Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I have a daughter and we found out early December that this baby is another girl, I was so over the moon as I never had a sister growing up and think it will be great for them to have each other, but when i told my parents they were both so underwhelmed and said oh well Mabye a boy next time! It made me so annoyed especially because I had a miscarriage early 2019 and am just so pleased to be pregnant with a healthy baby! I don’t plan on having any more after this one so will just be 2 daughters for me 😊
Congratulations on your baby girls!! That's lovely news! I dont think people think things through before they say these things and it's so sad - having all girls or all boys or just the one is equally as lovely! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello 😊 Has anyone experienced annoying responses to people finding out your baby's sex? Im already a mum of one boy who's almost 9 and we had a surprise lockdown pregnancy after trying for 8 years! Anyway, I found out yesterday we are having another boy and honestly some of the replies I've had from close friends when I msged them to tell them, are making my blood boil. Replies such as. 'Ah never mind - it's ok to be disappointed etc' ... 'atleast its healthy'. one of my friends actually said 'atleast you've got poppy' (her little girl).

Of course it would have been just as lovely to have one of each and I know gender disappointment is a real thing but I am not disappointed and its annoyed me that people would assume I am upset to have another baby boy????

Am I just super hormonal or are these awful things to say? I'm happy I'm having a boy! My blood is boiling again as I write this honestly.

Any mums of multiple boys / girls had experiences like this??? X
We have 2 boys and had loads of ‘aww that’s a shame’ when we found out number 2 was a boy. I actually wanted 2 boys so was made up. I just tried to ignore it.

Then all we used to get asked was ‘when are you having a girl’ 🙄 I’d respond with never as we were done with 2. Now we are having a girl (lockdown accident) 😅🙈 but people assume we tried for a girl.

Reactions: 7
We have 2 boys and had loads of ‘aww that’s a shame’ when we found out number 2 was a boy. I actually wanted 2 boys so was made up. I just tried to ignore it.

Then all we used to get asked was ‘when are you having a girl’ 🙄 I’d respond with never as we were done with 2. Now we are having a girl (lockdown accident) 😅🙈 but people assume we tried for a girl.
Yes I think that's what I'm going to do too just ignore it! Congratulations 💙💙❤ got to love peoples assumptions lol x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thankyou for thinking of me. To be really honest I’m really struggling. My anxiety is through the roof... I just hope the next few days go past quickly.
Been thinking of you too. Do you know when you get your results? Not even gonna try and say stay calm cause I can’t imagine how worried you must feel. Everything will be ok x

Reactions: 2
Been thinking of you too. Do you know when you get your results? Not even gonna try and say stay calm cause I can’t imagine how worried you must feel. Everything will be ok x
they said most likely weds for the main three... then 7 days later for a full report. If it comes back negative they will start to look for heart defects and physical issues.

• Heart
Yes I think that's what I'm going to do too just ignore it! Congratulations 💙💙❤ got to love peoples assumptions lol x
It’s so good when you have the same sex if you’ve kept stuff too and you can re use it.

Hello 😊 Has anyone experienced annoying responses to people finding out your baby's sex? Im already a mum of one boy who's almost 9 and we had a surprise lockdown pregnancy after trying for 8 years! Anyway, I found out yesterday we are having another boy and honestly some of the replies I've had from close friends when I msged them to tell them, are making my blood boil. Replies such as. 'Ah never mind - it's ok to be disappointed etc' ... 'atleast its healthy'. one of my friends actually said 'atleast you've got poppy' (her little girl).

Of course it would have been just as lovely to have one of each and I know gender disappointment is a real thing but I am not disappointed and its annoyed me that people would assume I am upset to have another baby boy????

Am I just super hormonal or are these awful things to say? I'm happy I'm having a boy! My blood is boiling again as I write this honestly.

Any mums of multiple boys / girls had experiences like this??? X
Ergh don’t, we had a 3D scan and when my MIL saw it she said oh he’s got a big nose... wonder who that’s from? Honestly what a twit comment to make lol.
don’t let other people’s petty comments get to you babe, it’s soooo exciting that you’re having a little babe! Congratulations ☺

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Did anyone else find the cyclizine (sp) made you sooo drowsy 😴?
My sil can’t take it anymore as it made her too sleepy. I didn’t even realise that was a side effect until she asked me what I take (cyclizine) and I was like “holy duck. That explains a lot”. I am absolutely knackered on it all the time.

My first was a girl, second a boy, and people used to say I had “the perfect family”, as if somehow my kids would have mucked the family up if they’d both been one gender? It’s all nonsense. People don’t have a boy baby or a girl baby, they have a BABY because they want a little human in their life. People feel they can say anything to pregnant women.

Reactions: 10
Ergh don’t, we had a 3D scan and when my MIL saw it she said oh he’s got a big nose... wonder who that’s from? Honestly what a twit comment to make lol.
don’t let other people’s petty comments get to you babe, it’s soooo exciting that you’re having a little babe! Congratulations ☺
Omg how rude is that! What is wrong with people...! Thank you and you too!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For those that are finding out the gender of your baby, are you telling people straight away or waiting for a while/keeping it a surprise until baby is born? We found out last week but haven't said anything, I'm quite enjoying hearing people's guesses and why at the moment 😂. I think we will eventually tell, but trying to think of a fun way to do it (not a typical balloon or cake thing)!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
For those that are finding out the gender of your baby, are you telling people straight away or waiting for a while/keeping it a surprise until baby is born? We found out last week but haven't said anything, I'm quite enjoying hearing people's guesses and why at the moment 😂. I think we will eventually tell, but trying to think of a fun way to do it (not a typical balloon or cake thing)!
We told people, I’ve always found it annoying when people say they know the gender but act all coy about telling as generally I don’t care that much (sorry to be blunt!) and am more interested in the name which usually comes after birth!

Reactions: 9
Anyone having any cravings?

Not sure it’s a craving but I can’t get enough freezing cold fizzy drinks! Mostly Vimto (as it’s caffeine free) but loving Irn Bru which I’ve never really liked before and draft drinks from likes of McDonald and subway!

Not sure it’s a craving but I can’t get enough freezing cold fizzy drinks! Mostly Vimto (as it’s caffeine free) but loving Irn Bru which I’ve never really liked before and draft drinks from likes of McDonald and subway!
Irnbru for me too....needs to be freezing cold 😍 and ryvita with cream cheese and cucumber 😂 terrible MS so that's about all I've managed to keep down!

Irnbru for me too....needs to be freezing cold 😍 and ryvita with cream cheese and cucumber 😂 terrible MS so that's about all I've managed to keep down!
Nothing worse 😭 I’ve always loved ryvita but it’s giving me heartburn just now 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 2

I seem to be eating a lot of raw carrots 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Fizzy is something I can't get enough of this time. Not even the coldness, it's the actual fizz 😂
My second pregnancy was Fanta orange!

We told people, I’ve always found it annoying when people say they know the gender but act all coy about telling as generally I don’t care that much (sorry to be blunt!) and am more interested in the name which usually comes after birth!
Yes, this 😂 I always think that when people constantly post about it and then are like ahh but it's a surprise.
I'm sorry, but nobody else cares that much 😂
It's lovely that you do, but others don't

Fizzy is something I can't get enough of this time. Not even the coldness, it's the actual fizz 😂
My second pregnancy was Fanta orange!

Yes, this 😂 I always think that when people constantly post about it and then are like ahh but it's a surprise.
I'm sorry, but nobody else cares that much 😂
It's lovely that you do, but others don't

I just had a large Fanta from McDonald’s it was amazing 😂😂😍

Has anyone went off anything they normally love? I can’t stomach Coffee 🤮

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.