Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I asked this a few pages back as I've got my home visit coming up.
Apparently it's mostly a chit chat...and a covert snoop of your house. I'm a bit nervous for it tbh, even though I have nothing to hide.

Yesterday my husband FINALLY did the last bits in the nursery that I've been oining for since August (put up the blind, had my dad pop round to help him move the wardrobe back in from the other room and built the cot). I feel so relieved as it's meant I could have a proper sort out of everything - I'm one of them that needs to SEE it all laid out to know where I'm up to.

Packed my hospital bag (well, first draft) tonight so I could visually see what I'm missing, as I'm 34 weeks now. Baby and husband are fine and I just need a water bottle and a couple of nighties I think. Just need to remember to throw some clothes in closer to the time, I don't have enough the right size to take any out of circulation at the moment, bras especially. Plus I might be up another bra size by then if there's up to another 8 weeks to go 🤷‍♀️
Ah I must have missed it! Got the letter through yesterday, I never even knew they come before birth!😅 hope yours goes okay!

Hello tattle friends, those cramps signalled the beginning of early labour and fast forward 10 hours and an emergency section due to tachycardia, here I am. Oliver ❤ - what a day! But my god, what a gorgeous boy 🥺
Massive congratulations xx

Hello tattle friends, those cramps signalled the beginning of early labour and fast forward 10 hours and an emergency section due to tachycardia, here I am. Oliver ❤ - what a day! But my god, what a gorgeous boy 🥺
Oh my, what a Beautiful baby 🥰🥰🥰 congratulations mama hope you are feeling well xxx

I asked this a few pages back as I've got my home visit coming up.
Apparently it's mostly a chit chat...and a covert snoop of your house. I'm a bit nervous for it tbh, even though I have nothing to hide.

Yesterday my husband FINALLY did the last bits in the nursery that I've been oining for since August (put up the blind, had my dad pop round to help him move the wardrobe back in from the other room and built the cot). I feel so relieved as it's meant I could have a proper sort out of everything - I'm one of them that needs to SEE it all laid out to know where I'm up to.

Packed my hospital bag (well, first draft) tonight so I could visually see what I'm missing, as I'm 34 weeks now. Baby and husband are fine and I just need a water bottle and a couple of nighties I think. Just need to remember to throw some clothes in closer to the time, I don't have enough the right size to take any out of circulation at the moment, bras especially. Plus I might be up another bra size by then if there's up to another 8 weeks to go 🤷‍♀️
Anyone who is in NI here did you have a home visit before baby was born? I didn't didn't with my son 5 yrs ago. Wondering has it changed?

Reactions: 1
Ohh congratulations and he’s just beautiful 😍

He’s gorgeous!! Congratulations 💙💙💙

36 weeks now, was laying in bed last night watching footballers wives and my fingers were itchy and uncomfortable… had to say goodbye to my wedding/engagement ring and 2 other rings I have on the other hand 😭 this is normal right? Swollen hands?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
36 weeks now, was laying in bed last night watching footballers wives and my fingers were itchy and uncomfortable… had to say goodbye to my wedding/engagement ring and 2 other rings I have on the other hand 😭 this is normal right? Swollen hands?
I think you did well getting to 36 weeks with them still on! Mine were off from about 6 weeks 🙈

I think you did well getting to 36 weeks with them still on! Mine were off from about 6 weeks 🙈
Oh my god! Really? Sure I’m a terror for google. I googled swollen fingers and the baby having hiccups in the womb and stuff about pre eclampsia and cord compression came up 😭😭😫

• Heart
Yep I’ve had to say goodbye to my rings too as my hands are a bit swollen 😩

• Heart
Booking appointment done 😁
Had a bit of a meltdown when I walked in and ended up having a little cry to the midwife about being here before and it not working out. She was so lovely.
Feeling a bit bruised and sore in both arms because my body just hates giving blood… booked my 12 week scan and I’m going to be so on edge waiting for that day now. I’ve booked another private scan for in the meantime and just hope baby hangs in there ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh my god! Really? Sure I’m a terror for google. I googled swollen fingers and the baby having hiccups in the womb and stuff about pre eclampsia and cord compression came up 😭😭😫
Hiccups are definitely normal. Mine have always had them 6 or 7 times a day!

Reactions: 4
Has anyone been diagnosed with GD in late pregnancy? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I didn’t get tested before because ‘I wasn’t at risk’
I’m 33 weeks and just wondering what happens next,

Yes I have had mine off for a while now, with my son I had them off from about 20-something weeks. It's most likely just the extra fluid in your body but I know it can be worrying as it can be a sign of worse but if that's the only symptom I wouldn't worry

Has anyone been diagnosed with GD in late pregnancy? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I didn’t get tested before because ‘I wasn’t at risk’
I’m 33 weeks and just wondering what happens next,
Yep, there’s a couple of us 😖
You’ll get a glucose test as you’re within the timeframe for it, otherwise you have to monitor your blood sugar levels. We discussed it on this thread from Thursday and there’s lots of recommendations/advice from all the girls on here ☺

Reactions: 3
Sorry to be a downer on here, but just need to vent. We have our scan tomorrow and hopefully going to find out the gender, and then we had a little reveal planned for the weekend with our parents and partners son, but today my parents have decided to announce that they are going to separate and divorce. Not the best timing and just feel like everything’s ruined :( I don’t know how I’m going to do all of the baby stuff with them separating🤦‍♀️ it will just make everything awkward.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Sorry to be a downer on here, but just need to vent. We have our scan tomorrow and hopefully going to find out the gender, and then we had a little reveal planned for the weekend with our parents and partners son, but today my parents have decided to announce that they are going to separate and divorce. Not the best timing and just feel like everything’s ruined :( I don’t know how I’m going to do all of the baby stuff with them separating🤦‍♀️ it will just make everything awkward.
Oh that’s so sad, sorry to hear that! Did they know you were going to do a reveal at the weekend? Are they still on good terms or would they no longer be up for going ahead with it now? ❤

• Heart
so I just got my induction date in the post and I’m having a little cry. I’m so scared. I have a massive phobia of hospitals. I’m scared of being induced. I have to go in alone at 8am and my partner can only visit during 11am and 8pm unless transferred to the delivery suite. I’ve heard of inductions takings days. I’m really hoping I go into labour before because I didn’t realise how scared I was until this letter just dropped through the door. Like it’s real. It’s happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.