Postpartum fat loss and fitness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love to start running I really want to start couch to 5k but it’s just finding the time!
Nike Run Club app is another good one I would recommend. It has all different types of beginner running guides from 15 minute runs to light jogging, getting started, intervals, tips etc! Solidarity when it comes to finding the time ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sodding strained my hip flexor being an arse and trying to keep up with my OH whilst running yesterday (whilst pushing the buggy too...) :rolleyes: 😭

Was going to go and swim this morning but decided to be sensible and leave it until Thursday or Friday. Hoping it's just a bit angry and gets better with some stretching and a gentle day of very light movement (AKA walking to and from my coffee machine).

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Started back at crossfit last week with two session and good god I can only stand up straight again today 🤣 felt like I was hit by a train! Was so good to be back, went to a new gym so initial nerves but everyone was dead nice and just love the environment of getting a brutal workout done to decent music and some time to myself🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Started back at crossfit last week with two session and good god I can only stand up straight again today 🤣 felt like I was hit by a train! Was so good to be back, went to a new gym so initial nerves but everyone was dead nice and just love the environment of getting a brutal workout done to decent music and some time to myself🤗
How do you like cross fit? I've started doing Hyrox classes and it appeals to my running obsessed self, but I've always wondered about cross fit.

Also do you know what a buy in is? It keeps popping up in our gym on the whiteboard (just a cheap 24/7 gym, big purple brand) for some of the classes and I am mystified!

How do you like cross fit? I've started doing Hyrox classes and it appeals to my running obsessed self, but I've always wondered about cross fit.

Also do you know what a buy in is? It keeps popping up in our gym on the whiteboard (just a cheap 24/7 gym, big purple brand) for some of the classes and I am mystified!
I like it and you would be good with it as you have to be fit and strong and currently I am neither just stubborn and competitive 😆 I think the main difference is you are trying to lift weights under fatigue?
Ah you have to complete that before you start the workout! Like 50 sit up buy in means you have to complete all of them before you can start the workout, nice added bonus🤨 The lingo is so confusing and I think that's probably why people find it so over the top like just use normal phrases! That and the having to high five everyone after a workout 🙄

Reactions: 2
I like it and you would be good with it as you have to be fit and strong and currently I am neither just stubborn and competitive 😆 I think the main difference is you are trying to lift weights under fatigue?
Ah you have to complete that before you start the workout! Like 50 sit up buy in means you have to complete all of them before you can start the workout, nice added bonus🤨 The lingo is so confusing and I think that's probably why people find it so over the top like just use normal phrases! That and the having to high five everyone after a workout 🙄
Oh jesus, is that what it means?! I dunno if they use it right in our gym then, it was something like this -
Warm up - 5 min cardio and stretches
Buy In - 300m run
20 wall balls
Repeated x 6 (!)

Then the actual work out was more running and other strength exercises, lunges and squats I think. I thought it was like you can do this one or you can do the other work out!

I am definitely not fit and strong, just stubborn and easily bored XD

Oh jesus, is that what it means?! I dunno if they use it right in our gym then, it was something like this -
Warm up - 5 min cardio and stretches
Buy In - 300m run
20 wall balls
Repeated x 6 (!)

Then the actual work out was more running and other strength exercises, lunges and squats I think. I thought it was like you can do this one or you can do the other work out!

I am definitely not fit and strong, just stubborn and easily bored XD
Ahh so usually you would only do the buy in once so the 300m run once then the wall balls would be 6 times 😵💫 might be diff though! The workouts can be more cardio but there's usually a skill or strength element before the workout so can be anything like building up to a pb or one rep max of a barbell lift or gymnastic skills or rope climbing which I'm awful at.

Should give it a try one time!

Ahh so usually you would only do the buy in once so the 300m run once then the wall balls would be 6 times 😵💫 might be diff though! The workouts can be more cardio but there's usually a skill or strength element before the workout so can be anything like building up to a pb or one rep max of a barbell lift or gymnastic skills or rope climbing which I'm awful at.

Should give it a try one time!
I'd love to but the crossfit gyms here are crazy expensive and they don't have any treadmills except the manual ones which give me the fear :D

Im feeling a bit more inspired to try and improve my health.

got our little holiday to Butlins at the end of May so thats a nice kickstarter goal to aim for. Actually went for a very brisk walk yesterday, only 2.7km but it is something at least and a start to be improved on. I know the foundation is food though so trying to rediscover my healthy eating habits. Wish me luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My plan is to start from May 1st as I'll be 6 weeks pp then. Want to spend time planning my meals for the month (aiming to eat healthily through the week and then have whatever on the weekend). Currently struggling with some pelvic issues which makes mobility hard but hoping I can get out with wee man once a day, aiming to walk for an hour a day which should be work out to be a walk round the local park. I'd really like to get a walking pad but that's a little spendy while on mat leave. Can anyone recommend some beginner YouTube workouts? I've never been one to workout but I know I'm never going to shift the weight or feel comfortable in my body if I don't.

• Heart
My plan is to start from May 1st as I'll be 6 weeks pp then. Want to spend time planning my meals for the month (aiming to eat healthily through the week and then have whatever on the weekend). Currently struggling with some pelvic issues which makes mobility hard but hoping I can get out with wee man once a day, aiming to walk for an hour a day which should be work out to be a walk round the local park. I'd really like to get a walking pad but that's a little spendy while on mat leave. Can anyone recommend some beginner YouTube workouts? I've never been one to workout but I know I'm never going to shift the weight or feel comfortable in my body if I don't.
Grow with Jo is great and I think she has got some postpartum specific videos. Definitely don’t try and do a high impact one so early on. I’m 6 months pp and just starting to do some higher impact non-postpartum specific cardio workouts. She has some good dance workouts with great music too but just take them at your own pace to begin with and if jumping or whatever doesn’t feel right, don’t do it!

Urghhhh. I weighed myself. A whole stone heavier than the beginning of March 😭
I feel bloody awful too. Like I hate how I look, I'm back to avoiding pictures with my hubby and little girl, my anxiety is through the roof about my weight and it's making me miserable.
Only person that can change it is me. So I've spent part of little ones nap making sure I have a nice pack up for work, including a low calorie snack, a nice meal and some fruit for a breakfast for when I need my 4am pick me up.
I'm a year postpartum now, I have lost 3st 1.5lb overall since she was born, which I know is a great achievement but I am still a heavy girl and have plenty left to lose. I hope my bad food habits that have creeped back in and duck back off again

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone have any recommendations for protein powder? I usually use MyProtein but fancy branching out and have come across Protein Works - tbh obviously the packaging looks fancy and their site looks good, I like that it says how many servings each pouch gives you - I think will give them a go unless anyone has any recommendations for others to try? Or has heard terrible things about protein works 😂

Does anyone have any recommendations for protein powder? I usually use MyProtein but fancy branching out and have come across Protein Works - tbh obviously the packaging looks fancy and their site looks good, I like that it says how many servings each pouch gives you - I think will give them a go unless anyone has any recommendations for others to try? Or has heard terrible things about protein works 😂
I think we've had from both of them. I'm currently working through Peach Iced Tea (not great, very tart) and Apple and Elderflower (bloody lovely) clear whey proteins from MyProtein. IIRC the selection at MyProtein was better and we got a few of the Protein Works vegan ones which are really gritty and rank, but that might be a vegan protein powder issue.

I use Bulk powder. I particularly rate their organic pure whey powder as I don’t get along with artificial sweeteners. I order it on Amazon rather than their website tbh.

I’ve definitely used Protein Works in the past (before kids) and they were fine.

I’ve ordered some Bulk powder, thank you @uberoblique - it being available via Amazon is very convenient

I am feeling good and focussed. I’ve been very “on it” this week with my food. I’m worried though because I do tend to get into a period of hyper focus and then it bleeds away… just hoping that nothing will happen to trip me up, usually it’s a stressful event or an illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Managed to hold 10:45 minute mile avg pace for a 4 mile run yesterday and no significant hip pain during or after (y) 10:30 avg used to be my easy pace and it wasn't awful, so I'm pleased my times are starting to come down!

Reactions: 7
Was so good all week and most of the day then I’ve massively stress eaten this even because I’m touched/talked out. FML. tomorrow is a new day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Was so good all week and most of the day then I’ve massively stress eaten this even because I’m touched/talked out. FML. tomorrow is a new day.
I'm a stress eater too. So my little one being up all night with a fever is making me want to order mcdonalds more than ever.

• Heart
Recently started following someone online who promotes ‘10 minutes a day’ whether it’s a workout, yoga or meditation. And it feels way more realistic for me to follow.
Baby Ro is well known for being all over the house / unpredictable naps and it’s helped a lot doing those 10minutes at the start of a nap / as soon as he’s down for night time, and even did it whilst holding him today as I wanted to shower during his nap.
Sharing in case anyone else misses a sweaty workout but struggles with the 30-45min ones on YouTube / trainers promote.
OH also set a challenge of 3 large water bottles a day & to buy the Aldi super 6 every week to get us to eat more veg 😂 surprisingly it’s really helped and I’m actually starting to feel a bit better about myself and my body 🙏

• Heart