• 2nd

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • 3rd

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • Graduated but still here!

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Number 22. Wow!
It appears everyone gets their babies in at the end of every thread 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
These threads move so quickly! I missed the in laws chat in the last thread, but we told my partners parents this weekend. I love them both and they are really good to us, but my MIL has a tendency to take over, she’s very aware of it and tries to hold back a bit but not enough 😂
It’s been 2 days since they found out and already they have started throwing baby names at us, if we have a boy they want him to have the same name as my partner and that’s just a no from me. We haven’t decided on a name at all yet and only briefly spoke about ones we like, but they don’t like the ones that I like. I’ve already had to tell them and my partner that I don’t want to get engaged when I’m pregnant either as my MIL said we have to get married now. Oh and she keeps saying she can’t wait to tell people, I politely said that we would like to do most of the telling 🤣 and she said she wants to plan my baby shower which is fine, but I said I would like my mum and my best friend to be as involved in the planning too.

I feel like it’s going to be a long 5 months of setting boundaries.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
These threads move so quickly! I missed the in laws chat in the last thread, but we told my partners parents this weekend. I love them both and they are really good to us, but my MIL has a tendency to take over, she’s very aware of it and tries to hold back a bit but not enough 😂
It’s been 2 days since they found out and already they have started throwing baby names at us, if we have a boy they want him to have the same name as my partner and that’s just a no from me. We haven’t decided on a name at all yet and only briefly spoke about ones we like, but they don’t like the ones that I like. I’ve already had to tell them and my partner that I don’t want to get engaged when I’m pregnant either as my MIL said we have to get married now. Oh and she keeps saying she can’t wait to tell people, I politely said that we would like to do most of the telling 🤣 and she said she wants to plan my baby shower which is fine, but I said I would like my mum and my best friend to be as involved in the planning too.

I feel like it’s going to be a long 5 months of setting boundaries.
I was set on a name for my eldest. When I was in hospital being induced, I got a message from her dad saying ‘my sister and mum don’t like that name’ and then gave me a list of vile names 🤢 also, when she was born, I still had my legs in the stirrups getting stitched (forceps. Fun!) when she walked in. There’s a photo somewhere of her with the baby and my legs behind. So glad my husbands mum is not like that at all!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
@Easilyannoyed Congratulations! Can’t believe we’ve both finally got our babies after being here together since December 🧡 has she got ginger hair? Well done mama, enjoy your bubba xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This isn’t entirely pregnancy related but have any of your babies ever had a mag3 test? Got one booked in next month to check my little ones kidneys as one is quite dilated 😖

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Yay congratulations @Easilyannoyed ❤

Can anyone recommend places/shops/small businesses to buy Muslin clothes from? I would like some nice quality, big ones? Plain or patterned I don’t mind😊

I was set on a name for my eldest. When I was in hospital being induced, I got a message from her dad saying ‘my sister and mum don’t like that name’ and then gave me a list of vile names 🤢 also, when she was born, I still had my legs in the stirrups getting stitched (forceps. Fun!) when she walked in. There’s a photo somewhere of her with the baby and my legs behind. So glad my husbands mum is not like that at all!
this feels like my future 🤣 my partner started talking about names and to be fair I hadn’t said to him that I didn’t want to share ideas with other people, but I’m going to say to him that I’d rather just keep the name discussions between us from now on. His mum and sister have very different taste in names to me. I’m sorry but the part about the photo with your legs in the background made me laugh 😂 but my MIL would 100% do the same, god help me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yay 3rd trimester now! 🥳

Okay super weird question but nothing on here seems TMI haha. Obviously they say expressing can bring on labour but if you're being intimate can your partner go near your nipples or is that a no go before you’re ready to give birth? Is anyone making their partners avoid their boobs for this reason or is it absolutely fine? Asking for a friend 👀🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
this feels like my future 🤣 my partner started talking about names and to be fair I hadn’t said to him that I didn’t want to share ideas with other people, but I’m going to say to him that I’d rather just keep the name discussions between us from now on. His mum and sister have very different taste in names to me. I’m sorry but the part about the photo with your legs in the background made me laugh 😂 but my MIL would 100% do the same, god help me.
Honestly, she was so overbearing. I get it was the first grandchild on both sides, and we were youngish, but I just wanted to recover in piece without people walking in seeing my vagina 😂

ETA - honestly, this thread has made me realise what a wild 12 years I’ve had with babies, in-laws, overbearing mums, and how tough 2 out of 3 labours have been. Forgot about most of it 😂

This isn’t entirely pregnancy related but have any of your babies ever had a mag3 test? Got one booked in next month to check my little ones kidneys as one is quite dilated 😖
Hi, my little boy has. He has a condition which affects his kidneys and bladder and they are all dilated. He's under the care of GOSH until adulthood. It's actually so much easier to get them through these scans when they are teeny!
Let me know if I can help. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think we had a DMSA scan when he was 6 months as he had a few UTI’s and sepsis from it. It wasn’t fun, but as @WhatABore said it’s much easier to do these things when they’re smaller as they don’t remember and they stay still! We had the one where they injected dye into his urinary tract and then scanned him. We were under the care of our children’s hosp for about a year to check and all checked out ok. It certainly wasn’t fun to watch but I think mostly just uncomfortable for him, whilst as a parent you feel terrible just because it’s a crap situation

Congratulations @Easilyannoyed - so happy she’s here! As Kitt says, dying to know if she has ginger hair like you were keen on? Lots of love to you and your family 💕

Yay congratulations @Easilyannoyed ❤

Can anyone recommend places/shops/small businesses to buy Muslin clothes from? I would like some nice quality, big ones? Plain or patterned I don’t mind😊
Aden & Anais are the dream - gorgeous but mega pricy but they We’re in Black Friday last year.
Sainsbury’s do 2 packs of really large ones. One plain colour and the other patterned, they’re actually lovely.
I also just go in Amazon and type say ‘animal Muslin’ or ‘leaf muslin’ whatever patterns you fancy and you’ll get results.
Bambino mio also do some cute but less ‘elegant’ ones, more colourful and primark have lots in Disney patterns.

• Heart
@Nursty - Hey fellow due date twin 🥰 I’ve been thinking of you too! How are you feeling? Are you as prepared as can be? 😬. Aww thank you! 😘 My section was planned for Monday but I received a phone call yesterday pushing it back to Wednesday, luckily it’s only a couple more days to wait 🤞🏻

Does anyone have any c-section recovery tips? 💕

• Heart
@Nursty - Hey fellow due date twin 🥰 I’ve been thinking of you too! How are you feeling? Are you as prepared as can be? 😬. Aww thank you! 😘 My section was planned for Monday but I received a phone call yesterday pushing it back to Wednesday, luckily it’s only a couple more days to wait 🤞🏻

Does anyone have any c-section recovery tips? 💕
Stock up on paracetamol and ibuprofen now so you don’t fall foul of the only buying 16 in one go rule and get some silicone scar sheets from Amazon, around £10-15. Remember it’s major surgery and accept all the help you can, you don’t need to be superwoman, it can mean a longer recovery in the long run if you push too hard. Good luck for Wednesday!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.