Pregnancy #18 Spon by massages, tantrums and Mcdonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oooh how far gone was you then? I have one booked for 27+2😬
that was 28 weeks + 5 she looks so much like her dad the more I look at the picture! I wasn’t that into 4d scans or gender scans my fiancĂ© was the one who really wanted them but it’s helped me to bond so much with her like I can imagine her inside my tummy and my dad talks to her sometimes because she wasn’t moving the other day and I was a wreck and my dad got her to live by putting his hand on my tummy. She also kicked my partner in the head when he was talking to her đŸ€Ł

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What have you planned for the party? Personally if baby likes a sling/wrap/carrier I would pop them in that (people are less likely to want to disturb and hold) and when you're doing the invites I'd pop a note on them or a message response to rsvp's just saying that you want your first born to be the centre of attention that day but visits will be welcome before/after, whatever suits you best. I think everyone would understand that.
nothing massive. We’re planning a safari theme with buffet style food, balloons and just a family get together for him. We just want to make the day about him and celebrating him with our families. I thought about the sling but I remember when I went out with him when he was about a month and he’d fallen asleep in the sling my in-laws asked to hold him and when I said no they stormed out of the coffee shop we were in and just weren’t very pleasant about it (I don’t particularly like them, they made my first pregnancy & postpartum period really awful and anxiety filled).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Baby had their hands over their face the whole time! I did spy a very chubby cheek though. I went for a walk and downed a bottle of lucozade (hint: not ideal for heartburn đŸ€ą) and they were even more hidden when we went back in! Rebooked for next Friday late evening to see if they play ball. If they don’t then I’ll just take it as a sign we’re not meant to be so nosy! Baby is breech too, I know it’s early enough for them to move plenty but I’m currently googling techniques to get them to turn! They do have the cutest little foot I ever did see though đŸ„°
Go to the spinning babies website lovely.
A good trick ive heard from a midwife is to put a hot water bottle by your lower tummy and an ice pack on the top of your tum. Baby will want to turn away from the cold apparently ❄😊

The baby is now head down. 32+5 though so the bugger could be still go back the wrong way 😂 confirmed it’s a little butt that I keep feeling moving from side to side though, it’s quite uncomfortable!

Reactions: 7
The baby is now head down. 32+5 though so the bugger could be still go back the wrong way 😂 confirmed it’s a little butt that I keep feeling moving from side to side though, it’s quite uncomfortable!
Mine was head down at 29 weeks and now at 32 she’s breach again. 🙄🙄🙄 clearly likes somersaulting around

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Can anyone who’s been induced let me know what it’s like? Not the process, more the ward - is there curtains around the bed for privacy and stuff? Don’t tell me anything too negative please. Just practical stuff.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone who’s been induced let me know what it’s like? Not the process, more the ward - is there curtains around the bed for privacy and stuff? Don’t tell me anything too negative please. Just practical stuff.
With both mine I went in and was on a ward of 6 beds, which is their induction/monitoring ward. Like all the hospital wards at mine, the beds had curtains and the little trolley/drawer thing, and the usual medical bits around.
They came and did a few checks with me (BP, urine etc, like a midwife appointment) then I was hooked up to a monitoring machine to monitor babies heartbeat and my own stats for a while. I was offered a sweep, and checked for dilation, then I had a pessary put in (I know not all hospitals use these). With mine, I then had to stay in hospital, but was free to move about the building as long as I came back for my checks (every 3hrs at first). All my checks were done in my little “cubicle” and tbh I mostly stayed in there except using the toilet.
They had birthing balls etc available if you wanted, and one of the bathrooms had a bath to use if you wanted to. It wasn’t too busy with people coming and going, but every so often you’d get someone come in in labour and they’d be popped in the ward to be checked and stay there until moved to delivery. That was the worst but for me, hearing other women labouring 😣

There is always a plug socket per bed, and they will bring you any meals you are there for. There isn’t a lot of space round the beds so you may not want to take all your stuff up right away - OH can bring it up at a later point. They’ll bring you jugs of water as well, but it tends to be lukewarm đŸ€ą

Yeah you will have curtains around each bed space for privacy, there will be your bed, a chair a cupboard for your belongings & a table and then possibly a CTG machine cramped into the bedspace if they want to monitor baby

This week has been too much. Originally wanted a home birth
. Hopes of that we’re dashed at my 12 week blood results. Then I decided on the nice midwife birthing centre with possible water birth as I never made it into the water last time.
Growth scan a few days ago mentioned possible c section if my placenta doesn’t move from my cervix. (Wasn’t covering it before so not sure if it will move or not)
Now a Consultant appointment today and talks of induction at 39 weeks, or earlier if growth slows, placenta fails or c section a week earlier if placenta doesn’t move.
Totally okay to be heartbroken that it seems all my control has been taken away and it’s either an inducement in a bed, or planned c section isn’t it?
I get they want baby out safe and I want that too of course. But I’m still sad I won’t get the birth I want 😞 sorry for the rant. I think my partners sick of hearing me go on about it and doesn’t understand my sadness about it all so here is all I have to vent away I guess.
Like I’ve gone from having 12 weeks till baby could arrive to 9 or 10 weeks away (or sooner) and it’s kind of scaring me a little knowing it’ll be out of my control.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
. Hopes of that we’re dashed at my 12 week blood results. Then I decided on the nice midwife birthing centre with possible water birth as I never made it into the water last time.
Growth scan a few days ago mentioned possible c section if my placenta doesn’t move from my cervix. (Wasn’t covering it before so not sure if it will move or not)
Now a Consultant appointment today and talks of induction at 39 weeks, or earlier if growth slows, placenta fails or c section a week earlier if placenta doesn’t move.
Totally okay to be heartbroken that it seems all my control has been taken away and it’s either an inducement in a bed, or planned c section isn’t it?
I get they want baby out safe and I want that too of course. But I’m still sad I won’t get the birth I want 😞 sorry for the rant. I think my partners sick of hearing me go on about it and doesn’t understand my sadness about it all so here is all I have to vent away I guess.
Like I’ve gone from having 12 weeks till baby could arrive to 9 or 10 weeks away (or sooner) and it’s kind of scaring me a little knowing it’ll be out of my control.
Absolutely it’s ok to be gutted about losing what you had hoped for, and also losing control over what’s going to happen. Hopefully once they decide what type of birth you will be having you can work to find ways to make that a good experience for you, and tailor it to what you want, even though it will never be the same as getting the home birth you initially wanted xx

• Heart
Being induced like you are, it's normally a room with 1 other person in. With curtains all around your own bit 😊 and then when you get put onto the drip or you progress and it's time to break waters, they'll move you into your own room on the delivery suite.

Had to be checked every 3 hours and could walk about the hospital/outside as long as I was back for each check 😊

I have been induced 3 times, im pretty sure I started off in a private delivery room and moved down to antenatal ward with 3 other beds, like others have said, curtains around and privacy. Then, once you get to a certain amount of cm, they should take you to delivery. With my second, I managed to get to 7cm before going to delivery as they didn’t believe me 😂

Oh, yes, they will tell you to go for walks. They won’t want you in your bed. Find a coffee shop or something in the hospital. I remember going to Costa in the hospital having contractions and they kept telling me to walk 😂

With both mine I went in and was on a ward of 6 beds, which is their induction/monitoring ward. Like all the hospital wards at mine, the beds had curtains and the little trolley/drawer thing, and the usual medical bits around.
They came and did a few checks with me (BP, urine etc, like a midwife appointment) then I was hooked up to a monitoring machine to monitor babies heartbeat and my own stats for a while. I was offered a sweep, and checked for dilation, then I had a pessary put in (I know not all hospitals use these). With mine, I then had to stay in hospital, but was free to move about the building as long as I came back for my checks (every 3hrs at first). All my checks were done in my little “cubicle” and tbh I mostly stayed in there except using the toilet.
They had birthing balls etc available if you wanted, and one of the bathrooms had a bath to use if you wanted to. It wasn’t too busy with people coming and going, but every so often you’d get someone come in in labour and they’d be popped in the ward to be checked and stay there until moved to delivery. That was the worst but for me, hearing other women labouring 😣

There is always a plug socket per bed, and they will bring you any meals you are there for. There isn’t a lot of space round the beds so you may not want to take all your stuff up right away - OH can bring it up at a later point. They’ll bring you jugs of water as well, but it tends to be lukewarm đŸ€ą
ugh I love you, this is so helpful thank you!

Thank you everyone for info. Dreading having to walk round hospital. Husbands mother works there and we don’t have contact so if we see her I’ll be waddling off fast.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ugh I love you, this is so helpful thank you!

Thank you everyone for info. Dreading having to walk round hospital. Husbands mother works there and we don’t have contact so if we see her I’ll be waddling off fast.
That’ll get the baby out đŸ€Ł honestly I think I walked to the cafeteria once then just sat on my arse watching films all day đŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That’ll get the baby out đŸ€Ł honestly I think I walked to the cafeteria once then just sat on my arse watching films all day đŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł
I’ve got loads downloaded to my phone and got my big headphones charged up so I can just drown out the rest of the ward and relax. I want to just be as relaxed as possible to make it a positive experience. Hopefully they’ll give me a birthing ball and leave me to it.

• Heart
A friend of mine is pregnant as well, she's a few weeks ahead of me. We were mailing back and forth and she was saying how lovely and symptom free her pregnancy is. So I replied I had felt a bit down due to the whole GD mess to which she replied "oh yeah, the sugar test, I had a slightly elevated result on the first one, but the second one was fine. So happy I don't have to worry about that, there's enough food restrictions as it is already during pregnancy".
GURL, read the room 🙃

Ah well, had normal results today (no pasta, but potatoes for me), so that's a relief 🎉

Oh, ofcourse you feel like crap. The uncertainty, hormones and feeling that you're losing control are just the worst.
Take time to process and also grieve in a way. It'll get better and once more details are available, you'll be able to start preparing for another birth plan.
Rant as much as you want on here btw, it feels good sometimes to discuss this stuff with someone else than your partner ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone get a sore spot on their bump. Today my bumps been sore on the upper right hand side.
my blood pressure was done yesterday and all my results are fine, it didn’t hurt yesterday at my midwife apt. I just don’t know what it is. I’ve had it before and I think it comes and goes. I’m hoping it’s just growing pains. Google is not your friend. đŸ˜©

Does anyone get a sore spot on their bump. Today my bumps been sore on the upper right hand side.
my blood pressure was done yesterday and all my results are fine, it didn’t hurt yesterday at my midwife apt. I just don’t know what it is. I’ve had it before and I think it comes and goes. I’m hoping it’s just growing pains. Google is not your friend. đŸ˜©
Yes the top of mine aches a lot especially in the evening. I think it’s the skin stretching etc x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.