Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay so I’m starting to think about the logistics of being in hospital and the first few days with Baby O and I cannot get my head around how to get organised 🤯

For example, is it bad to switch between formula brands? I need to bring some of those ready made bottles with teats to the hospital but the only ones I can find near me are Aptamil. However, when we get home I was hoping I could use the Aldi formula. Will I upset her tummy by switching brands?

And nappies - do I just buy loads of size 1s? Most of them say they fit babies 4-11lbs so I assumed they’d be fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is there a difference between brands/supermarkets? Im having visions of being stuck at home and running out of nappies or needing to get different ones 🙈

These are the things currently keeping me up at 4am - that and the hip pain and the peeing every 12 minutes 😰
Babies are a mine field!
we’re just working our way through a variety of different brand donated size 1 nappies left over by friends. All much of a muchness. I can’t tell any difference at all!!! Some of them I don’t even know what brand they are!
not Much advice for formula, I’m using sma and expressed breast milk. I’ve only been doing this 5 days so I’m no expert but she doesn’t seem fussy at all. Accepted a bottle straight away and saved my poor old nips 😂
She wouldn’t latch in hospital and they provided me a formula bottle, didn’t even use the one I bought.

Okay so I’m starting to think about the logistics of being in hospital and the first few days with Baby O and I cannot get my head around how to get organised 🤯

For example, is it bad to switch between formula brands? I need to bring some of those ready made bottles with teats to the hospital but the only ones I can find near me are Aptamil. However, when we get home I was hoping I could use the Aldi formula. Will I upset her tummy by switching brands?

And nappies - do I just buy loads of size 1s? Most of them say they fit babies 4-11lbs so I assumed they’d be fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is there a difference between brands/supermarkets? Im having visions of being stuck at home and running out of nappies or needing to get different ones 🙈

These are the things currently keeping me up at 4am - that and the hip pain and the peeing every 12 minutes 😰
Aptimil and aldi are the same formula almost to a T.
They're made in the same factory.

Nappies, I'd advise buying packs from each shops for you to use so you can find what ones fit best and work best for you.
Also beware picking up size 1s that tesco size 1 newborns are 2-5lbs 😂

I have been gifted pampers nappies before and I actually preferred supermarket brands and they're half the price! If you shop at aldi, aldis nappies are good!

Reactions: 2
We booked our early scan for around 9 weeks as couldn't get in before then. Woke up this morning with lower left abdomen pain and its freaking out. I'm 5w3d ish and now I'm panicking it's ectopic or something like that 😔 no shoulder pain, no blood or weird discharge, just the lower left pain. Not sure if it's normal and things are just moving around or growing. It's kinda come and gone a few times this morning. Had a poo🤣, that helped, but now it's back again. Might be just wind but just scared. Sorry, I feel better for ranting!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We booked our early scan for around 9 weeks as couldn't get in before then. Woke up this morning with lower left abdomen pain and its freaking out. I'm 5w3d ish and now I'm panicking it's ectopic or something like that 😔 no shoulder pain, no blood or weird discharge, just the lower left pain. Not sure if it's normal and things are just moving around or growing. It's kinda come and gone a few times this morning. Had a poo🤣, that helped, but now it's back again. Might be just wind but just scared. Sorry, I feel better for ranting!
Hi Fishsticks, don't worry, this happened to me last time (miscarried sadly) and a scan at 7 weeks showed everything was absolutely fine, just my ovary got stuck, so the niggling pain was from it being jammed. You'll be fine I promise, I'm the same as you - not had a scan yet so no idea on placement, I just tell myself that we would know about it by now if it is ectopic? (Pain, bleeding, shoulder/neck pain etc)? 🤷🏼‍♀️. I'm 6+4 just fyi xxx

I'm 5 weeks + 6 and I had this earlier this week. What was the pain like out of curiosity? I had quite sharp pains on one side earlier this week, really scared me. Lasted a day or two on and off and I don't seem to have had anything like it again. I do get random dull pains now and again though. No bleeding. I think its just everything moving around and growing in there!

Reactions: 1
I'm 5 weeks + 6 and I had this earlier this week. What was the pain like out of curiosity? I had quite sharp pains on one side earlier this week, really scared me. Lasted a day or two on and off and I don't seem to have had anything like it again. I do get random dull pains now and again though. No bleeding. I think its just everything moving around and growing in there!
Wow, all 3 of us are the same with how many weeks along we are 🥰 definitely a nerve wracking time. Fyi, I get dull cramps down there, usually last about 10 mins for me. Every now and then. I figured it was stretching, like you said? I also had some watery jelly light brown discharge twice on wiping last week, which freaked me out big time as didn't have it last pregnancy. Could be uterus stretching / embryo bedding in. Hope so anyways, clinic didn't seem to worried as it wasn't red so old blood xx

• Heart
Hi Fishsticks, don't worry, this happened to me last time (miscarried sadly) and a scan at 7 weeks showed everything was absolutely fine, just my ovary got stuck, so the niggling pain was from it being jammed. You'll be fine I promise, I'm the same as you - not had a scan yet so no idea on placement, I just tell myself that we would know about it by now if it is ectopic? (Pain, bleeding, shoulder/neck pain etc)? 🤷🏼‍♀️. I'm 6+4 just fyi xxx
Thank you!! Ahhh sorry to here about you MC, but pleased to hear you're rainbow bean is cooking away too! Cloesly to mine! 🌈

I thought the exact same. I keep thinking maybe it is, but then im like no no I would definitely know if it was keep! Never heard of a stuck ovary before, but gives me some comfort that it's not always the worst! Xx

Wishing you a healthy nine months, lovely!

Someone else who's close date wise!! Hope everythings going okay for you so far!!

That's what mine was like! When I was 4 weeks I had it (didn't realise I was pregnant) and then it went after a day and then now it's back again. Feels like a dull ache and sometimes a stab on the lower left side and I've had no cramps or pain on my right side. Bit of a sore back on the left too, but can feel the dull ache moving into my thigh so maybe ligaments etc?

Yeah, the good thing is no bleeding and I'm probably just worrying over nothing, but I'm just so anxious something is going wrong!

Last edited:
Those of you that have had Braxton Hicks… is it possible to get them just in one area? There’s a patch about the size of my palm that every now and again feels like it’s spasming inwards 🥴

Thank you!! Ahhh sorry to here about you MC, but pleased to hear you're rainbow bean is cooking away too! Cloesly to mine! 🌈

I thought the exact same. I keep thinking maybe it is, but then im like no no I would definitely know if it was keep! Never heard of a stuck ovary before, but gives me some comfort that it's not always the worst! Xx

Wishing you a healthy nine months, lovely!

Someone else who's close date wise!! Hope everythings going okay for you so far!!

That's what mine was like! When I was 4 weeks I had it (didn't realise I was pregnant) and then it went after a day and then now it's back again. Feels like a dull ache and sometimes a stab on the lower left side and I've had no cramps or pain on my right side. Bit of a sore back on the left too, but can feel the dull ache moving into my thigh so maybe ligaments etc?

Yeah, the good thing is no bleeding and I'm probably just worrying over nothing, but I'm just so anxious something is going wrong!
I've just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant and this was reassuring to read as I've been feeling that prior to finding out and had wondered if what was going on was normal!

It's nice to see others at the same stage as I am :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Those of you that have had Braxton Hicks… is it possible to get them just in one area? There’s a patch about the size of my palm that every now and again feels like it’s spasming inwards 🥴
Is it all the time or happening more when you’re doing stuff? As if it’s just one specific place it sounds more like broad ligament pain / like a pulled muscle?

Finally picked up pram today 😄. Had to cancel and get a refund from the original shop and brought from John Lewis as they seem to be the only place without delays!

If anyone is looking at cybex prams I would recommend ordering sooner rather than later! I’ve waited over 3 months for mine!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is it all the time or happening more when you’re doing stuff? As if it’s just one specific place it sounds more like broad ligament pain / like a pulled muscle?
No, usually I’m just sat or lying down minding my business 😂 usually it’s a one off but today I had 3 or 4 in a row a few minutes apart

Finally picked up pram today 😄. Had to cancel and get a refund from the original shop and brought from John Lewis as they seem to be the only place without delays!

If anyone is looking at cybex prams I would recommend ordering sooner rather than later! I’ve waited over 3 months for mine!
I see ads for that cybex double all over my Facebook. It looks lovely 👍🏻 I’m sure you can’t wait to have Baby Dip and Baby Dab (🤣) all cosied up in there!

• Heart
Quick question, anyone have the Infababy Moto Or Flo? Torn between the two. Want a very lightweight, easy to get around pram for day to day.

I've just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant and this was reassuring to read as I've been feeling that prior to finding out and had wondered if what was going on was normal!

It's nice to see others at the same stage as I am :)
Congratulations!!! 😍

I'm finding it so reassuring to read others are feeling the same. I think it can be so lonely the first few weeks. This is my first and I'm finding it difficult to navigate all these different things that are happening to me without always thinking the worst. Xx

Reactions: 4
Today has not been a good day for me. I had a terrible headache yet again. I burnt my toast this morning and cried. A few hours later I spilt a glass of squash on the floor and cried. Then this evening in the shower I suddenly got all hot and dizzy and nearly fainted. Hoping tomorrow is better but I’m back at work so I doubt it 😞😞

Edited to add there is no point to this post I am just feeling sorry for myself 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Congratulations!!! 😍

I'm finding it so reassuring to read others are feeling the same. I think it can be so lonely the first few weeks. This is my first and I'm finding it difficult to navigate all these different things that are happening to me without always thinking the worst. Xx
Definitely!

Ahh congratulations! This is my first too and I haven't told anyone yet so it's definitely lonely. At least there's people to talk to on here!

Today has not been a good day for me. I had a terrible headache yet again. I burnt my toast this morning and cried. A few hours later I spilt a glass of squash on the floor and cried. Then this evening in the shower I suddenly got all hot and dizzy and nearly fainted. Hoping tomorrow is better but I’m back at work so I doubt it 😞😞

Edited to add there is no point to this post I am just feeling sorry for myself 🙃
awwh bless you…we all have days like that. Hormones are heightened in pregnancy and it’s an emotional time. I was just sat crying at last few year Halloween pictures of my girls. Tomorrow will be a better day.

• Heart

I've definitely posted more than my share of posts of how my day has been tit thing after tit thing and how it's all added up and drained me. Tomorrow is a brand new day and hopefully one that goes better than today!

I've had a tit one today because I had a massive row with my husband, about how frequently he thinks I should be taking the baby round to see MIL during the week "as she can no longer drive due to ill health". Erm no, and her driving or not isn't the issue. If she could drive I wouldn't want her here all the time, underfoot and giving me unsolicited (and usually paranoid or obsolete) advice,. Even had the cheek to say that "I shouldn't isolate myself at home, it's not good for my mental health". Didn't realise my only choices were staying in (something I love tbh) or traipsing across town to spend the day with someone who drains me :rolleyes:
(Like..she's not my favourite, but course she's gonna have a relationship with her grandkid and *sigh* it does make logistical sense that I go there in the week sometimes, but not at the suggested frigging frequency, no way. That'd be more than my own parents, who I actually like).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.