Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think everyone posting on other threads of pregnant influencers are desperate to force their negativity on them, probably because of jealousy.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
People just like to be dramatic especially when they know you’re a first time mum. I had a traumatic first birth, but it didn’t stop me going on to have another child and wanting more. While it can be hard and circumstances for everyone are different, it is a pain that many forget. In hindsight, I wish more women talked less about the gore and complications during labour (that not everyone will experience btw) and more about how to cope in those first weeks post-birth. I felt like I was way out of my depth and hormones had a lot to answer for.
After my birth I was kept in overnight and I'd never changed a nappy or anything before 😂
I was constantly pressing the button and the nurse kept coming asking if my baby was due a feed or due to be changed and I just kept staring at her like uhhh? 😂
Literally felt clueless!
And then she brought me a bottle and just told me to feed him the bottle and I was like Um... How often do I burp them and how do I do it? 😂

I hadn't even thought to read up on these things!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m 30 weeks pregnant with my second and terrified to give birth in this pandemic 😭
I have no personal experience of giving birth during the pandemic, but I have heard a lot of positive stories from new mothers who have. I feel for you, it must be stressful (as if being pregnant isn’t enough already), but I’m sure you will get through it just fine. Trust in yourself and your midwife/healthcare team ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m 30 weeks pregnant with my second and terrified to give birth in this pandemic 😭
I'm 36wks and not going to lie, feeling anxious too but, I'm on a FB group for the hospital maternity unit and absolutely everyone that's had their baby has said you wouldn't know the difference. First time and veteran mums alike.
Everyone coming up to birth is absolutely raging of course, demanding more for partners, wanting their older kids to go in, outraged that they have to wear masks (and generally misunderstanding the rules) etc which of course isn't going to happen and seems like a big old upset and waste of energy at this stage.

My main anxiety is that my partner get symptoms of covid and can't attend, for his sake and that initial baby bonding rather than mine. But we're doing all we can to make sure this doesn't happen, concentrating on the things we can control, trying to accept that there's a lot that we can't (even in 'normal' times) and having 'plan b' in place to try to mitigate the stress of changes. If they can manage to turn this baby I'm not even going in with a birth plan, it'd only upset me if it didn't happen.

@Upintheair83 Another nod for hypnobirthing. It’s not all the Earth mother, humming and meditating people make it out to be! As others have said, it’s about controlling your own anxiety and fears, and teaching you to relax and breathe. Learning to block out negative triggers to stop you going down that path and getting yourself in a panic. I was so, so scared for #4 after a very traumatic c-section with #3, and while he was very early at 32 weeks, I had a really lovely water labour and he was probably my favourite birth.

One of my favourite birth videos, if you want positive ones -
Nothing graphic, and her “I did it” at 2:50 makes me teary 😭

• Heart
@Upintheair83 Another nod for hypnobirthing. It’s not all the Earth mother, humming and meditating people make it out to be! As others have said, it’s about controlling your own anxiety and fears, and teaching you to relax and breathe. Learning to block out negative triggers to stop you going down that path and getting yourself in a panic. I was so, so scared for #4 after a very traumatic c-section with #3, and while he was very early at 32 weeks, I had a really lovely water labour and he was probably my favourite birth.

One of my favourite birth videos, if you want positive ones -
Nothing graphic, and her “I did it” at 2:50 makes me teary 😭
Thank you so so much! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰it made me teary too but just what I needed!
you are so right and Ithink hypnobirthing is the way for me. To be able to control my fears and just relax is what I need I think. I’m so grateful for your advice and encouragement xx

Reactions: 4
Hello 😊 Has anyone experienced annoying responses to people finding out your baby's sex? Im already a mum of one boy who's almost 9 and we had a surprise lockdown pregnancy after trying for 8 years! Anyway, I found out yesterday we are having another boy and honestly some of the replies I've had from close friends when I msged them to tell them, are making my blood boil. Replies such as. 'Ah never mind - it's ok to be disappointed etc' ... 'atleast its healthy'. one of my friends actually said 'atleast you've got poppy' (her little girl).

Of course it would have been just as lovely to have one of each and I know gender disappointment is a real thing but I am not disappointed and its annoyed me that people would assume I am upset to have another baby boy????

Am I just super hormonal or are these awful things to say? I'm happy I'm having a boy! My blood is boiling again as I write this honestly.

Any mums of multiple boys / girls had experiences like this??? X

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Hello 😊 Has anyone experienced annoying responses to people finding out your baby's sex? Im already a mum of one boy who's almost 9 and we had a surprise lockdown pregnancy after trying for 8 years! Anyway, I found out yesterday we are having another boy and honestly some of the replies I've had from close friends when I msged them to tell them, are making my blood boil. Replies such as. 'Ah never mind - it's ok to be disappointed etc' ... 'atleast its healthy'. one of my friends actually said 'atleast you've got poppy' (her little girl).

Of course it would have been just as lovely to have one of each and I know gender disappointment is a real thing but I am not disappointed and its annoyed me that people would assume I am upset to have another baby boy????

Am I just super hormonal or are these awful things to say? I'm happy I'm having a boy! My blood is boiling again as I write this honestly.

People seem to think everyone wants 1 of each.
I have a boy and a girl already and when I told friends about this pregnancy, a few of their responses were "Why? You've already got one of each?"
Had several people say that!
Same as when I told them my second was a girl, they were all saying "Oh yay, one of each. At least you don't need to have any more"

• Heart
Reactions: 9
People seem to think everyone wants 1 of each.
I have a boy and a girl already and when I told friends about this pregnancy, a few of their responses were "Why? You've already got one of each?"
Had several people say that!
Same as when I told them my second was a girl, they were all saying "Oh yay, one of each. At least you don't need to have any more"
It's so silly the assumptions people make isnt it, and the unnecessary comments that come with it! All babies are little miracles, and of course having one of each is lovely too...Why should having one of each mean youd not need to have any more? It's just crazy...The things people say eh!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

People are so weird about this tit. They’re just projecting their ideas onto you! Congratulations on having another boy, that’s so exciting. Don’t let them affect your happy news :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
People are so weird about this tit. They’re just projecting their ideas onto you! Congratulations on having another boy, that’s so exciting. Don’t let them affect your happy news :)
Thank you!! x 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
After my birth I was kept in overnight and I'd never changed a nappy or anything before 😂
I was constantly pressing the button and the nurse kept coming asking if my baby was due a feed or due to be changed and I just kept staring at her like uhhh? 😂
Literally felt clueless!
And then she brought me a bottle and just told me to feed him the bottle and I was like Um... How often do I burp them and how do I do it? 😂

I hadn't even thought to read up on these things!
I was in for a week afterwards with a poorly baby who screamed a lot, both of us on antibiotics for infections . My OH could visit between 9am-9pm but he also had uni work to do so wasn’t always able and the hospital was a pain for him to get to (he didn’t drive at the time). I was pretty much just left to get on with it, despite the surgery. I was on my feet as soon as possible and felt like I was in shock most of the time. It was hellish. I don’t like hospitals at the best of times.

Oh, all the time. 🙄
I have two boys and the amount of times I still hear it, is beyond ridiculous. I love my boys and wouldn’t change either of them for the world. Would it be nice to parent a child of the opposite sex for a change? Yes. But it’s not the be all and end all. I had children because I wanted them, not because I was trying for a specific gender. Some people don’t know when to shut up and mind their own business.

Oh, all the time. 🙄
I have two boys and the amount of times I still hear it, is beyond ridiculous. I love my boys and wouldn’t change either of them for the world. Would it be nice to parent a child of the opposite sex for a change? Yes. But it’s not the be all and end all. I had children because I wanted them, not because I was trying for a specific gender. Some people don’t know when to shut up and mind their own business.
Absolutely... completely agree with you! Its crazy people still have the audacity to say those things to you aswell. Sigh... Madness 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you!! x 😊
I can’t believe what some people come out with at times! Why do people always put a negative spin on literally everything? It’s so weird! Well congratulations on another baby boy! So precious 💛💛 enjoy celebrating your news hun xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Yes, I have a daughter and we found out early December that this baby is another girl, I was so over the moon as I never had a sister growing up and think it will be great for them to have each other, but when i told my parents they were both so underwhelmed and said oh well Mabye a boy next time! It made me so annoyed especially because I had a miscarriage early 2019 and am just so pleased to be pregnant with a healthy baby! I don’t plan on having any more after this one so will just be 2 daughters for me 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can’t believe what some people come out with at times! Why do people always put a negative spin on literally everything? It’s so weird! Well congratulations on another baby boy! So precious 💛💛 enjoy celebrating your news hun xxxx
I know right?? Thank you so much!! Posting here and hearing from you all has made me feel so much better xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I hate that! I’m a boy mumma and people always assume I want a girl. I don’t. I love my boy. I’d be happy more than happy to have another boy, id probably be a bit disappointed the other way!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.