Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone asked me if I had an affair !!! šŸ˜”
My husband had cancer and treatment left him infertile so we had fertility treatment using a donor. And yep, some prick actually thought it was kind to ask if I had an affair cos ā€œ *husbands name* fires blanksā€
People are total dicks and it amazes me! There seems to be no filter when people think they can talk to a pregnant woman.
i would tell that person to straight up duck off!!! How rude!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
i would tell that person to straight up duck off!!! How rude!
I pretty much did!! It was over Instagram too. I posted about a pregnancy pillow and they messaged me asking if I was pregnant so I said yes, and it went from there.

My reply was blunt and I then removed that person from my followers. Iā€™m not saying it was a deliberate act to insult me, but sometimes things are better left unsaid. I wasnā€™t amused and in my opinion, it doesnā€™t matter where or how a child is conceived - itā€™s about the love it receives when born, and who itā€™s parent/parents/family are.

Reactions: 5
Not even 7 weeks pregnant and just got my first lecture from a colleague on how I should definitely breastfeed because I mentioned that I probably wonā€™t be.
How odd I have also been told about breast feeding but it isnā€™t something I have ever wanted to do either! X

I pretty much did!! It was over Instagram too. I posted about a pregnancy pillow and they messaged me asking if I was pregnant so I said yes, and it went from there.

My reply was blunt and I then removed that person from my followers. Iā€™m not saying it was a deliberate act to insult me, but sometimes things are better left unsaid. I wasnā€™t amused and in my opinion, it doesnā€™t matter where or how a child is conceived - itā€™s about the love it receives when born, and who itā€™s parent/parents/family are.
also people say some very insensitive things I think itā€™s lack of intelligence that is an awful thing to say but experience tells me they are morons. Good for you for blocking them. I have had people say things to me like im not a real parent because Iā€™m a step parent and judge me then people say when are you having children, even though I have mentioned my struggles before. People are very unkind sometimes ā˜¹ some of these people purposely say these things to hurt me and I pity themas I would never say these things.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
How odd I have also been told about breast feeding but it isnā€™t something I have ever wanted to do either! X
I never wanted to breast feed my first child and felt like I was pressured into it mostly by my mum who thinks sheā€™s an expert after having 4 kids šŸ˜‚ I did it for 4 months and it was fine but have decided I wonā€™t be doing it with this one. When we switched to bottles with our first it was sooo much easier!

also people say some very insensitive things I think itā€™s lack of intelligence that is an awful thing to say but experience tells me they are morons. Good for you for blocking them. I have had people say things to me like im not a real parent because Iā€™m a step parent and judge me then people say when are you having children, even though I have mentioned my struggles before. People are very unkind sometimes ā˜¹ some of these people purposely say these things to hurt me and I pity themas I would never say these things.
Some people just don't think at all!
My own Mum, at a family party, a month after my miscarriage, turned around infront of everyone and asked when I'm making her a grandmother because she's bored of waiting.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
My own Mum, at a family party, a month after my miscarriage, turned around infront of everyone and asked when I'm making her a grandmother because she's bored of waiting.
Im sorry she said that I genuinely think people donā€™t think sometimes as in donā€™t engage their brain even our close family and parents ā¤

Reactions: 3
My friend had twins and the first thing people said to her was how she had a ready made family now and wouldnā€™t need to have anymore. She was rightfully angry, who are people to assume she didnā€™t want want more children.
Another thing that annoys me is when people hear Iā€™m having my 4th, they find it funny to say to my husband ā€œtie a knot in itā€ & ā€œyou donā€™t want anymoreā€. We have always wanted a large family and as long as we can afford it and support our family why not. Itā€™s no one elseā€™s business šŸ™„.
Itā€™s like they see other people happy and want to rain on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My friend had twins and the first thing people said to her was how she had a ready made family now and wouldnā€™t need to have anymore. She was rightfully angry, who are people to assume she didnā€™t want want more children.
Another thing that annoys me is when people hear Iā€™m having my 4th, they find it funny to say to my husband ā€œtie a knot in itā€ & ā€œyou donā€™t want anymoreā€. We have always wanted a large family and as long as we can afford it and support our family why not. Itā€™s no one elseā€™s business šŸ™„.
Itā€™s like they see other people happy and want to rain on it.
This!! People just canā€™t help but add their opinion, and youā€™ll never please everyone!

Had an older woman once ask me if I was looking for condoms in the aisle at Tesco and pointed me to them! Honestly didnā€™t quite know how to respond to that one politelyšŸ˜‚ Was actually after shampoo but there you go.

• Haha
This!! People just canā€™t help but add their opinion, and youā€™ll never please everyone!

Had an older woman once ask me if I was looking for condoms in the aisle at Tesco and pointed me to them! Honestly didnā€™t quite know how to respond to that one politelyšŸ˜‚
When I was a teenager I used to put lube and condoms in peoples trollies if it makes you feel better then I would watch them find them at the till and would cry with laughter šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Iā€™ve had the same nonsense as well. One of my friends who is 52 and never had kids, told me ā€œyou wonā€™t bond with your baby if you donā€™t breastfeedā€

Utter ridiculous comment to make. Itā€™s my first baby and since people found out im pregnant, people turn into medical professionals and think they can just tell me what to do. Itā€™s v overwhelming!
I had a breast reduction at 18, therefore my nipples donā€™t work. I CANNOT breastfeed, the choice has been taken away from me.
As long as the baby is fed, who cares how itā€™s done?
donā€™t listen these people.
skin to skin is what helps to bond with your baby too, they encourage it for the first hour, it helps with breast fed babies and bottle fed. So itā€™s win win x

• Heart
Thats awful. Did she realise her gaffe? When we announced this pregnancy to my parents over zoom my mums response was ā€œā€finally! I was wondering what was taking so long!ā€ - miscarriage in April, second pregnancy announced end of July, hardly a long delay....

Reactions: 6
Hi everyone! Not sure if this is right thread to post on but I need some advice! Iā€™ve just taken this pregnancy test as not been feeling myself, come off pill around 7 weeks ago! I have this result below, it come up within the time frame! I never took my eyes off it watching it develop! However the other pics is a fresh test which hasnā€™t been used and it already has a line on? Iā€™m going to test again tomorrow morning but itā€™s driving me maaaad :( x
E5640144-B134-4D37-929C-ED09BED43F08.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone! Not sure if this is right thread to post on but I need some advice! Iā€™ve just taken this pregnancy test as not been feeling myself, come off pill around 7 weeks ago! I have this result below, it come up within the time frame! I never took my eyes off it watching it develop! However the other pics is a fresh test which hasnā€™t been used and it already has a line on? Iā€™m going to test again tomorrow morning but itā€™s driving me maaaad :( x
View attachment 385351
I can see a second line itā€™s so faint though, test again in a few days but looks really promising!

Edit to say if you can buy a clear blue early result rather that the cheapies youā€™ll get a much better result, I was still getting faint and negative tests with Asda cheapies when I was getting clear positives with clear blue

I can see a second line itā€™s so faint though, test again in a few days but looks really promising!

Edit to say if you can buy a clear blue early result rather that the cheapies youā€™ll get a much better result, I was still getting faint and negative tests with Asda cheapies when I was getting clear positives with clear blue
Thank you! My OH is not convinced yet! I have some light spotting too which I thought may have been AF i donā€™t know when my AF is due as not had one since coming off the pill x

Thank you! My OH is not convinced yet! I have some light spotting too which I thought may have been AF i donā€™t know when my AF is due as not had one since coming off the pill x
Did you take this one this afternoon? Take another test first pee of the day over the weekend, keep us updated šŸ˜ŠšŸ¤žšŸ¼

I second clear blue. I got stark white on Morrisons test but blazing positive on both clear blue and first response. Don't rate cheapies at all. Also I always got stronger lines at night rather than first thing in morning!

I literally took this one half an hour ago! I will do! Thanks very much for replying xx
You will get a much clearer result from first pee of the day, the line is faint but you can see it without having to squint your eyes šŸ˜… hopefully will be stronger next time you test x

Reactions: 1
Went in to discuss with my consultant today after a 3rd degree tear with my second and having panic attacks over tearing again and also because I still get pain now.
She basically said no to a csection regardless of what I said.
Come away feeling super panicked now. I'd spent ages just working up the discussion in my head and making sure I got all my points across!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
View attachment 385351
All i see is a prominent single red line, what does that mean?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.