Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Thighs

Votes: 26 11.3%
  • Stomach

Votes: 189 82.2%
  • Keys

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread specifically for those of us who have had their baby and want to improve their diet and exercise regimen… or you can just moan about how everything is a bit wobbly and jiggly now 😂 whatever works for you!

coming over from the New baby and post patrtum advice thread xx
---
It all came off a lot easier and quicker the first time round, I thought breastfeeding was supposedly mean it absolutely fell off you but I’m not finding that this time round. Also finding my pelvic floor is a disaster zone so I need to really dedicate myself to those exercises daily, can anyone recommend anything? I follow a lady on Insta that does squeeze alongs to music but she does them really fast I dont think I can fully get my head round what I’m meant to be doing.

I know I need to track my calories and protein which I only do sporadically right now and be more active. I was obviously so much stronger with my first because having this baby in the carrier is hard work she feels like she weighs a ton! I’m guessing it’s a good calorie burner though.

does anyone know if protein powder is safe to use when breast feeding?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Hi all, five months postpartum here and still look five months pregnant 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Coming up to 5months PP and currently feeling like a hippo 😂

I have weighed myself weekly for the last few weeks and I have lost 3lb since then, doesn’t feel like a lot but better than gaining I suppose

Reactions: 1
Coming up to 5months PP and currently feeling like a hippo 😂

I have weighed myself weekly for the last few weeks and I have lost 3lb since then, doesn’t feel like a lot but better than gaining I suppose
They said slow weight loss is steady weight loss and easier to keep off successfully so hopefully that’ll pay off for you!

I set myself an interim target which I thought I’d bosh through, but I still have 6lbs to go. It’s all so slow. But then I do eat a lot of cookies and chocolate….

• Heart
I would highly advise using a tdee calculator if youre going to count calories too 😊 rather than going by mfp or something similar 😊

@WeHadFunRight protien shakes are perfectly safe when breastfeeding.

(I certainly need to lose more weight myself but I lost 9 stone previously and have kept around 6 off. At the minute 🤣)
I used to exercise 4-5 times a week before falling pregnant and then had a few weeks of bleeding and was advised to stop so I did. And never started again 😂

10 months PP and am the same weight I was when I was 9 months pregnant! Really really down about it, I've no clothes that fit
I’m finding it a bummer that I’m in a bigger size than I want to be at the moment but I bought myself two new dresses (that fit) and I think I’m going to buy a new pair of shorts and hope I won’t need them past this summer. It’s so hard really, I have so many clothes ranging in sizes. I have historically treated myself really badly when I gain weight being convinced I don’t deserve nice clothes, and as though I’m not worthy of nice things. It’s completely sizeist and a horrible way to treat yourself so I’m trying to change my mentality to a more positive one.

I have bought a few things as needs must (genuinely nothing fits me) but I'm also torn spending a load on clothes because I will be really really unhappy if I stay this size

• Heart
They said slow weight loss is steady weight loss and easier to keep off successfully so hopefully that’ll pay off for you!

I set myself an interim target which I thought I’d bosh through, but I still have 6lbs to go. It’s all so slow. But then I do eat a lot of cookies and chocolate….
Oh I love cookies and chocolate 😂

I don’t think I have a target of what to lose, just until I feel comfortable!

• Heart
I’m 7 weeks PP and just feel awful! I refuse to weigh myself but I feel and look a lot bigger than I did just after giving birth. I’ve had no appetite for the majority of the 7 weeks so only really had one meal a day, so I know my body has definitely stored what I have ate but I feel like I have ballooned since then. I need to try to eat more and exercise more too… I’ve been for a walk today and will have eaten two meals so making progress but I just feel huge, jiggly and uncomfortable in my own skin! The weather certainly doesn’t help and I’m fed up of feeling swollen and bloated from the heat.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Im nine weeks PP and tried to weigh myself and my scales have run out of battery so taking that as a sign not to yet 😂. I’m trying to hit 10000 steps a day when out with the buggy but annoyingly Fitbit doesn’t accurately pick up steps when you’re pushing the pram.
I did this workout with baby earlier and he was full of smiles and giggles. Especially when doing the sit-ups!

I’m 7 weeks PP and just feel awful! I refuse to weigh myself but I feel and look a lot bigger than I did just after giving birth. I’ve had no appetite for the majority of the 7 weeks so only really had one meal a day, so I know my body has definitely stored what I have ate but I feel like I have ballooned since then. I need to try to eat more and exercise more too… I’ve been for a walk today and will have eaten two meals so making progress but I just feel huge, jiggly and uncomfortable in my own skin! The weather certainly doesn’t help and I’m fed up of feeling swollen and bloated from the heat.
I was the same ! I felt like I looked a lot slimmer just a few weeks after giving birth than I do now and the weight just came from no where .. probably all the junk and quick food we’ve eaten 😭

Can you believe the audacity of domino’s pizza opening here AFTER I’m no longer pregnant 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Great idea for a thread 👏🏻

I'm 7 months pp and I guess I'm a bit different as I weigh a bit less than I did pre-pregnancy although still overweight. It's just a different shape now, very blobular with the c-section apron and massive wobbly thighs. I feel a mess in this hot weather and it's just a reminder that last year I didn't have these worries and was so proud of my baby bump.

I weigh myself weekly just to keep on top of it. I think my problem is that I don't always eat during the day and then I eat crap in the evenings - crisps and ice cream are current faves! I've always hated exercise and don't have any motivation to start a fitness regime.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Im nine weeks PP and tried to weigh myself and my scales have run out of battery so taking that as a sign not to yet 😂. I’m trying to hit 10000 steps a day when out with the buggy but annoyingly Fitbit doesn’t accurately pick up steps when you’re pushing the pram.
I did this workout with baby earlier and he was full of smiles and giggles. Especially when doing the sit-ups!
Mine had run out of battery too when I first tried !
It honestly wasn’t as bad as I thought when I did throw in a new battery

Yeah mine used to think I was on a bike 😂 if you tuck it in a pocket or a bum bag when you’re on your walk it’ll capture it more accurately- I don’t wear my Fitbit at the moment but that’s what I do with my phone instead of having it on the buggy as it doesn’t capture the steps otherwise

Glad this has been set up! 10 weeks post section and thinking of starting to go swimming once a week to ease myself in starting in a few weeks. Is that a good / bad idea? I don’t feel like I have the strength or energy to do any gym type exercise yet. And my doctor said no ab work at all for 6months

• Heart
So glad to see this thread.
10 weeks PP tomorrow & feel awful about myself. Granted I am 2 stone lighter than when I got pregnant (yay for sickness 🤦‍♀️) but I have always struggled with my weight & find myself grabbing for the biscuits and crisps and trapping myself inside thanks to anxiety.
Determined to get out for a bit every day for a walk and to pick fruit instead of crisps for a snack!
Tdee calculator done, downloaded nutricheck & meal planned my little heart out & ive deleted just eat, uber eats, deliveroo & dominoes apps. Now to actually stick with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Glad this has been set up! 10 weeks post section and thinking of starting to go swimming once a week to ease myself in starting in a few weeks. Is that a good / bad idea? I don’t feel like I have the strength or energy to do any gym type exercise yet. And my doctor said no ab work at all for 6months
I think you might need to speak to someone about what’s best to do re exercise because your core is key in swimming so I’m not sure - whilst it’s gentle and your body is wholly supported in the water I think your abs are crucial to the movement in water? Can you consider cycling or the x-trainer? Think they might be options?