Pregnancy #18 Spon by massages, tantrums and Mcdonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My induction leaflet recommends I bring slippers. I don’t really wear slippers in general. Do I really need them or can I get manage without them? Maybe wear my flip flops or something? What do you think?

Reactions: 2
I posted on here a little while back about baby being transverse at 34 weeks…well she’s moved head down at the 36 week scan 🥳

however she’s had one hell of a growth spurt. Gone from 50th percentile to the 90th! Estimated at 7lb3oz currently. I know these growth scans are notoriously inaccurate so I’m not too worried. They have booked another for 39 weeks and if she’s big they’ll induce me then. It’s my first and I’ve had some high blood pressure so think they are being cautious but I’m happy to have her come a little early.

What kind of weights have you guys been given at 36 scans?
My eldest was meant to be (brace yourself) 12lb, scan was at 37 weeks, projected to be about 13.5lbs if I was induced at 39 weeks (I’m very tall/big so this was obviously “normal” for me). Obvious BS. He was definitely overdue despite being born at “39 weeks” according to their dates and was 9lb.

Youngest was 7.5lbs at 36 weeks scan and 8lb7oz born at 39 weeks so fairly accurate for him as they put on about .5 weekly I believe.

My induction leaflet recommends I bring slippers. I don’t really wear slippers in general. Do I really need them or can I get manage without them? Maybe wear my flip flops or something? What do you think?
Flip flops are fine! I wear my birks.

Reactions: 1
I just brought my flip flops as don’t have slippers and they were fine and very much needed for the showers!

Reactions: 2
I’m sure this has probably been mentioned before but those of you who went for early private scans what week would you recommend waiting until? I’ve heard 8 weeks is the most popular but I’m not sure!
Statistically if you see a heartbeat at 8 weeks you have a 98% chance of a successful pregnancy. So I chose 8 weeks as 98% sounded quite reassuring to me.

Ooh just realised we’re on page 54… lemme make us a new thread!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.