Pregnancy #14 sponsored by discharge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah well the 12 week scan was a MASSIVE milestone for us but noone ever tells you about the bit afterwards (this bit) šŸ˜‚ it's dire! Esp when now is the time you start telling people and then you're like hmmmm am I jinxing it? šŸ¤”

I've no idea, I hope so, I think my placenta is at the side so I'm so thankful for that. I keep pressing down hoping I'll feel something cus they're wee skitters and don't like being poked and prodded lol
I know I shouldn't but I'm holding on to the fact you're feeling yours at 17 weeks and hoping for the best lol
Ooh, youā€™ll have your 16 week midwife as well, where you will get to listen to the heartbeats. That is another huge sigh of relief!
Ive just checked and google said twin pregnancies arenā€™t different to single ones, but you should feel movements around 18-20 weeks. And those 4 weeks are going to fly by!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yeah well the 12 week scan was a MASSIVE milestone for us but noone ever tells you about the bit afterwards (this bit) šŸ˜‚ it's dire! Esp when now is the time you start telling people and then you're like hmmmm am I jinxing it? šŸ¤”

I've no idea, I hope so, I think my placenta is at the side so I'm so thankful for that. I keep pressing down hoping I'll feel something cus they're wee skitters and don't like being poked and prodded lol
I know I shouldn't but I'm holding on to the fact you're feeling yours at 17 weeks and hoping for the best lol
Twin pregnancy here too, my stomach didn't grow much between 12-18 weeks then it just ballooned all of a sudden now 25 weeks & I look full term! Fingers crossed you will feel something soon. Have you got your 16 week midwife check coming up? Are you scheduled in to see a consultant soon to book in your growth scans? X

Ooh, youā€™ll have your 16 week midwife as well, where you will get to listen to the heartbeats. That is another huge sigh of relief!
Ive just checked and google said twin pregnancies arenā€™t different to single ones, but you should feel movements around 18-20 weeks. And those 4 weeks are going to fly by!!
Sorry to but in, on multiple pregnancies they won't listen in to heart beats for risk of picking up the same heart beat twice, they may listen further along in your pregnancy when they know the position of the twins but it's at the midwives discretion

Reactions: 3
The area I live and work in has the highest delta rates in the country and I was informed a few weeks ago I won't be redeployed at 28 weeks anymore.
@Borntorun same as you, and Imthankyou. Very apprehensive so Iā€™ve emailed HR.

Also midwife told me yesterday that they donā€™t listen to heartbeats on Dopplers anymore!

Twin pregnancy here too, my stomach didn't grow much between 12-18 weeks then it just ballooned all of a sudden now 25 weeks & I look full term! Fingers crossed you will feel something soon. Have you got your 16 week midwife check coming up? Are you scheduled in to see a consultant soon to book in your growth scans? X

Sorry to but in, on multiple pregnancies they won't listen in to heart beats for risk of picking up the same heart beat twice, they may listen further along in your pregnancy when they know the position of the twins but it's at the midwives discretion
Oh sorry! Thanks for letting me know and correcting me. I wouldā€™ve been none the wiser! I hope there is more support out there for multiple pregnancies x

Also midwife told me yesterday that they donā€™t listen to heartbeats on Dopplers anymore!
The 28 week policy should still stand with ICU staff, I pray for you that your trust implement something with you soon!!

• Heart
The 28 week policy should still stand with ICU staff, I pray for you that your trust implement something with you soon!!
We have gone up to 6+ covid cases in my unit, occy health havenā€™t returned my emails and my managers havenā€™t rang me. Arggghhh!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I do hope they will! About 3 weeks til my next appointment and it just can't come soon enough! Thankfully then the 20week one should only be another 3 weeks away!

I can't wait til I'm at the stage like other tattlers chatting about sweeps and labour šŸ˜‚

That is SO reassuring! Cus this wee pooch just looks like I've eaten too much ATM lol how early did you start to feel your Babs? And are they your first?
Yes I'll be 17 weeks for my next app and that'll be with the consultant with the twin clinic and then I'll get my future appointments after that. My 12 week blood results hadn't come back in time for my last appointment so I haven't got my folder yet šŸ˜”. I have a millions books and leaflets and tit to get through though so it'll keep me occupied!

I do hope they will! About 3 weeks til my next appointment and it just can't come soon enough! Thankfully then the 20week one should only be another 3 weeks away!

I can't wait til I'm at the stage like other tattlers chatting about sweeps and labour šŸ˜‚

That is SO reassuring! Cus this wee pooch just looks like I've eaten too much ATM lol how early did you start to feel your Babs? And are they your first?
Yes I'll be 17 weeks for my next app and that'll be with the consultant with the twin clinic and then I'll get my future appointments after that. My 12 week blood results hadn't come back in time for my last appointment so I haven't got my folder yet šŸ˜”. I have a millions books and leaflets and tit to get through though so it'll keep me occupied!
They are my 2nd & third babies. I could feel pops at around 16 weeks but only on one twin as the other twin has a placenta at the front. I know it's easier said than done, just take it one day at a time. I know exactly how you feel I don't think the worry ever wears off I'm 25 weeks and even though I can feel them I still sit up sick with worry. Fingers crossed the next few weeks fly by! And don't forget EPU&triage are always at the other end of the phone x

• Heart
The title of the thread is giving me life ladies šŸ¤£ the next one is sponsored by swollen private parts šŸ˜œ

• Haha
Reactions: 13
In response to the Mam bottles and water seeping in of you stand them in a jug of water. I've been using them for 3 months now and not had an issue.
We did have one bottle with a dodgy seal that did leak constantly though

In response to the Mam bottles and water seeping in of you stand them in a jug of water. I've been using them for 3 months now and not had an issue.
We did have one bottle with a dodgy seal that did leak constantly though
Ooh yeh mam bottles are so good especially for not needing a steriliser! They weren't very good for my son's colic though he got in better with the Avent colic bottles but each bay is different I suppose we tried Dr brown's aswel and they leaked like mad

Evening ladies, another new thread. Wowzers! Hope you're all ok and having a nice evening x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
They are my 2nd & third babies. I could feel pops at around 16 weeks but only on one twin as the other twin has a placenta at the front. I know it's easier said than done, just take it one day at a time. I know exactly how you feel I don't think the worry ever wears off I'm 25 weeks and even though I can feel them I still sit up sick with worry. Fingers crossed the next few weeks fly by! And don't forget EPU&triage are always at the other end of the phone x
I hope I never have to go back to epu ever again šŸ˜‚ They said when I left that the only reason they want to see me back is if I'm about to pop and just calling in to say hello šŸ˜‚
At least I have a vague idea what it might feel like then, I'm not the most observant lol

Thank you for all that reassurance, it's made my evening a wee bit comfier lol

I hope I never have to go back to epu ever again šŸ˜‚ They said when I left that the only reason they want to see me back is if I'm about to pop and just calling in to say hello šŸ˜‚
At least I have a vague idea what it might feel like then, I'm not the most observant lol

Thank you for all that reassurance, it's made my evening a wee bit comfier lol
Any time! Being pregnant is scary add into the mix multiple losses and then a multiple birth it's daunting! It's no walk in the park like people make it seem!

• Heart
Ladies I'm having a bit of a freak out!
I'm 14 weeks today with my 4th pregnancy, but I've never got as far as this before. Nausea has kinda stopped, constipation is very real and headaches are the bane of my life atm.
I am OBSESSED with how big my bump is (I'm carrying two) and I'm so worried I haven't grown much in a week.

I know it sounds silly but after 2 missed miscarriages you just know how nothing can determine that everything's ok. Symptoms mean nothing. Been seeing way too many ladies chat of 2nd trimester loss too and ugh, just having a day of it šŸ˜­
Fellow twin pregnancy here šŸ‘‹šŸ¼. My sickness stopped around 14 weeks and was also replaced by awful headaches. Iā€™m still having them now (20 weeks tomorrow). My bump suddenly came out of nowhere around week 16, I donā€™t really notice it getting bigger but Iā€™m gaining lots of weight šŸ˜…. I had a few flutters at week 17 and now getting full on kicks every nighttime! Are you having a 16 week growth scan at your hospital? I know not all hospitals start the regular scans that early on?
I constantly worry too especially soon as you hear twins and ā€œhigh risk pregnancyā€. Sending you a big hug ā¤

New title is giving me life šŸ˜‚ hope everyone is doing ok

Iā€™ve come over spotty! Iā€™ve got a spot on my chest, back and another on my chin. Who said pregnancy was full of glow and glamour?! Iā€™ve jus managed to chill the hormonal ones on my chin to gain the new one today. Fuming.

@Gorbs Iā€™m 16w today and still get moments of dread where itā€™s like limbo. Iā€™ve felt odd bits of popping and my bump is starting to show but sometimes I feel antsy about it like, Iā€™m supposed to feel chill now right!? So I totally feel you.

Reactions: 5
my friend had the balloon but it never 'fell' out when she was 3/4cm like they told her it would. She was telling them over and over she was definitely further and they left her overnight and when they next checked she was actually 6cm (and furious)!!! Another had the pessary and actually progressed much quicker than they thought they told her the pessary would be slower than the balloon but they couldn't get the balloon in either. Took her about 8hours to be 2cm dilated.

Fellow twin pregnancy here šŸ‘‹šŸ¼. My sickness stopped around 14 weeks and was also replaced by awful headaches. Iā€™m still having them now (20 weeks tomorrow). My bump suddenly came out of nowhere around week 16, I donā€™t really notice it getting bigger but Iā€™m gaining lots of weight šŸ˜…. I had a few flutters at week 17 and now getting full on kicks every nighttime! Are you having a 16 week growth scan at your hospital? I know not all hospitals start the regular scans that early on?
I constantly worry too especially soon as you hear twins and ā€œhigh risk pregnancyā€. Sending you a big hug ā¤
Wouldn't wish the nausea and headaches on anyone but it's so weird the relief you feel when you know you're not the only one haha

I'm so so excited for the flutters! Just anything to know they're happy and kicking away in there! I already know they are from their activity on the scans so šŸ¤žšŸ¤ž they keep it up!
I think I am yes, I'm booked in for something in 3 weeks anyway so I assume it's another scan! So I'll be 17w for that, one at 20w and then I think every 4 weeks until near D-day. I've been spoiled so far so I'm just not used to the 4 week wait lol

Thank you for the hug, hugs all round for us all! šŸ„°šŸ„°

New title is giving me life šŸ˜‚ hope everyone is doing ok

Iā€™ve come over spotty! Iā€™ve got a spot on my chest, back and another on my chin. Who said pregnancy was full of glow and glamour?! Iā€™ve jus managed to chill the hormonal ones on my chin to gain the new one today. Fuming.

@Gorbs Iā€™m 16w today and still get moments of dread where itā€™s like limbo. Iā€™ve felt odd bits of popping and my bump is starting to show but sometimes I feel antsy about it like, Iā€™m supposed to feel chill now right!? So I totally feel you.
Omg the spots! I used to have bad acne when I was younger and my mum ALWAYS said it would clear up like a baby's bum when I got pregnant...
When is this meant to happen mother?!

As duck insta mums who pretend it's class and worry free after 12 weeks!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Had the midwife today, getting offered a sweep in 2 weeks time šŸ˜¬ also got given leaflets about induction, either an at home one (balloon) or the in patient one (pessary). Has anyone ever had either of them? Is one better than the other? Hopefully it won't come to that but I'd like to be prepared šŸ˜¬
I've had 2 of mine with pessary šŸ˜Š
With my 13 week old, I had a 24 hour pessary, they took it out after about 18 hours because my waters started leaking, and then got put on the drip in the afternoon and she was here about 3 hours later

Some do, some don't at all. All trusts are different.
Mine don't do it until 24 weeks. My friend didn't have it at all šŸ˜Š

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.