Pregnancy #12 the joys of pregnancy (and eating)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I threw up with spaghetti during my pregnancy and couldn’t eat it again throughout! For some reason I also threw it up in the bath as opposed to the toilet (no idea why) so pulling out spaghetti from the plug was a lowlight!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I started welling up reading this and got to the last line and actually balled!

Reactions: 3
Midwife said to me yesterday shell be surprised if I even make it past 38 weeks because I'm getting so much cramping early signs of labour

Reactions: 6
I started welling up reading this and got to the last line and actually balled!
dont cry!!!

Honestly my Dad started saying how he’s going to play football with him, and name his company “and Grandson”, it was so sweet.

My Dad is desperate for me to have another boy!

Reactions: 11
Everyone has been excited, my partner was a bit shocked when he found out we were having a girl. His family has all had boys and I think he assumed he was gonna get one too.

I spoke to him about it and I think he was just worried, in his words... "I don't understand girls" "We will have to send her to karate so she can protect herself" and various other little worries.

He's okay now and he deffo wasn't being funny when he found out, I think he was just apprehensive. She will 100% be a daddies girl when she's here.

I have a few different groups of friends and one of them I’m the first to get pregnant two are married one is single but they seam to be going out of their way to be disinterested and discuss how their not sure they want children all the time and make the meet ups as late and boozy as possible. I feel like their being a bit mean but am I just being oversensitive? We’re all 33 btw it’s not like we’re teenagers.

Reactions: 7
Omg same but I’m 5ft6 and I’ve put on over 2 stones. Haven’t changed my diet and walk with the dog most days. I know I’m having a big baby (estimated 10lb) but yeah the weight gain is really hard to feel relaxed about.
Had a date night last week, felt great saw pics my partner took the next day and was shocked at how I looked! I’ve ballooned and now sporting a double chin. I’m like a quarter back!

Reactions: 1
dont cry!!!

Honestly my Dad started saying how he’s going to play football with him, and name his company “and Grandson”, it was so sweet.

My Dad is desperate for me to have another boy!
Honestly just so sweet!

We’re not finding out so I’m glad to be able to avoid any annoying comments (hopefully people keep them to themselves once baby is born one of the other!). My husband already has a son and a daughter who are older so everyone expects him not to care because he has “one of each” already, it annoys me as I feel like there’s this intonation that he already has the “perfect pair” so this baby shouldn’t really matter so much! Irrational hormones speaking maybe, but I’ve noticed I’m very quick to jump in with “actually I’m the one who doesn’t mind, he wants a girl”.

I’m so glad your dad and little one are so close! My dad adores me but isn’t winning any fatherhood awards, he’s not in to kids at all so my expectations are set pretty low for how interested he’ll be with the baby but maybe he’ll surprise me.

Reactions: 2
I feel the go fuck your self deep in my soul at the moment. My partner is being all kinds of absolute douche bag currently.

I threw up with spaghetti during my pregnancy and couldn’t eat it again throughout! For some reason I also threw it up in the bath as opposed to the toilet (no idea why) so pulling out spaghetti from the plug was a lowlight!
Oh no!!! Thankfully I made it to the toilet! So gross feeling it hanging out your mouth though ohhh the glamour!

I feel the go fuck your self deep in my soul at the moment. My partner is being all kinds of absolute douche bag currently.
'Go fuck yourself' is up there as one of my top used phrases at the minute x

Reactions: 1
Sounds like our house minus the toddler woke up on Sunday and there’s a brand new Xbox in living room when baby has no steriliser, bottles, breast pump, sleep suits or swaddles yet

Reactions: 2
I’ll add to the partner being a dick…
He’s just flicked one of my very large, hormone filled boob as a joke..

I swore a lot and he’s now hiding upstairs

Reactions: 10

Sounds exactly like something mine would do fuckers!

Reactions: 4
Hope it helps!

I also brought Yakult but I loooove the taste of that, I know it can be an acquired taste xx
My dad used to give this to me as a teenager with a breakfast bar before school the thought of it makes me feel ill the taste is definitely for a different pallet than mine I used to just hide the mini bottle in my blazer pocket and throw it away at school

Which colour did you get? It’s my partner who likes this mima pram the most I like it but I don’t know about the practicality side I think it’s gorgeous but I am for once trying to look at loads of options even all terrain style as I live in the middle of nowhere but I will update you as to what we get as I can’t be mad at him for wanting to buy a girly pram he said I can even have pink there is a cybex priam with flowers that is pink which I like too so we shall see what I end up with x

Sounds like our house minus the toddler woke up on Sunday and there’s a brand new Xbox in living room when baby has no steriliser, bottles, breast pump, sleep suits or swaddles yet
My partner has rejected a ps5 I said we could pre order it for collection I think he’s lost the plot but I am not going to complain xx

Last edited:
My partner has rejected a ps5 I said we could pre order it for collection I think he’s lost the plot but I am not going to complain xx
Clever man! I’ve not the heart to tell my one he won’t have time soon! He’s adamant his old life will continue, that’s for him to slowly realise not for me to keep going on about

Oh my god my husband does stupid shit like this too or comes up and feels my boobs like trying it on. Fuck off.
The granda comments I would love a boy just for this alone!! My Dads family is all girls and I’d love for him to get a grandson to do all the things he didn’t get to do with me I think he would be over the moon

Reactions: 4

Mine tried to grab one of mine for a laugh the other night, my reflexes are very good, no chance!!!

I already have a girl and am having a boy so getting a lot of ‘ooh one of each!’ comments, so I can only imagine if I was having another girl I wasn’t bothered either way, beats me how other people make stupid comments about it, I mean we can’t actually choose, you get what you get

Ugh my partner does this too. Not sure about anyone else but I feel like my relationship with my boobs have totally changed and I don't want them touched

I'm one of three girls and people would constantly send 'commiserations' to my dad. He always replied with 'I'm relieved to be honest, I know what boys are like - I was a nightmare '

Honestly my new favourite thing for rude/intrusive comments (on anything) is just to ask why. 'Why would I/my husband be disappointed?/What makes you say that?' etc. It forces the other person to reflect on what they've said and they soon feel like a tit. Other than that I'd just be super breezy and make it clear that you're both thrilled to be having another girl, actually.

I swear there's something about births, marriages and deaths that really brings out the bastard in people.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.