Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All i see is a prominent single red line, what does that mean?
Single line means negative, however there’s a faint line there also on the other side, they say a lines a line! I had a similar result with my son very faint, I’m not convinced though as I have one more test still to do and this already has a line on it? However it’s not been used x

Went in to discuss with my consultant today after a 3rd degree tear with my second and having panic attacks over tearing again and also because I still get pain now.
She basically said no to a csection regardless of what I said.
Come away feeling super panicked now. I'd spent ages just working up the discussion in my head and making sure I got all my points across!
I know im
No expert but I am sure we have the right to decide if you persist not 100% sure on this but if it is making you anxious I would keep pushing it. X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I know im
No expert but I am sure we have the right to decide if you persist not 100% sure on this but if it is making you anxious I would keep pushing it. X
Yeah she's booked me an appointment with another consultant for a second opinion.
She said "Talk to another consultant and you'll see its not just me saying no"
😑

Single line means negative, however there’s a faint line there also on the other side, they say a lines a line! I had a similar result with my son very faint, I’m not convinced though as I have one more test still to do and this already has a line on it? However it’s not been used x
I think there's things such as indentation lines or something similar? 🤔 I think I was reading before. I didn't know it was a thing until recently

Reactions: 1
Yeah she's booked me an appointment with another consultant for a second opinion.
😑
Ugh so frustrating, did she give a reason for saying no?

😑
The doctor didn’t want me to have an early scan I had to demand it from them I am
Never usually like that but sometimes you have to put yourself first if you find the taring pain afterwards traumatic physically and emotionally they should take this into consideration be forceful x

Simply because of the risk of infection 🤷🏼‍♀️
Surely that is a risk of this from taring too I think that’s a stupid response however im
Not a medical person x

Reactions: 2
If you’re anxious and it’s affecting your mental health, I have no idea why they’re telling you no. It is your choice. I know they don’t take it lightly as c-sections are major surgery and not without serious risk, but at the end of the day it’s your body.

There is a risk of infection even in natural labour. I developed an infection in labour and ended up with sepsis.

If you’re anxious and it’s affecting your mental health, I have no idea why they’re telling you no. It is your choice. I know they don’t take it lightly as c-sections are major surgery and not without serious risk, but at the end of the day it’s your body.

There is a risk of infection even in natural labour. I developed an infection in labour and ended up with sepsis.
Exactly.
I mentioned several times about it causing panic attacks.
My labour was quite traumatic as well as the tearing which makes it worse.
Felt like she didn't even listen or care!
I told her I was well aware of all the risks as I've been reading about them constantly for the past month!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone! Not sure if this is right thread to post on but I need some advice! I’ve just taken this pregnancy test as not been feeling myself, come off pill around 7 weeks ago! I have this result below, it come up within the time frame! I never took my eyes off it watching it develop! However the other pics is a fresh test which hasn’t been used and it already has a line on? I’m going to test again tomorrow morning but it’s driving me maaaad :( x
View attachment 385351
Is this first response early result? They are the most sensitive so if not get yourself some of them! Agree there is a hint of a line but I’ve had lines like that before which stayed fixed so we’re probably just part of the test. First morning urine and test again in 24-48h (if you can wait that long!)

It’s more than that, increased risk of bleeding, increased risk of PE/DVT, prolonged hospital stay.... I do agree keep pressing your point though

Went in to discuss with my consultant today after a 3rd degree tear with my second and having panic attacks over tearing again and also because I still get pain now.
She basically said no to a csection regardless of what I said.
Come away feeling super panicked now. I'd spent ages just working up the discussion in my head and making sure I got all my points across!
I cannot believe that, she’s insane. It was actually recommended to me to have a section because of my third degree tear.

You can ask for another consultant and opinion, you don’t have to take her no as a final answer. (ETA just saw she has referred you to someone else)

@WhatABore see below for nhs guidelines

Attachments

I cannot believe that, she’s insane. It was actually recommended to me to have a section because of my third degree tear.

You can ask for another consultant and opinion, you don’t have to take her no as a final answer. (ETA just saw she has referred you to someone else)
Yeah I've got a second opinion in March.

Her only reason was literally the chance of infection.

I told her I was fully aware of all the risks.

I said how worried I was about tearing again and needing surgery and she said "Well, it's only a 7 out of 10 chance you'll tear that bad again anyway" 😑

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yeah I've got a second opinion in March.

Her only reason was literally the chance of infection.

I told her I was fully aware of all the risks.

I said how worried I was about tearing again and needing surgery and she said "Well, it's only a 7 out of 10 chance you'll tear that bad again anyway" 😑
She does understand numbers right?! 7/10 is high, what an idiot. It’s crazy how different things are in different places. But you have a legit medical reason for one, it’s not like you’ve just waltzed in and decided you can’t be arsed (no pun intended 🙈) pushing another one out.

Ask her how she would feel if her odds of ripping to her anus and potentially shitting herself for life were 7/10, would she be happy to go ahead.

Reactions: 6
She does understand numbers right?! 7/10 is high, what an idiot. It’s crazy how different things are in different places. But you have a legit medical reason for one, it’s not like you’ve just waltzed in and decided you can’t be arsed (no pun intended 🙈) pushing another one out.

Ask her how she would feel if her odds of ripping to her anus and potentially shitting herself for life were 7/10, would she be happy to go ahead.
Right?! 😂
I'm not just asking for one for no reason.
It's been hours since my appointment now and I still just keep randomly crying over it 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Hi everyone! Not sure if this is right thread to post on but I need some advice! I’ve just taken this pregnancy test as not been feeling myself, come off pill around 7 weeks ago! I have this result below, it come up within the time frame! I never took my eyes off it watching it develop! However the other pics is a fresh test which hasn’t been used and it already has a line on? I’m going to test again tomorrow morning but it’s driving me maaaad :( x
View attachment 385351
I can see a line and it looks exactly like the first positive pregnancy test I took. I too was not sure if I was seeing things or if it was an evaporation line so I didn't get my hopes up, tested again the next day and it was definitely positive!

I can't actually see a line on the blank test?

Oh another tip, invert the image colours and it might show you a clearer line.

Right?! 😂
I'm not just asking for one for no reason.
It's been hours since my appointment now and I still just keep randomly crying over it 😂
I’m not surprised, she has treated you very poorly. A lot of Trusts have places you can feedback about interactions with medical staff, you should look in to it as she has totally disregarded what you- the patient - want, and has upset you greatly.

Fingers crossed your next appointment goes your way. Will you see a midwife between now and March? If so you could chat through with her and get some back up x

I’m not surprised, she has treated you very poorly. A lot of Trusts have places you can feedback about interactions with medical staff, you should look in to it as she has totally disregarded what you- the patient - want, and has upset you greatly.

Fingers crossed your next appointment goes your way. Will you see a midwife between now and March? If so you could chat through with her and get some back up x
A week before my second opinion appointment I will see my midwife. I'll also have 2 more growth scans between then and another appointment with this consultant.

I think it's annoyed me more as well that I told her about panic attacks ect and she didn't even acknowledge that. Not in the slightest

• Sad
A week before my second opinion appointment I will see my midwife. I'll also have 2 more growth scans between then and another appointment with this consultant.

I think it's annoyed me more as well that I told her about panic attacks ect and she didn't even acknowledge that. Not in the slightest
Those alone should be enough reason for you to have the section. It sounds like she was appalling.

• Heart
I can see a line and it looks exactly like the first positive pregnancy test I took. I too was not sure if I was seeing things or if it was an evaporation line so I didn't get my hopes up, tested again the next day and it was definitely positive!

I can't actually see a line on the blank test?

Oh another tip, invert the image colours and it might show you a clearer line.
Hello! I’m going to test again tomorrow morning hopefully a little darker if it’s anything! Oh I have done that invert and there’s a deffo line there! Xx

So irrelevant compared to everyone’s actual issues but I can’t stop dribbling.

• Haha
So irrelevant compared to everyone’s actual issues but I can’t stop dribbling.
😂 I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing but I've woken up so many times with my pillow soaked. Not something that normally happens 😂
It seems to happen so often at the minute!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.