Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wakametango

Chatty Member
Morning mamas,
Thought I’d grace you with my story
I woke up at 4am all wet so I stood up and lots of liquid was coming out of me spontaneously without me pushing, clear & no smell.

i called triage and they said best I go down, left it an hour and nothing else came out but we decided best to go

Turns out I just pissed myself (floor and bed) 🙂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Hey everyone, hope you’re all ok 💖🥰

I just want to wish everyone well and loads of luck with the rest of your pregnancies and upcoming births 💖💖 but I need to take a step back.

My baby girl continues to battle hard and is in the safest hands possible receiving the best care and I’m so grateful and full of love however I’m really struggling.
I’m struggling getting my head around the abrupt way she was brought into the world at 31 weeks. I’m struggling to accept that I’m no longer pregnant, I’m struggling to leave my baby behind at the hospital and lie at home without her with, I feel like a mummy without her baby. I struggle to see her so vulnerable and not know what’s going to happen day by day, hear her little cries and not be able to explain to her what’s happening. As I try and recover myself physically and mentally and try and be a level headed parent i just feel like I’ve been sucked into someone else’s nightmare. But at the same time tell myself that every day she’s here is a good day.

anyway I’m rambling. Thank you all for the support on this thread I have received since I joined after reading those words pregnant on the pregnancy test. This really is the best community and you feel very much invested and apart of everyone’s stories and pregnancy journey. Sending love and luck to you all. Your babies are already blessed to have you as their mummies.

and please please if you do see you have excessive swelling to your feet, ankles, hands and face and feel unwell don’t dismiss it for usual pregnancy symptoms. Please get it checked out ASAP. It’s only that I happened to have my 30 week midwife appointment that same day that they prevented me from the next step of serious pre eclampsia and what probably would have gone on to be failure of my kidneys and blood clots. 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Dogwithabone

Chatty Member
had my beautiful baby girl this morning! Was due to be induced tomorrow woke up at 5am waters went got to hosp at 6:15 and was 9cm baby Isabella arrived at 7:18am. She is perfect in every way and I was home at 7pm! I can’t believe the difference between a normal labour and induction 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 43

123456!!12/

I think I’ll have had the last baby in this thread. He came dramatically this morning at 2.12am. My waters broke at 7pm and contractions started around 8.30pm. Ended up with an emergency section. Anyone worried about labour, it’s so true that you forget the pain once baby is here. Every contraction I just thought about meeting them (didn’t know sex) and each one was one step closer. Thank you all for the support and laughs throughout the past 38 weeks - you guys are the best and I really hope you all have easy labours and healthy happy babies. You all deserve it x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Hi ladies, little update from me. After being in hospital on Tuesday night, I refused to stay Wednesday night and went home with medication. Then at 445am Thursday morning my waters broke (it was honestly mental, they were gushing for a good 5 minutes!) Straight back to the hospital and I had an emergency C-section that afternoon.

Baby boy is doing well but because he was premature he's got a touch of jaundice, which we are hoping after 24 hours on the light bed treatment has now improved enough for us to go home tomorrow. Please god 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Kitt

VIP Member
Hello, just got back from the hospital. Baby was fine whilst being monitored and they’re happy with things. I was spoken to by a doctor afterwards and I explained to her that it’s not just today that movements have been reduced but the past 4 or 5 days I’ve noticed he’s really changed and doesn’t move anywhere near as much as he was. The doctor offered me a scan for tomorrow to check blood flow and fluid around baby and an induction for a week today. Looks like baby is coming next week :)

(positive induction stories only please)

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Ilando

VIP Member
my baby is one week old today and is worth every minute of the 6 months of sickness I experienced. Any mommies to be who are going through a rough time, know that it is all worth it when they grip onto your finger with tiny hands and you know that they are utterly dependent on you 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Hahahah I love that. I’ve got such a potty mouth 🙈 need to be careful when he gets older.
My toddler got a report from nursery for saying “Jesus CHRIST Tracey!” at his teacher when she didn’t give him an extra biscuit at snack time.

👀

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Kitt

VIP Member
Just walked into our bathroom and a tiny little bird flew at me and scared the life out of me. Lucky I didn’t wet myself tbh. I think we scared each other and it got stuck behind the radiator and went really still. I was so scared it had died. My husband managed to poke it out and catch it and we took it out to the garden and it flew away.

Some of you may think this is woo woo or whatever but little birds have been such a thing through my pregnancy. I kept seeing robins on important days - the day we found out we were pregnant I saw two robins together on our walk. I just knew. And then outside the hospitals /early scan places there was always a robin. I lost one of our twins and since then I kept seeing little birds and feeling a connection with them. At 17 weeks I was bleeding and I went to the hospital, before I went in there was a little bird on the sign outside and I knew things were okay.
Today I get my first signs that labour is coming soon (nausea, backache, tightenings) and a little bird comes into my house. I was so scared he was going to die but we got to set him free. It’s my little lost twin telling me things will be okay.
Before I was pregnant I would’ve rolled my eyes at all this but it means so much to me now. I can’t stop crying.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Just need to moan and this is the only place I feel I can do it so apologies for the incoming self pity!

Having an emotional hour just worrying about things. Worried about this last 8 weeks of pregnancy, worried about giving birth. Stressed about money as there’s so much we want to do in the next few years (house renovations, getting married) and I don’t know how realistic any of it is now that we’re looking into it properly. I earn more than my partner and not getting paid for 3 months at the end of my Mat leave worries me, even though we’ve been putting money aside when we can. He’s trying to get a job with more money but hasn’t managed it so far which I know makes him feel stressed and like he’s not providing for our family (even though that’s not what I think at all). This month I’m already in my overdraft because even though I budget we’ve had a lot to pay out for yet again.

Anxious about Covid and my choice not to have the vaccine, and trying to avoid mixing with people when all everyone keeps saying is “yeah but we need to see you before you have the baby and we’ve been vaccinated”. We’ll be isolating for the month before my due date to stop the risk of getting it but I’ve still had people asking why I’m doing that and if I’m that fussed why not just get the vaccine (like I’m not constantly thinking about whether I’m making the right decision).

And then to top it off I feel worried about the baby finally being here, will she arrive safe and healthy, how will we manage as new parents.

These are all quite trivial things really but I’ve just had a little cry as I just feel really overwhelmed. It’s probably hormones but urgh, I just feel sad!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Dipdab

VIP Member
Ok is it bad that I have a greggs next to my work, and that I go so often at lunch now they give me free stuff because I’m pregnant 😂 I just got a free doughnut with my baguette 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Kitt

VIP Member
Oh shit it happened. It just hit me. I’m having a baby next week. Next week i’m having a baby. A little (long) human is going to come out of me and he’s going to be mine and I’m going to look after him forever. Oh my word. I need a crisp sandwich.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

littlepup

VIP Member
Ha yes the Googling is too accurate, I think I’ve had every labour symptom going this week (bar my waters breaking and even then I had a moment 😬). They’re quite right when they say the last month of pregnancy drags!
First time I picked up my laptop after baby arrived and it was on the last page i’d viewed. Took a pic of course 💕
4FF009A8-F2F2-4B29-AF1E-80639553F545.jpeg

Edit: I don’t know why she’s wearing mitts when that suit had them built in. Perhaps I hadn’t worked that out yet 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

LongishCat

VIP Member
Soooo looks like I have GD 🎉😩
Have an appointment with a dietician (is that how you write that word?)in about 15 min.
I'm so bummed. No risk factors whatsoever, just bad luck...
Hope I won't have to restrict what I eat too much...
Craving some fruit and fries 😩

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I had a hd 4d abs I drank a can of Coke before and this one of the pictures 🥺 I haven’t shared this online before but if anyone wants a 4d scan I highly recommend the hd addition x
Baby had their hands over their face the whole time! I did spy a very chubby cheek though. I went for a walk and downed a bottle of lucozade (hint: not ideal for heartburn 🤢) and they were even more hidden when we went back in! Rebooked for next Friday late evening to see if they play ball. If they don’t then I’ll just take it as a sign we’re not meant to be so nosy! Baby is breech too, I know it’s early enough for them to move plenty but I’m currently googling techniques to get them to turn! They do have the cutest little foot I ever did see though 🥰
E94D8EF4-041F-4A12-841C-E6D545E58FA4.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I just wanted to say, today is my last shift. My last 12.5 hour shift. I literally never ever thought this day would come. I love my job, but if I could I would cartwheel outta here tonight.

P.S Last shift, & I'm still doing what I do best, hiding in the cupboard for 5 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
So ive just tried pereneal massage tonight. No idea if i did it right. I had to squat on the floor and do one thumb at a time 😂

It was a weird sensation to be technically fingering myself naked, squating on the floor, whilst trying to stretch something down there (is my thumb in the 3 o clock position?) and having no idea if i was doing it right and then changing hands and hoping i was doing it for long enough😅

#pregnancyglamour
#TMI

Anyone else tried it and got any tips? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 19