Pregnancy #22 Sponsored by Halfords

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@wakametango thank you for this. Its really reassuring. Good to know its not just us. Its so hard to think about how men cope with pregnancy generally and the idea of a new baby. Hopefully all of our partners step up to the plate and surpass our hopes šŸ˜Š xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Now Iā€™ve just remembered the time after one of our babies I wrote a list for my husband of what we needed for dinners and sent him off to do the weekly shop. He bought every item on the listā€¦. But nothing else. So no food for breakfasts or lunch or anything, which I didnā€™t put on the list as I assumed it was obvious šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Now Iā€™ve just remembered the time after one of our babies I wrote a list for my husband of what we needed for dinners and sent him off to do the weekly shop. He bought every item on the listā€¦. But nothing else. So no food for breakfasts or lunch or anything, which I didnā€™t put on the list as I assumed it was obvious šŸ¤£
Mr šŸ would do the exact same thing. He doesnt think to check to see if were running out of milk, cheese or butter, cereal etc. He strictly buys when something is empty. Im more of a buy ahead (make sure we have plenty of tins in, fruit and veg etc) as i can see we only have milk for one more day kinda gal.

Its got to be a woman thing right

Reactions: 7
You know the ready made bottles you buy to bring into the hospital? How many would I need to bring in for 2 days (Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s all I will be in for if all goes well šŸ¤ž? And does anyone know the best way to store them? Like will I need to put them in a cooler bag or something? Jesus Iā€™d no idea about these ready made bottles until the were mentioned today! Soooo clueless šŸ˜­
For 2 days I usually take 4-6 and then attempt to breastfeed. Newborns tummies are soooo small like the size of a cherry (?) or smaller so they wonā€™t take much at all. And theyā€™ll be fine at room temp unopened like they store them in the shops, put the bottle in the fridge once itā€™s opened though and dispose of it after 24 hours maximum, Iā€™d say 12 to be safe (but someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong).

Reactions: 2
Husband once brought home a leek when I said I wanted spring onions. ā€œIt looks bigger so I thought it was better value for moneyā€.

I want to point out my husband is really clever, heā€™s got a masters in computer science and works in IT. Proper boring nerd. Leek and a spring onion? Same bleeping thing mate

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ah I was about to make a new threadā€¦ but has this thread had a baby yet?!? We only normally start a new one once weā€™ve had a baby!!

Reactions: 2
Husband once brought home a leek when I said I wanted spring onions. ā€œIt looks bigger so I thought it was better value for moneyā€.

I want to point out my husband is really clever, heā€™s got a masters in computer science and works in IT. Proper boring nerd. Leek and a spring onion? Same bleeping thing mate
When I met my partner he thought one clove of garlic was a bulb of garlic!
If he goes to the supermarket I have to write the list in the order he will come across the products in the store or heā€™ll say he couldnā€™t find them and come home with half the stuff. Just easier to do it online šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My husband is definitely looks at whats basically gone but he doesnā€™t think of dinners but just food items too like heā€™ll get various items but it canā€™t MAKE ANYTHING?!
Iā€™m always like, but what about lunch, dinner?!

Heā€™d happily go in and buy a trolley full of cookies, crisps and probably everything else thatā€™s bad for you šŸ˜‚
I reaaaaalllly hate planning dinners as we get into the same old rut and I can never understand why itā€™s always my Bloominā€™ job to think of whatā€™s on the menu, itā€™s like the name chat the other day why do they veto EVERYTHING but refuse any kind of input šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.