. I might do half of them and delay the other half. It’s one of those problems I have to figure out for myself. Thanks for the reply too though

imtakingabath

VIP Member
What are people’s thoughts on manicures while pregnant? From what I’ve read it seems like normal polish is better than gel due to having to soak gel nails in acetone for removal…

Clickbait

VIP Member
Has anyone bought the iCandy Peach 7? Or the Maxi-Cosi Pebble 360 car seat? Be good to have some first hand reviews. Thanks 🙂

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
I'm 28 weeks and in desperate need of some new bras. Was considering buying nursing bras that I can then use when baby comes, but I'm assuming my boobs are going to grow so not sure what sizes to buy! What did everyone else do? And any decent comfy bra recommendations?
I have small boobs and bought some nursing bras from h&m for work. I have one good supportive bra and two without wires or structure, from h&m. When I’m at home I go braless. My boobs got “big” immediately and I have been using nursing bras from the beginning to save on buying a bunch of extra stuff since were planning on one kid.

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Anyone else have awful belly button stretching from an old piercing. I had it with my first pregnancy but don’t remember it being so painful. I have a scar/stretch mark that’s at least a cm wide and it feels like it’s stretching more now. I don’t care about the stretch mark it’s just so sore 😩
Me!!! I’m dreading it again. I just used to cover it in bio oil

FirsttimeTTC

Does anyone else have really bad gas? I’m convinced that’s what’s making me sick! TMI but when I’m sick sometimes nothing comes up and it’s just the loudest longest burps 🤢🤢🤢 I have bubbling in my sternum constantly and it just feels gross
How far along are you? I had the worst gas first trimester and a few weeks into the second, I was in so much pain, felt like I could be popped like a balloon & often felt an inability to burp too. I’ve actually just realised I’ve not had it in a while!

sassylash

VIP Member
hey guys what was everyone’s experience with 3D/4D scans please, in my area they offer 3d/4d sneak peak at the 16 week private gender scans and i’m scared if the baby is not formed yet lol 😂 went i saw the 12 week scan it was sooo lovely my baby waved 😻, but i just saw a huge head so i’m scared about the 16 week scan 3d sneak peak as i knows it’s recommended from 20-27 weeks anyone had experience thanks you x

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
I tried clary sage oil. Had a bath every night using it 😂

My midwife said to put it on the bottom of my feet 🤔 but I never did
I’ve just put a few drops in the bath now, some on cotton wool to smell and going to try the pressure points 😂😅 I’ve had mixed reviews and Amazon prime got the better of me 🤣!

Clickbait

VIP Member
I've been feeling really nauseous but not actually being sick - I get really hungry to the point of feeling sick, really quickly. Haven't been able to do anything for almost the last week including have a shower. The only thing that seems to work is eating almost constantly, had a snack at 10.30 last night before going to bed, woke up at 5.30 and forced down some houmous, flatbread and veg cous cous, went back to sleep and was starving again at 9.30. Feeling really miserable as all I can do is sit on the sofa and go to sleep. Does anyone have any advice?
Can you remind me if this is also COVID related or just a general pregnancy issue? Have you had any blood work done? I wonder if you might be deficient in something which could add to the tiredness.

I felt wiped out in the first trimester (didn’t help getting COVID too) but fortunately escaped any morning sickness. Not so much I couldn’t shower though and I was working full time inc. when I had COVID (I work from home mainly) so yours is a much more extreme case!

It’s recommended to eat little and often which is what you’re doing, and to take naps if you can.