Pregnancy #22 Sponsored by Halfords

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
- partner hates food shopping. He buys food when we have run out and its usually just as the shop is probably closing so its all the bits going out of date
Online food shopping is your best friend! We get 1 a week, and honestly, not only does it save money because I don’t end up in the clothes, it saves stress. Write out a list of dinners, it only have to be easy dinners and try and follow it (I write we don’t follow 😂)
Do NOT worry about cleaning the house to an inch of its life. You will never get the newborn stages back with the baby. And sleep is so important, sleep when you can. Things will get done. Maybe slower than normal, but they will
I would say batch cook, but I’m not a fan of it

It will be ok. Mr Pineapple might take a step back from his second job if you can afford it. Everything will work out, and you will get yourself into a pattern x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any batch cook ideas? So far I’ve planned lasagne, pesto chicken pasta, chilli… but struggling to think of much else (other than more pasta!)

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any batch cook ideas? So far I’ve planned lasagne, pesto chicken pasta, chilli… but struggling to think of much else (other than more pasta!)
I did cottage pie, curry (and bought microwave rice and naans to go with) fish pie and chicken stews.

Reactions: 2
So my friend has sent us 14 frozen home cooked meals from Cook. Equivalent of a weeks dinners for two. Might be worth checking out their website for ideas.
Ill tell you what she sent us
Chicken ham and leek pie
Cottage pie
Fish pie
Salmon and aspargus gratin
Macaroni cheese
Veg lasagne
Meat lasagne

Ive also made a cottage pie and 5 portions of bolognaise, so i only have to defrost and make pasta l.
Have bought several pouches of rice from aldi - about 50p each. 2 mins in the microwave and can eat if its cools down.

Other ideas - soups perhaps.. Although ive steered away from this as i like hot osup and probably not conducive to eating around a newborn.

• Heart
Risotto, fish pie, curry, beef stew & dumplings, chicken casserole. I keep wanting to say pasta dishes 😄

Random genuine question for mamas

how much of the looking after baby are you doing at the mo? (newborn /young baby).
What is the division between you and your OH ?

Just asking as Mr 🍍and i are wondering about our own set up. We obvs have no idea what to do re raising a new born (first time parents) and mr🍍 seems to think he can still do his second job delivering food two nights a week, carry on doing house tasks, whilst i focus on baby, cook and do food shopping. How realistic is that?

Just had an argument about it. Seem to be having lots of niggles currently. Mainly about him busying himself so much trying to be productive. He is wanting to provide for Us and do tasks i am not able to. (hes just been ripping out our old bathroom and sorting walls, window glass replacement). I just feel like he could chill out a bit more is all, but its SO important to him to do it all now.
I haven’t read the other replies yet, but with a newborn, or really up until about a year, I do 90-95% of the looking after (babies are breastfed which obviously shifts that balance somewhat). Honestly, my husband basically holds a baby while I shower, he changes a nappy when I say it’s needed, and he’ll hold baby while I do dinner or packer lunches or whatever.

Thanks for all of the replies ladies. Sending you all lots of love.

My main concern is getting to know baby, feeding her (hopefully breastfeeding). If this works, then id like to express after a month so partner can do one feed a day whilst i nap or do house work.

My main concern is
- partner hates food shopping. He buys food when we have run out and its usually just as the shop is probably closing so its all the bits going out of date
- he doesnt cook. Not really. Salmon with potatoes and greens are his speciality and he acts like gordon ramsey after making it.
- he doesn't clean the kitchen. He like to do it in the morning in one big go, if he has time, which means that until he gets round to it (11am), the kitchen is a state. He could quite easily fill the dishwasher.. But he doesnt..
- hes taking 1 week of pat leave
- he plans to keep working 2 jobs (to provide for us).

Thats about all i can think of right now.

Just said all of this to my best friend. She called me up. I feel much better now.
She said hopefully itll be different for mr 🍍once baby is here and he has a better underatandimf of newborn life. Right now he is basing our lives on how they are currently.he is basing out set up on the traditional set up of his folks. Mum full time childcare and housework. Dad full time work.
Thats fine. But we will have a newborn and i will be recovering post birth.. So we cant slip in to the traditional right away.. Is my thinking...

Best friend has said to try not to stress.. Could bring on labour.. Hadnt thought of that.. The one thing i havent tried😂🤔

❤ Thank you. This is what i needed to hear xx
I have now gotten to this bit 🤣 so I absolutely still find time to cook/clean etc while doing the vast majority of the baby Care (and childcare in general. My husband works so he’s out all day, I do baby and toddler all day, all school runs, homeworks, I plan meals etc!) Can you switch to online shopping? That is one thing that makes my life much easier!

• Heart
Pregnancy #23 honey, i waxed my ass! Sponsored by aldi nappies and tena lady 😂

New thread title in honour of @Smallpotato (i think, from about 15 threads ago re nair products) 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Curry, things like stew (or casserole depending what you call it!) lots of soups coming in to autumn/winter, bolognese

Reactions: 1
Girls
My husband was painting today. He left a little roller ok the side unused. The roller is now with me being squeezed and smelt. The craving of squeezing has begun!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Pregnancy #23 honey, i waxed my ass! Sponsored by aldi nappies and tena lady 😂

New thread title in honour of @Smallpotato (i think, from about 15 threads ago re nair products) 😘
I’m so proud of the effect I’ve had on you lot

I posted the link a bit ago but pregnancy pasta is really good to freeze. I also make burrito fillings as they can be frozen for burritos or to have with rice. Shepherds pie is a to go but I buy store made mash as I’m a lazy cow.

If you have a slow cooker, look up slow cooker dump and go bags. You make the meal, put it in the bag and freeze. Throw in slow cooker at a later date and you’re done. We lived off these when I was in covid icu.

Also start putting some money on a just eat account for those days when you just can’t be bothered. We have a Costa gift card that I top up ready for long appointment days at hospital.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I think the thing I struggled with post baby wasn’t the way my life changed as such… but I’d get this feeling of being touched out. Because I could never put my daughter down ever, and she’d only sleep at night cosleeping touching me. So by the end of the day I’d feel like omg I need some space now. And then my husband would come home and all he’d want was a hug but I’d be like christ, don’t touch me 😂 that was the main part of our relationship that changed, but it didn’t last forever. I think he felt a bit rejected initially but once I’d explained he sort of got it
💯💯💯💯💯

My husband is always coming a me for a hug or a kiss and I’m always like “do not even think about touching me”. I find that because I am touched all day by baby and toddler especially, I am quite literally touched out! I just want 5 seconds With no hands on me… then he comes at me and I can say no to him when I can’t to the kids. He thinks I’m mean, but I’ve explained a million times I just need a centimetre of space to breathe sometimes!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Let’s say I haven’t returned to the nair out of the fear 😮💨
I need to have a good go because I can’t see my vagina anymore and I was going to nair it because I don’t have 20 razors to blunt, but I think I’ll leave it 😂

• Haha
Thanks for all of the replies ladies. Sending you all lots of love.

My main concern is getting to know baby, feeding her (hopefully breastfeeding). If this works, then id like to express after a month so partner can do one feed a day whilst i nap or do house work.

My main concern is
- he doesnt cook. Not really. Salmon with potatoes and greens are his speciality and he acts like gordon ramsey after making it.
- he doesn't clean the kitchen. He like to do it in the morning in one big go, if he has time, which means that until he gets round to it (11am), the kitchen is a state. He could quite easily fill the dishwasher.. But he doesnt..
- hes taking 1 week of pat leave
- he plans to keep working 2 jobs (to provide for us).

Thats about all i can think of right now.

Just said all of this to my best friend. She called me up. I feel much better now.
She said hopefully itll be different for mr 🍍once baby is here and he has a better underatandimf of newborn life. Right now he is basing our lives on how they are currently.he is basing out set up on the traditional set up of his folks. Mum full time childcare and housework. Dad full time work.
Thats fine. But we will have a newborn and i will be recovering post birth.. So we cant slip in to the traditional right away.. Is my thinking...

Best friend has said to try not to stress.. Could bring on labour.. Hadnt thought of that.. The one thing i havent tried😂🤔

❤ Thank you. This is what i needed to hear xx
Honestly everything you listed is EXACTLY the same as my partner before baby.
He’s really stepped up. He even makes me a sandwich before work because I can’t manage it during the day. I haven’t lifted a finger of housework since she’s been born, 3 weeks ago, he works 3 jobs and was gone all Saturday and some of Sunday last week. He’s out tomorrow too working BUT he’s really stepped up.
He HATES food shopping but has gone off with his little list, can’t cook so we’ve lived off Charlie bigams ready meals, it’s the best he can do right now.
After what he sees you go through after the birth and how much you’ll need him I have no doubt he’ll step up for you xx

Edit to say I didn’t realise I’ve said step up three flipping times, sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Fajitas is a good one too as all you need is to defrost and throw in a wrap/taco whatever. Same as the other girls said, Bolognese, curry, cottage pie, even some ready meals when you CBA but don't want a takeaway

He’s really stepped up. He even makes me a sandwich before work because I can’t manage it during the day. I haven’t lifted a finger of housework since she’s been born, 3 weeks ago, he works 3 jobs and was gone all Saturday and some of Sunday last week. He’s out tomorrow too working BUT he’s really stepped up.
He HATES food shopping but has gone off with his little list, can’t cook so we’ve lived off Charlie bigams ready meals, it’s the best he can do right now.
After what he sees you go through after the birth and how much you’ll need him I have no doubt he’ll step up for you xx

just imagine Mr Tango tootling round the shop with his wee list and it’s adorable 😭🥰

• Haha

Firstly your partner sounds like a gem.
Secondly, you can never go wrong with a Charlie Bingham 🙌🏼 Worth every ridiculous penny of deliciousness.

You know the ready made bottles you buy to bring into the hospital? How many would I need to bring in for 2 days (I’m hoping that’s all I will be in for if all goes well 🤞? And does anyone know the best way to store them? Like will I need to put them in a cooler bag or something? Jesus I’d no idea about these ready made bottles until the were mentioned today! Soooo clueless 😭

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.